Camera angles especially chase cam...

• Thread starter DonZonda
  • 105 comments
A proper bonnet cam is what I desire most but I don't hold much hope, i'm sure 90% of cars will have roof cam again.

I just feel PD should be getting the basics right before trying to model entire cities like Andalucia. It would only make up a tiny fraction of the development time implementing changes like the cameras or the HUD in comparison.

I agree they should focus on essentials, and I might be the only one, but I feel that the HUD, along with the chase cam, is not something that will enhance my experience since I use neither.

I feel time would be better spent on damage modelling, track and car physics and other things which go further to liken the game to a real life situation.

The thing here is, adjusting camera angles are just parameters which they have to change, thats nothing which takes up time. In PC sims for example it's a good example. You go to the options and chose the parameters you want. And done!
So it can't be a big deal.
Or at least give us an option to chose our angles our self. The photomode is a good example how easy it is, to change FOV, dept of field etc... :)

There are things you want to do in a game like GT. You want to see the reflection on Premium cars while in movement, the 30 km/h run while you rotate camera is something that should be included in GT as soon as possible.
They made photo mode but it's not the same.

This thread should be sticky. Because it's a very easy implementation and add something valuable to the experience.

I agree. Especially for cruising which I do a lot with many cars surrounding me it's hard to keep an overview with the stupid camera angles of GT5 (and probably GT6).

A proper bonnet cam is what I desire most but I don't hold much hope, i'm sure 90% of cars will have roof cam again.

This as well. It's ridiculous, games like GTA IV get this perfectly done, yet PD seems to think you want to drive from the roof.

There are things you want to do in a game like GT. You want to see the reflection on Premium cars while in movement, the 30 km/h run while you rotate camera is something that should be included in GT as soon as possible.

This thread should be sticky. Because it's a very easy implementation and add something valuable to the experience.

Fully agree, should be stickied, it's not just a simple wish, it's something very important for the playing experience and and it's a self-evident feature in almost every driving game.

Photomode is a proof their current graphic engine allows completely free camera movement (unlike GT4 where you always had preset camera positions, even in photomode), so give it to us!

I find an adjustable cockpit view (and chase view for the sake of options) as in Live For Speed is badly needed. GT6 looks no different from GT5 in this regard - it's still stuck in a granny driving position.

" 360° " lol

The problem is that many people arent Sim drivers, they just use GT 5 for the beautiful cars and they ask for things to create something like TDU out of GT (just an example " @KiroKai -Especially for cruising")

my most used sentence in GT 5 online : "*biiiiip* u KIDS, PLS go to NFS"

I dont want to hurt someone but pls dont ask for features which have nothing to do with a Sim.

ps: Iam not talking about adjustable cockpit cam , it's ok but the rest .. ?
And other features like livery editor has nothing to do with GT.

I dont remember things like that in iracing.

Last edited:
I dont want to hurt someone but pls dont ask for features which have nothing to do with a Sim.

How are camera options nothing to do with a sim? No matter what you're doing you're using a camera, you're not actually in a car even if you use cockpit view. It's still a game so the more camera options the better. It's nothing to do with being a simulator, there is no such thing as a "sim" camera.

And other features like livery editor has nothing to do with GT.

I dont remember things like that in iracing.

You should play it more often then.

iracingpainter.png

Also, maybe watch some more real world racing. Liveries are a big part of racing.

Thank you, I fully agree!!! This is something which is needed in GT and sholdnt be a big deal.
Premium cars would make way more sense with it. except the Cockpit view they include.

The problem is that many people arent Sim drivers, they just use GT 5 for the beautiful cars and they ask for things to create something like TDU out of GT (just an example " @KiroKai -Especially for cruising")

my most used sentence in GT 5 online : "*biiiiip* u KIDS, PLS go to NFS"

Oh the ignorance. Combined with arrogancy. You're a lovely person. :rolleyes: So I'm a kid who should play NFS because I like to relax and do not drive as fast as possible. Pretty much an opposition of itself. It was just an example as well but, why should I bother to go on. I would go further on the camera subject but Simon said it already.

Oh the ignorance. Combined with arrogancy. You're a lovely person. :rolleyes: So I'm a kid who should play NFS because I like to relax and do not drive as fast as possible. Pretty much an opposition of itself. It was just an example as well but, why should I bother to go on. I would go further on the camera subject but Simon said it already.

:lol: just ignore those posts, it's his opinion but not very constuctive for us.
In the end it will end in a none sense disscussion.
Anyways lets go on :dopey:

I think any cam, bumper roof cockpit.... must follow the pilot eyes reaching to the apex. Sorry for the bad quick sketch.
Semtiacutetulo-1.jpg

I think any cam, bumper roof cockpit.... must follow the pilot eyes reaching to the apex. Sorry for the bad quick sketch.
This feature was in Shift 2 and it was nearly impossible to drive decent with it.

This feature was in Shift 2 and it was nearly impossible to drive decent with it.

I think that together with some other settings options it can be really immersive and eficient.
Check this project cars helmet cam, don't need a lot of angle.

That is what I want as well and am really hoping we get it this time. Seems like it did exist of some of the early demo builds of GT5 so maybe....

For me , i think it must really help a lot , just to focuse on the apex driving line. Sometime i feel lost in GT5 ,like if my head was pressed in a vice. Of course you can look the right or left part of the screen, but the cam stay blocked.

F1 2012 helmet cam.

GT5 helmet cam

For me , i think it must really help a lot , just to focuse on the apex driving line. Sometime i feel lost in GT5 ,like if my head was pressed in a vice. Of course you can look the right or left part of the screen, but the cam stay blocked.
What do you want it's already in GT5 in a more practical form.

I hope that this time it can be fully implemented in all modes along with the 3D.

I wish GT6's chase cam reverted to the style that it had in GT1-GT3, or at least provided an option for a "loose" camera. There are situations where I like using chase cam, but they just don't pop up in GT5 (or GT4 before it) because I can't use the one it has.

What do you want it's already in GT5 in a more practical form.

I hope that this time it can be fully implemented in all modes along with the 3D.

Wow... i didn't knew about this , it seems very good after setting it to your own playing conditions. But it's another hardware, like "Zero"says.
I would be very happy with the Iracing helmet cam like above, and the most important for me, with the car moving around the eyes of the pilot not together.

Wow... i didn't knew about this , it seems very good after setting it to your own playing conditions. But it's another hardware, like "Zero"says.
I would be very happy with the Iracing helmet cam like above, and the most important for me, with the car moving around the eyes of the pilot not together.
You didn't know of this either? ;)

You didn't know of this either? ;)

Yes i saw this kind of things on the tube. The problem is that this kind of harware represent for me a couple of years of pay (salarie).
For a single monitor ,like 99% or more of the GTplayers , the iracing helmet cam must help a lot for racing sensations.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

You misunderstood me .
I dont said that you are a kid ! It was just an example .

What iam trying to say is (and iam not talking directly about features which were posted in this Thread, Iam talking about it in a generall aspect) that many, really many people in GT are not Sim Drivers and because of that they ask for new features which have nothing to do with a Sim .

Btw i didnt knew what a livery editor really is, I thought its a feature where you can change the car (hood,spoilers etc...).

Look what is avaible in ,for example, iracing and then look what people ask for GT.

Do you ever joined a "UK Rules 70mph" lobby ? 1 year ago you could really cruise there and now ??? 10 year old Kids playing (of course) with gamepad and driving (messing around and destroying the feeling/atmosphere of the cruise lobby) with Race Soft tyres + Aids on + 4WD and STILL crashing in EVERY corner of the London track !!!!!

Can you give me 1 reason why these Kids should not go to NFS ?

The only camera view I want improved is the roof cam. Some cars have the cam on the roof, some on the bonnet. I like to play games with the view on the bonnet. So GT6 should have a proper bonnet cam :)

Back to the Topic.

I wanted to say something about the "must follow the pilot eyes reaching to the apex" feature .
Like someone said before it's impossible to drive.
I cant find the words to describe it but it feels like that you are not driving the car. I think i used (tried to use it) in a rFactor mod and i completly failed (or this feature failed). I took my favourite car on my favourite track and my lap times were 1-2 seconds slower + many many spins. Especially while driving out of a corner with a F1 car i spun much. i couldnt feel that i was sliding with my rear, everytime it was too late..
I think if you want to see more, buy a 3/5 screen setup. The idea of it ( seeing the apex->maybe better feel or faster driving ) doesnt work in video games. In real it doesnt work too. Iam driving a 45Ps Shifter Kart and i never look to the apex (like this feature does) before iam in the corner.

Back