MR Corvette C8 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,295 comments
Also, looking at the other images, how hard would it be for GM to lobby for a drone no-fly zone within a certain distance of their compound? Or any manufacture for that matter?

Probably very easy. The FAA sets up drone TFRs (temporary flight restrictions) all the time for sporting events amongst other reasons. GM could probably establish a long-term one with little effort.

I still don't think it'll be a Corvette, but rather a Corvette branded "supercar". I still fully expect an engine in front of the driver for a normal Corvette, their sales rely too much on middle aged men who golf to make all Vettes a full blown rear mid engine car.

I still don't think it'll be a Corvette, but rather a Corvette branded "supercar". I still fully expect an engine in front of the driver for a normal Corvette, their sales rely too much on middle aged men who golf to make all Vettes a full blown rear mid engine car.
Unlike Chrysler's SRT brand attempt, I think GM could easily separate the Corvette from Chevrolet (already has it's own badge, and its own brand already basically) and create a "Corvette" brand. Could have various names use Corvette designations:

Base FR - Z51
Sport FR - Grand Sport
Performance FR - Z06
Track Car FR - ZR1
Super Performance MR - Daytona Prototype (just a place holder)

Unlike Chrysler's SRT brand attempt, I think GM could easily separate the Corvette from Chevrolet (already has it's own badge, and its own brand already basically) and create a "Corvette" brand. Could have various names use Corvette designations:

Base FR - Z51
Sport FR - Grand Sport
Performance FR - Z06
Track Car FR - ZR1

Well, it's already its own brand in Europe, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to do what you're saying.

With how the high end car market has booming Im surprised this hasn't been done years ago.

GM Could establish alot of brand prestige if they do this right.

I was just going to say it looks like a freaking Ute in that picture, it's not a very cool looking Vette.

Aside from that quip, I'm going to have to agree with @Joey D 's estimations that there will probably never be a MR Corvette across the range, considering that a lot of the Corvette lore is taking on the best of Europe with a simple V8 in the front. If it's done, it's a one off model in the vein of the new Ford GT where Chevy puts everything into it, and sort of makes it even more of a halo car then the current Z06 and inevitable ZR1 will be.

Also, looking at the other images, how hard would it be for GM to lobby for a drone no-fly zone within a certain distance of their compound? Or any manufacture for that matter?

I've been to the one in Michigan. You don't really need a drone to see in/take pictures.

cdauto-corvettemidengine-73117-1-copy-1.jpg

Man,I hope that that won't have the Corvette name, because it looks like ****. Silly generic MR body.

I really hope this is not the next corvette .
So few cars have remained true to their roots that it would be such a shame for gm to throw away what has become a fantastic car and an iconic brand .
But this is gm we're talking about , so who knows ?

Base FR - Z51
Sport FR - Grand Sport
Performance FR - Z06
Track Car FR - ZR1

I don't see why they don't keep the Chevy name and just make this a halo trim for lack of a better word. They already have the Z06 the ZR1 is obviously on the way. This could slot above the ZR1 (no idea what they would call it) and compete with much stiffer and more expensive competition.

If you think about it, the ZR1 will probably be shown at latest Early January. And then this will be shown either the same time or a later auto show. The point is the ZR1 will be the last of the C7 or possibly the first performance iteration of the C8 front engine, with this being the C8 mid engine. So it should ideally be close and show up next year in an auto show slated for 2019 production or 2020.

Back