Can anyone explain this please?????

• Thread starter f1peru
  • 20 comments
Hello,
Everytime I play online, like yesterday, there are guys that are much much faster.
I mean, you can clearly see that their cars are way faster. Like yesterday I was playing Bahrain.
My best time is 1:33, 1:34. But there are guys that can make a 1:29.

Don't get me wrong, I imagine some people could be good drivers, but when we go on the straight part of the circuit, you can clearly see that their cars are much faster, they have more power.

Why is that? I've tried with Renault and Ferrari.
Someone told me they use the "x" from the remote instead of the joystick.

Could someone please explain?
I enjoy playing online, but is impossible to win any race because some guys are way faster.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Maybe they have a higher corner exit speed and better gearing, not more power. You don't always need to have more power to pull away on the straights.

And, as you say, there is always someone who is faster.

It's amazing how much time poor corner exit speed will damage your time. At Bahrain, which has several long straights, this effect is magnified.

Yup, as has been said, exit speed is key, sometimes taking a corner slowly is a good thing if it allows you to pull out of the corner on a much faster line and a long straight is after it. A great example of this is the last corner at Hungary, if you take this corner like a hairpin rather than sticking to the apex, you'll have a massive advantage over the AI who stick to the racing line on the apex all the way round, where you will have a massive speed advantage on the following straight, and I do mean massive, I regularly grab over 3 seconds on the AI because of this corner.

Yeah, what they said.
Another reason could be that some drivers online may use manual gears rather than automatic, meaning they can get the maximum out of the car if they're experienced enough.

Experiment with slightly different lines and throttle pick up positions at the apexes,and braking pressures.When your not using full throttle acceleration between corners, the fastest way is controlled by throttle position incriments, that can take many tenths off your time.There's quite a few ways to get around a corner fast ,but to find the fastest, you must experiment.

Last edited:
Its sounds like your using the regular controller. Nothing wrong with that, I used the controller in F1CE for a long time. However, after I got used to the wheel and pedals, I was able to trim seconds off my lap times, compared with when I used the regular dual shock controller. I know some people are actually faster with the DS controller though. For me at least, the wheel allows me to be more precise with all of my turns. This has helped me choose better racing lines, as I am more able to take the right line, repeatably. With the DS controller, I always found it to be more challenging to be consistent. That, and I raced so much with it, that my thumbs were getting extremely sore (well, the throttle/brake one anyway).

If you really enjoy F1 racing, and this game, I'd recommend purchasing a Logitech Driving Force Pro. I know its no the newest wheel by them, but it is the best one for F1CE, IMHO. I was able to get one off Ebay for about $75.

Of course, the wheel and pedals won't be much good to you, unless you have something decent to mount them to, and arrange them with. You can make something cheap, that'll do the job though. $25 at Home Depot, and some labor can yield you something that'll get the job done.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Thank you everybody, I'm trying many suggestions,
A friend of mine and I are trying a tip that I read somewhere, about using
the X instead of the joystick to accelerate,
after that we have been able to trim almost 2 seconds from our times.
It's a little hard in the beginning until you get use to it.

I agree with you Lofasz that the wheel and pedals help you trim off seconds,
because in real life when I drive my car, I can accelerate and break at the same time
to reduce my speed, and that's difficult for me with the regular ps3 remote.

Thanks again to everybody!!

My best Bahrain time is now 1':33".9

The other day I was playing online and one guy had 1'33" on the first lap
and then 1'29" after that.
The record for Bahrain is 1'13sec

^

You really can't judge the online time records , as they are inaccurate , this is due to game glitches and so forth. There are some fast guys out there , but not quite that fast.

www.gameracer.co.uk

This will give you an idea of how to construct a driving station (or just purchase one from them as I did many years ago). Looks like they have improved their seats. My seat is a karting seat.

They used to have a distributor in the US, but no longer. Not sure if they would deliver to the US.

Thank you everybody, I'm trying many suggestions,
A friend of mine and I are trying a tip that I read somewhere, about using
the X instead of the joystick to accelerate,
after that we have been able to trim almost 2 seconds from our times.
It's a little hard in the beginning until you get use to it.

I agree with you Lofasz that the wheel and pedals help you trim off seconds,
because in real life when I drive my car, I can accelerate and break at the same time
to reduce my speed, and that's difficult for me with the regular ps3 remote.

Thanks again to everybody!!

My best Bahrain time is now 1':33".9

The other day I was playing online and one guy had 1'33" on the first lap
and then 1'29" after that.
The record for Bahrain is 1'13sec
Just don't go fool yourself that one cannot be fast with sixaxis. Take psycho-fast fishfash's word for it:
I used to use a controller and for me the controller was faster. However driving with the wheel is ten fold more enjoyable 👍
I use x for throttle and square for brake and with auto-gears and high TC on I've done 1'33.9 on Bahrain with MF1. So keep slugging :)

Well I'm not convinced there isnt some glitch or cheat being used I use pedals and wheel etc and am = to or faster than nearly everyone i race the only people I dont seem to be able to race are the ones setting laps 2 - 3 seconds quicker than the rest of the field sometimes more... sorry thats not just practice makes perfect, I could get it if it was a second or so but I've done some bang on laps and known there was very little more I can do (perhaps a fraction here or there but not another 3 seconds no way!!!)

I do believe the current NTSC Champion won with one! :sly:

I believe the NTCS Champion uses the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/4172&cl=US,EN) I have used wheels since GT2. The G25 is the best IMHO (so far) and is what I use today. Is it worth the $, only time will tell but I have been using it since it was released (over 2 years now) and have not had any problems. I applaude the guys who use a controller and be able to go that fast 👍

I too have used all the Logitech wheels since they began to be available and I never got 2 years of service without issues with reliability out of any of them. I do race more hours than most people granted. I would wear out the paddle shifters and reach a point where I would miss shifts regularily. I also has issues with the connector for the power supply (internally). I got into the habit of buying the extended warranty and simply replacing them as they failed.

Then I finally bought the G25 more than 2 years ago. It is built much more robustly using stainless steel and real hand stitched leather. The steering shaft is supported on ball bearings instead of plain bushings. The wheel itself has a larger diameter and it uses two DC motors for force feedback instead of one which is more commonly used. It also has built in threaded inserts for the steering console and pedal base which allow a very secure mounting method for a predrilled unit such as the Playseat. It has functioned flawlessly and given me no trouble whatsoever. And of course there is the additional features of the clutch pedal, and H pattern gated shifter. It operates very smoothly and has served me well. It's more money, but then a Mercedes costs more than a Chevrolet last time I checked :)

Back