Can anyone suggest something new for me to do on GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hig-GT
  • 77 comments
  • 4,816 views
Right so, I have a DFGT wheel on reserve for late next week & I have started driving with a manual box aswell, feels natural so not having too much trouble with it so far ... just got to get used to it online now lol (just tried but I was in a race where I just kept getting hit from every angle so I just left it lol)

Have golded the AMG Academy aswell now, found the wet easier to do than the dry lol! Just golded NASCAR aswell lol!

Have started that riviera league (down the coast special event thing) think I need the wheel to hit a 1.17 at Eiger (although I only had two runs and hit a 1.18) so shall see how that goes.
 
Last edited:
Why do people buy racing games and then complain that all there is to do is drive cars around tracks? The beauty of the GT series is that you can do whatever you want with it, you don't just have to do the A-spec/career part.

+1 👍

You can't "finish" a racing game! It's RACING! You can always go faster.

Until you can easily beat the best (real) drivers in equal equipment, I can't see how anyone can get bored of a racing game. After nearly 3 years of GT5 Prologue I still wasn't that bored with it.

Try joining one of the better run online racing leagues, or run the current WRS qualifier so you can join the upcoming Weekly Race Series races :gtpflag:
If you don't like how the online races are organized, then start your own series.

Also, as others have said: get a wheel! It's not about being faster or not; it changes the experience from playing a game, to being a driving simulator IMHO.
 
"Can anyone suggest something new for me to do on GT5"
win a race by only driving backwards
 
"Can anyone suggest something new for me to do on GT5"
win a race by only driving backwards

Well I got a message through with a link to an onlien racing league ... SO ... I'm going to get the wheel and get used to driving with that and I'm going to polish my manual box skills and then I'm going to go for online. I'm doing the special events atm, really not into rallying but I'm doing the first rally series first, get to try out my Scooby Impreza Rally Car for the first time, not good at rallying though lol!

I just wish there was more to do inside the game, you know challenges and events wise, I'd love to have a stupid amount of events just to work through, I remember GT3 had loads & loads to do. I'll live off seasonal and special events for now though lol.
 
I have a couple of tracks, I've created my own version of the Nurburgring which is quite good to drive. I have another track as well, I find it hard to create a decent track though due to the lack of more specific options, which is a shame because it is a great feature!
 
I have a couple of tracks, I've created my own version of the Nurburgring which is quite good to drive. I have another track as well, I find it hard to create a decent track though due to the lack of more specific options, which is a shame because it is a great feature!

Have you uploaded 'your' version of the 'Ring? sounds like fun! ... I'm just a little disappointed that the track creator leaves most of the scenery to the imagination!

Also - another Warringtonian on the board! 👍
 
Get to B-spec lvl 35, then you will get the Red Bull X2010 Prototype.
Try to collect all the cars:)
 
Have you uploaded 'your' version of the 'Ring? sounds like fun! ... I'm just a little disappointed that the track creator leaves most of the scenery to the imagination!

Also - another Warringtonian on the board! 👍

No I haven't but I can do lol!

I actually already have an X1 lol! Traded it so I could use it for grindin B-Spec. I think B Spec will stop at level 32 for me though (after Nurb four hour endurance)

As for qp420qp's comment, lets just say it is very complicated atm :P

Edit - Just gone to upload my track and they are all gone lol! :S
 
Last edited:
Get a girlfriend.👍

This for sure will eat your time.



But on the topic, what about drifting? Did you already master the Art of drifting in all its forms?
 
I'm assuming you have amassed a ton of cars. Why not take them all for a spin. It is a driving game after all. Once upon a time we never "leveled up" and bought a driving game to erm.....drive. :dopey:
 
I will be going drifting once i get a wheel lol :P i can guarantee that, just cant drift it how i want to with a controller, i can drift though :P just not as good as some people (who I'm guessin use a wheel :P)

I have over 350 cars atm, I have a few lined up, I just bought myself a Hyundai Tiburon (My real life car) so I'll be painting that blue like mine, uprate the air intake, put slightly better tyres on, whack in the rigidity and get her lowered on a fixed sports kit and see how good GT5 really is.
 
Get a girlfriend.👍

If you thought the price of a PS3, GT5, G25 & 46" Sony Bravia was expensive then you're in for a shock ... women are the most expensive hobbies going!
 
Superfunk speaks the truth lol! :P
 
Latest thing i done is: got the disk out of the ps3 and put in another game that didnt get on my nerves bout the grinding.
Most anoying grinding ever pff.
 
Oh sod it ... Found myself bored stiff racing online today so wheels cancelled and I'm going back to playing MGS4 for now.

Shame really, GT5 has managed to keep me playing it for 48 days, although started getting bored after 30-odd days lol! Ahhh well, I have tried all your suggestions so thank you for listing them, but I figure that I'm generally bored of the game as it is so I'll still be bored doing the same events with a wheel, don't really want to spend £80+ if I'll still be bored.

Thanks anyway.
 
Back