Can anyone suggest how to make a DB9 a drifter?

• Thread starter Middle
  • 14 comments
awsominator
Basically in the title, how can i make my DB9 a drifting machine, i have had fun with it but it is superseded so i want to just make it for drifting.

Thanks

Whack some Comfort Hards on it and learn the damn car! Tuning a car to be easier to drift is like putting the insides and weight of you favourite drift car in a different shell! Effort = Success.

Since its a fairly heavy car, you want to get some weight reductions (And such)..

Make sure you have some stiffer springs too, then try to lower the ride height.
I would keep the power stock, I think it already has around 460(?)hp, so thats pretty good, taking you will also have some weight shedded off.

Any RWD car can be a drifter with the right tunings and upgrades.. So just make sure its light enough to slide more (I wouldn't do too light though, I find those tricky/too fast sliding).

P.S. keep your TCS on 0 so you can get the power to push it around those corners.

Well i went and upgraded everything before i decided to drift-ify it so it is light and overlly powerful XD

I was hoping there was just like a standard suspension/diff setup

Well it may be quite difficult if your car has too much power, Because on the drifts you will have to be Super careful with your throttle. It also is mainly difficult for me when a car is too light. try to un-install anything you can.

I tried drifting with a DB9 in prologue, but I thought it was generally too big and not comfortable.

Hmm yeah i think that i may not try to make this a drifter, it is a bit silly after all... Problem is that it has crippling understeer when i st it up for races =[

Suspension settings i use: Weight lowered, rear springs a tad harder then the front, 0.7 camber on front, and 0.02 toe on front, leave the rear camber and toe. Then you change the LSD to 5 60 60, and have fun. I use these settings on my 622 break AM as well, so.

Its not hard to drift. This is me after owning the car for a few hours, its very stable though if you know what I mean so you'll have to keep the power on.

After see this request in 2 diferent places, i decided to review my setup and if its proper, ill put it into the drift setup thread and link it here.

cause its NA you just have to keep it in its power ban which is 6000 to redline and that's the hardest part i have found.

Just adapt your way of breaking traction, and play with the gears a bit. Definately you can drift this car at 4k RPM, maybe even 3.

My DB9 is fully upgraded with comfort hards and it is one of the easiest most stable drift cars I have. Ive basically been running a base tune for months, if you would like to try the setup PM me and Ill go hunt it down.

I personally would have gave it only
an Adjustable LSD and N1 Tires.

If the weight is causing the car to regain traction too soon, Weight reduction 1 + Engine Upgrade 1.

Latest Posts

Back