can any1 sit still when playing gt3

  • Thread starter Thread starter tm2003
  • 49 comments
  • 1,509 views
Messages
471
i fore one cant i try to turn my controller like a wheel, and i also have the habbit of turning my head try ing to see if i made the corner:lol:
 
Yeh, i can sit still pretty easily when i'm playing...i hate it when people move the controller in the direction they're turning...
 
I sit still. My controller is kept still. I have even switched from my couch to ar armchair where my overall driving position is relaxed but very stable.

The biggest movement is when I cross the finish line escpecilly when it is in a Toyota GT one at Cote in less than 1:35.
 
Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
:odd:
How don't you?
Sit there and don't move your ass



He's Right you know.

Although it does get annoying when you're doing a long annoying track doing 15 laps. I can barely stand it but I do it.
 
my old man once hit me wiv his controller....

i now sit on the other side of the room when racing him....
 
yea i used to play lying on my bed. every so often i had to sit up but thats about it.
 
Originally posted by Axis maN
my old man once hit me wiv his controller....

i now sit on the other side of the room when racing him....
:lol:
 
I sit at a wheel , so I don't have a choice.

I have been seen leaning when playing racing games with DSII type controllers, though.
 
usually only when things get hairy...

and i sit ringht forward on the seat :)
 
I don't move much when racing. If it's a long race, I'll move a bit to stretch when I pit but that's about it.

It drives me CRAZY when my phone rings while I'm racing. It's usually telemarketers and that pisses me off:mad: !!

It drives me NUTS!!!!:banghead:
 
Originally posted by danibus
It drives me CRAZY when my phone rings while I'm racing. It's usually telemarketers and that pisses me off:mad: !!

Just tell them, **** YOU! I'm too busy playing Gran Turismo 3 to listen to your bull****! And hang up. :).

I usually wiggle around a bit, I sit forward on the seat and stand up when things are getting hairy, either that or I'm getting closer to the screen so I can punch it.
 
...I sit forward on the seat and stand up when things are getting hairy, either that or I'm getting closer to the screen so I can punch it.

You must really go thru the TVs!!:lol: :p
 
I lay in a strange way. I share my room with my brother, and our beds are separated by some 50 cm in where a little furniture goes... so, I lay with my feet on his bed, my legs flyin and my body in my bed, in front of the tv. but, it migth be confusing. the tv is not aside of my bed, its infront of it. so all my weight is supported by my arm, and I grab the controller almost floored to the bed. -_- im a contorsionist. every once in a while I have to get up and sit because my arm is too tired to even feel it @@

Cano
 
Originally posted by gumpy
I sit still. My controller is kept still. I have even switched from my couch to ar armchair where my overall driving position is relaxed but very stable.

The biggest movement is when I cross the finish line escpecilly when it is in a Toyota GT one at Cote in less than 1:35.
I might have to look in to that. Using an armchair would make me a lot more comfortable and thus, my lap times would improve.

I for one can sit still, but I suddenly get itchy sometimes when I first start a race, and have to constantly pause it to scratch! Worst place would have to be your back, because you can't reach it without pausing the game! :lol:
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
Just tell them, **** YOU! I'm too busy playing Gran Turismo 3 to listen to your bull****! And hang up. :).

I usually wiggle around a bit, I sit forward on the seat and stand up when things are getting hairy, either that or I'm getting closer to the screen so I can punch it.
Anyone bothers me while I'm playing I either a. give them an earful (fone use only) or b. shove them out the nearest door and close said door (when someone is in the same room as you, pissing you off).

I sit on a couch, with the 68cm TV directly in front of me (awesome racing feel :D), the PS2 on the ground in front of me and sitting in a position like a real car.
 
I usually sit very still, with the occaisional lean when things are extremely hairy. I have a wooden sling type arcmchair from Ikea that has almost perfect driving position.

I am very fussy about the position, though. I hold the DS2 down tight in my lap, braced against my hips, and everything has to be just right. It bugs me if my shirt is wrinkled under my wrists even, or if the cord is on the wrong side of my feet! Both those things have caused me to blow good laps. What a loser!
 
Originally posted by neon_duke

I am very fussy about the position, though. I hold the DS2 down tight in my lap, braced against my hips, and everything has to be just right. It bugs me if my shirt is wrinkled under my wrists even, or if the cord is on the wrong side of my feet! Both those things have caused me to blow good laps. What a loser!


If you're a loser, then i am one too.

I have the same "problem". I have a hard time concentrating on the race if i don't sit in the exact right position. Legs on the table, my hands free from any contact besides the DSII and my elbows at the right spot.
 
I cant stand when people move all over the place when they play. What the hell is wrong with them.



Stupidity: Trying the same thing over and over with the same results.

Moving the controller to try and steer the car doesnt work. It didnt work the first time you tried. Its not going to start working.

If this game takes that much concentration. You have a very limited brain. You need to excercise it.


Ways to do this are eat with left hand (or right hand if your a lefty). Take a different route to school/work. Its called Neurobics or Brain Gym. If you do it alot you can make your brain much more powerful. And you create stronger connections within it etc. I do it all of the time. Its very good for you. It also makes it easier to think and you think faster etc.
 
:lol: I also hate it when i have that moment and i can't seem to find a comfortable "groove" in the seat...:mad:
 
It's a bit of a b!tch when you're going along fine, and all of a sudden you become consious of the cord on the wrong side, or a bump in theseat . . . from then on, it's impossible to play GT3! :mad:
 
Or when i go to lay down on the couch from sitting, then i find that the cord can't reach that extra damn 20 cm! I then have to get up and move the PS2 more forward...:mad:
 
When my kitten comes in and attacks the cord thats swaying a few cms above the ground, it really pisses me off. Not only because I'll have to buy a new controller and that he might pull the PS2 onto his head, but it puts me off GT3. Dammit, stupid cute little thing.
 
Close the door to wherever you're playing...or put some extra rubber around your cord...i don't like those damn cute kittens and puppies! :lol:
 
Yeah I should do, but we have to keep him inside for a while, so we lock him in a room so we can open the doors and get some ventalation running through the house. When I go to growl him for doing something bad, he puts on his cute little face and I find that I'm not angry anymore. Damn cute animals!
 
Back