Vroom Vroom
Premium
United Kingdom
Limbo
TurboV16
TurboV16
Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-2-Logo.jpg

n69s7r.jpg

A few hours ago, some users on the Call of Duty website saw what is the upcoming games logo. This isn't any old logo. This looks pretty real indeed, and has a date on it, 4.28.12. This could be the date for the reveal trailer, and is indeed more than likely to be so. The link (http://www.callofduty.com/bo2/images) was promptly taken down.

Original story on Playstation Lifestyle.net

Following last year’s major Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 leak, it’s understandable that we haven’t heard much regarding the next CoD (apart from the occasional rumor) with Activision being tight-lipped as much as possible internally. However, while it’s not as substantial as MW3‘s leak, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2‘s logo has seemingly surfaced, in addition to the debut trailer’s release date.

While delving into Activision servers, members at the Call of Duty forums managed to retrieve the image shown above via the following URL: http://www.callofduty.com/bo2/images. While the URL has inevitably been taken down by – as well as the forum threads – with an error message now being prompted, the logo being on the series’ official site certainly gives credence to the validity of the image.

Furthermore, the image indicates a date of April 28th which points towards an imminent reveal. Sure, it could be a date for the general unveiling of Call of Duty, but a debut trailer/teaser could be how it’s actually revealed on the day. Coincidentally, April 28th, 2010, was the exact date for Call of Duty: Black Ops‘ reveal trailer.

Call of Duty: Black Ops remains Activision’s best-selling game to date in the franchise with over a staggering 25 million sales to date.
The game has been confirmed to be revealed on May 1st, as the COD website states.I will update the OP when more information becomes available.
6qctgk.jpg

Last edited:
Another game exactly like the last. As far as I'm concerned, there was non need for a second one.

Crispy
Another game exactly like the last. As far as I'm concerned, there was non need for a second one.

Agreed, but only difference between them all was online, and MW3 didn't have the same appeal as BO2.

Agreed, but only difference between them all was online, and MW3 didn't have the same appeal as BO2.

I hated black ops, so I'm really not looking forward to black ops 2. I actually like the online of MW3 much better. I gave up on Black op after less then a day of play, and MW3 is closing in on 7 days. I was hoping the black ops series was dead, so I wouldn't have to play it with friends and we could move on past COD.

Yes yes, very good.

I'm still not convinced. Just give me a look at the HUB for this game and then I'll decide.

bevo
I hated black ops, so I'm really not looking forward to black ops 2. I actually like the online of MW3 much better. I gave up on Black op after less then a day of play, and MW3 is closing in on 7 days. I was hoping the black ops series was dead, so I wouldn't have to play it with friends and we could move on past COD.

I doubt that day will ever come...

Matty
I doubt that day will ever come...

Sadly, I think you're right. It's funny because 5 or 6 of us will get on, and everyone just complains about cod. For me COD is just to easy. Lately I've been trying to use just a pistol, but that gets boring too. I've tried to get them to switch to BF3, but it's to hard for most of them to get kills. We've tried going back to socom, but the ps3 online is just to bad for anyone to tolerate. Hopefully the new rainbow 6 turns out to be my groups COD killer.

I'll likely get this just for zombies, I get a lot of play out of that with my friends so it's worth a full game for me.

What are you talking about? This is by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward. IF is the ones the duplicate and resell games. Black ops was unique, and added great twists to the series/game, and I'm sure treyarch will continue being innovative with this one too.

I still haven't bought MW3, but I'll buy this. Black Ops is still the best CoD by far, so I can't wait to play the follow up.

You need to get your facts straight brah.

What are you talking about? This is by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward. IF is the ones the duplicate and resell games. Black ops was unique, and added great twists to the series/game, and I'm sure treyarch will continue being innovative with this one too.

I still haven't bought MW3, but I'll buy this. Black Ops is still the best CoD by far, so I can't wait to play the follow up.

Hes saying that there was no need for a sequel to Black Ops. Treyarch have far better fan support too IMO, another reason why I think this'll be a good game.

CoD innovative? I'm sorry but personally, the only differences is the story. They're all buggy as hell, all have the same non-tactical gameplay, in fact the graphics have barely changed since 2007! The reason it takes two years for a CoD game to be made is because it's nearly the same each time. To me it doesn't matter if it's Treyarch or Infinity Ward, it's the same boring game. That's why I like Halo and Battlefield. I'm game for something staying the same, it's the problem of it being the same boring thing, with the only change in weapons and maps, not gameplay.

When you think of it, Call of Duty : World at war was actually a pretty good game. Especially the Single player mode.

No, no no, no, never. Every Call of Duty is the same as the one before, new maps, guns and modes do not equal innovation, I don't understand why they don't just release a new DLC every year to save on the associated costs of releasing a new game. Somehow, though, Black Ops managed to look even worse than MW2, gameplay was almost exactly the same.

I'm fairly confident that I'll never be interested in Call of Duty ever again. Black Ops was the last one I bought and I stopped playing it (and everything else) when GT5 came out a week or two later.

No, no no, no, never. Every Call of Duty is the same as the one before, new maps, guns and modes do not equal innovation, I don't understand why they don't just release a new DLC every year to save on the associated costs of releasing a new game. Somehow, though, Black Ops managed to look even worse than MW2, gameplay was almost exactly the same.

I'm fairly confident that I'll never be interested in Call of Duty ever again. Black Ops was the last one I bought and I stopped playing it (and everything else) when GT5 came out a week or two later.

Because less people buy DLC than a full game ;)

Activision just like to milk as much money from the COD series as possible, anyone like to remember a few years ago when after the success of 4:MW (I think? it might have been WAW I'm not sure) the CEO of Activision wanted to increase the price for the next COD game?

The picture is fake, why would they use a recycled picture from the old games cover, on the first piece of information for a new game. They do like to recycle but come on, they're not that incompetant. Another Photoshop job bringing fanboys to a frienzy, they'rll be an anouncement, just wait for it, you won't be getting the game untill November anyway!

TomBrady

Hahaha.... What exactly was "innovative" about Black Ops?

-They added wager matches which were cool but really just stolen ideas from games before them so that's not innovative.

-Oh they added a money system.... A joke, basically the money worked exactly like the xp system. When you would normally have unlocked it through xp is when you had the money to buy it anyway. Not innovative, done before many times.

IW would be the more innovative of the two. They took the massive leap into modern day war which was a huge gamble and clearly it paid off. They introduced the modern day unlock system seen in many games which is quite innovative.

Since Modern Warfare not one single thing has been innovative about COD. As I said I'd be interested in getting this because it's an easy game to play. My girlfriend liked the bot mode from Black Ops 1 and loved zombies and so it's pretty cool I can play a fps with her. Beyond that this game isn't anything that's been done over and over again. Different maps with the same graphics that are starting to show their age, guns reskined, a few perks relabeled, and a few killstreaks renamed.

You, brah (????), need to get your facts straight and have played more than 1 COD game to comment on that sort of thing.

COD 1 was innovative.... Black Ops was not.

The picture is fake, why would they use a recycled picture from the old games cover, on the first piece of information for a new game. They do like to recycle but come on, they're not that incompetant. Another Photoshop job bringing fanboys to a frienzy, they'rll be an anouncement, just wait for it, you won't be getting the game untill November anyway!

Explain why it was on callofduty.com then. 💡

Just a heads up, this game gets a formal unveiling tomorrow. And look what I found too...

CODpo_1335559729.jpg

Really looking forward to this, I prefer Treyarchs games to be honest. World at war is the best of the bunch. Black ops didn't fully meet expectations for a lot of people. So hopefully they have taken that on board and put the effort in to make it decent, as WaW was.

I just hope they make the single player a bit more challenging, especially on veteran. Finishing it in less than 8 hours is just ridiculous. And for the multiplayer, as long as it doesn't look like Blops, it will be good enough.

COD went down hill after COD WaW. I didn't care for the original Black Ops.

I've quite enjoyed all the COD games up until now. Not a huge fan of the TDM but I will occasionally get on for a quick game if I don't want to invest a lot of effort into a game but I feel like killing an hour.

To be honest however, I'm pretty tired of the formula and the single player is terribly short. I feel a little burnt out on this sort of FPS at present. They are going to have to make something really impressive to get me to part with my hard earn money. Also I think they know the pressure is on to bring something spectacular since MW saga has come to a close.

I honestly think COD only has a few more titles left in it before the series comes to a close. Sure they sell great but I have a feeling within the next few release, sales are going to start to dissapate.

Slashfan
I honestly think COD only has a few more titles left in it before the series comes to a close. Sure they sell great but I have a feeling within the next few release, sales are going to start to dissapate.

The only way that will happen is if they get more serious competition. BF3 was a start but it released with so many bugs it didn't get off to the start it could have. If BF4 pulls off some stellar things in the next generation, which its being built for, then you'll see a massive hit to COD's sales.

I think the COD series has a lot of catching up to do when the next gen consoles come around. Frosbite 2 is built for the next gen. CoD's engine is not and hadn't been updated in a very long time which could very well be their undoing.

That said I may buy this COD only for co-op bots, zombies and hopefully wager matches. And only for those reasons because it's the only fps my girlfriend will play, she quite likes zombies.

Frostbite 2 isn't what I had hoped it would have been...

COD isn't as fun as it was pre WaW. It's the same thing over and over, nothing new and interesting.

Slashfan
Frostbite 2 isn't what I had hoped it would have been...

COD isn't as fun as it was pre WaW. It's the same thing over and over, nothing new and interesting.

Probably because you are experiencing the engine on console.

Like others have said Frostbite 2 was built for next gen. How can you get that on a ps3?

On console Frostbite 2 is limited to 30 FPS at 720p.

The difference between any cod game and bf3 on PC is like comparing a ps2 title to ps3.

I quit playing cod after black ops. The series is nothing but $60 map packs and rearranged perks.

I played mw1 and mw2 competitively through MLG on Xbox. MW2 was the last descent title. Waw was a joke online due to glitching your kill streaks so they would become unlimited. I held down a 4.0 kdr in pubs while run and gunning on waw. Stg plus silencer and wait until after you die to call in the dogs....

No cod game will ever compare to mw1 because it was the first of its kind on console.

I have jumped ship from cod and will never go back.

Back