Can anyone suggest something new for me to do on GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hig-GT
  • 77 comments
  • 4,818 views
I have a tendency to do absurd things just to mix it up a bit. "light snacks" if you will. Here are some things I've done:

- Go nuts tuning a Prius or Vitz or ridiculously reduce weight in a MiEV and go into challenges you have no business in just to see how it does. There's something oddly amusing about a 180 HP Prius.

- Drive the Go Kart. On every track. Then watch the replays. Watching that thing climb the walls at Daytona is hysterical.

- Overpower a race by an insane margin and challenge yourself to lap the field. Example - the Bentley Speed 8 is a "British Lightweight". There's a race at Rome that I ran in a Pescarolo Hybride. By a similar token, figure out how much you should win by and wait that amount of time at the start. Try to pass for the win at the line on the final lap.

- I do things in reverse too. Not going the wrong way around the track. I drive in reverse.

- Take a car you don't care about and thrash it against every wall you can. See if you can make a bumper or door fall off.
 
forty_three I have done all of those lol --- the going nuts tuning thing i mentioned above i did with my 2CV and won lol, I won Shwarzland League B with a Kubelwagon for gods sake! :P

Go karts are boring. (Have golded the special event though)

Overpowered car - Well, I lap everyone in endurances, so that does me.

I've gone round the Nurburgring in reverse gear in my Ferrari 458 Italia

I tried trashing my ferraris and lambos one night .. Just couldnt get the bumper off that lambo!
 
Mate ... Sorry to say it ... But you are taking this game WAY too seriously! Thats just worrying that you are reporting that back from a game! Sure, I've had a couple of close races online, I had one online yesterday, last lap on Monza (Me in ZR-1 RM, other guy in Ford GT LM Test Car) coming to that left right left section before the back straight, he drafted me, I blocked, I pulled to the right with a plan, the Ford came up the inside, so I figured I'd catch him out, I slammed the brakes on early, so the Ford did, and then he realised he was braking early, so he let off, then outbraked himself, I cut under him and hit the apex, we accelerated and we where side by side, he nearly pushed me off but I held around the outside and obviously took the inside on the left, he then dropped it on the curb and slammed into the wall trying to keep up. Heart rate = Slightly elevated yes, but I wasn't about to keel over with excitement ...

And I think you just illustrated the difference having a quality wheel makes. If I had the battle I described while using a DS3 I would have been mildly amused but not as worked up as I was using the G27. I didn't intend to have that reaction to the race, since there were only 2 of us I expected it to be rather boring. But having to drive like a wild-man to catch up to him after my spin, fighting the wheel in my hands as I tried to avoid the various bumps and kerbs, feathering the brake and throttle oh-so-gently to avoid spinning around a turn.......those are the things that made my body react in such an extreme way. The fact that a simple game and a wheel controller could illicit that kind of physical response from me, that's why I love the game and my wheel. I don't take the game all that seriously; I don't have all golds in my licenses, or in the challenges, I don't feel like I have to win every race or collect every trophy, but I DO go into every race or event with the intention of having a LOT OF FUN, and I generally do as long as I stay out of public lobbies online! lol

I'm sorry that you, personally, don't enjoy the game. But to say the game itself is boring and provides no excitement, well that just doesn't apply to everyone. It can be as much fun as you want it to be! From your description though; you won't do the challenges, you won't race online because you can't use the fastest car you have in every race, and you don't want to better yourself by running time trials and shaving tenths off your best time. I suppose if I refused to play half of the game, I would get bored with it pretty quick too. Just sayin.....
 
Try doing the Kart challange in reverse(drive the kart backwards).
 
Take photos and wait for GT6.
 
Practice - Can't really be bothered with that, see no point in running around the Nurburgring (or any other track) and not getting any credits / XP for it.

There's your problem. Seems like you are more interested in beating the game then actually enjoying it. Time to move on to another game I guess.
 
Try doing the Kart challange in reverse(drive the kart backwards).

God for such an exciting and full joy packed game we are scraping the barrel to find something to do.

Right! I do race online and I do ocassionally have a good race as I described above, but I want to drive the care that I enjoy driving, I want to lap the Nurburgring in sub 6.40 every race, which entails I want to race my Corvette ZR-1 RM and my Pagani Zonda R because they are such fun to drive, I enjoy those cars.

I don't want to do the special challenges as I already have a NASCAR, so no point doing the NASCAR challenge, I have a Citroen Rally Car, no point doing the rallying plus I hate rallying, I have an X1 so no point doing the X1 challenge, I am doing the AMG challenge atm but I am hating that first car! The travelling one is a bit naff, relatively dull tracks and cars on that one, and I do not want to drive a Samba Bus!

I don't like doing time trials as offline I would rather earn XP and Credits so I can gather cars together, and online the racing is different from the time trials anyway so it makes no difference to my online racing as there is differing amounts of grip. Maybe if the game itself was a challenge and recquired me to shave time off of my fastest laps to win I would do it, but it isnt and I'm not required, so there is no point, I am fast enough to win online, so no point in the time trials.

I did enjoy the game running through it, but the lack of events is a killer. I say to you lot I'm bored with the game and the first thing that is suggested is try driving in reverse! Surely other people can see that the game is seriously lacking once you actually progress with it!
 
There's your problem. Seems like you are more interested in beating the game then actually enjoying it. Time to move on to another game I guess.

What I mean is, why run practice laps around the nurburgring when I can do the four hour nurburgring endurance for example and get some form of reward for doing it ...
 
What I mean is, why run practice laps around the nurburgring when I can do the four hour nurburgring endurance for example and get some form of reward for doing it ...

So you can try out all sorts of different cars on all sorts of different tracks, and not have to worry about winning or losing or experience points or imaginary money? Not everything in a video game has to be about getting rewards... you can make it rewarding for yourself by trying a new car on a new track and seeing how quick of a time you can put in, and working to try and beat that time. Just because there is nothing more to unlock, doesn't mean the game is over...at least not for everyone.
 
Maybe you need somebody to sit there and give you a cookie for every lap you complete around the 'Ring? Then you would get a reward!!

I guess that's the major difference between us, I don't need to be rewarded by credits or experience points. I can spend hours driving around the 'Ring and have the time of my life just knowing that I got to experience a fairly close representation of what it's like to drive around what's probably the most famous and difficult track in the world. And do it all from my living room!

But again, if I had to do it using a DS3 (or even a lesser wheel), I would not enjoy it nearly as much and would also get bored with it.
 
Hig there's no more to do other than what you've done or don't want to do.
Move on.

I played nearly every night since release till about 4 nights ago.
There's life after GT.

Shift 2 in march. Not sure how it will turn out but fingers crossed.
Dirt 3.
Test drive unlimited if your into that sort of thing.

Maybe even collect stamps.
 
I'm level 31 (a and b spec), so I can relate to the OP... to a point. I bought this game to enjoy it in every possible way. When I get (as bored as I can get with this game), I enter a regular car in the Dream Car race and mess with the AI. I park in blind areas and watch the AI freak out when they "see" me. Most of them make it by ok, but there's always 1 who nails me pretty good. Even after they finish the race, I will run into them or block their progress against a wall. It seems like they get angry, because they rev up their engines and peel out. I can keep this up for well over a half hour. When you finally finish the race, you still get prize money and XP.

I know a lot of people don't like to practice, but they record your times, so they are interesting in that way.

Seasonal events are great. After finishing the 5 races, I do the time trials and try to get under 5,000th. Yes, I keep it going until I'm under 5,000th. I don't try for any better than that. Sixaxis controller doesn't do well with tire limitations, but does well enough I guess. Never used a wheel, but I'm sure that will open up a whole new game if/when I ever get one.

Other than that, if you are really that bored with the game, do as others have suggested and play something else, go to the movies, sporting events, take a walk, etc. :) Lot's to do in life besides play games... nothing as important, but lot's in any case. LOL
 
Just a suggestion I have been meaning to try this but haven't gotten a chance.

Get a NASCAR (which has no wipers or lights)
Go and drive it around the ring at nighttime and in the rain.
 
Are you playing auto? If yes, switch to manual = new game. Also hotlapping medium/low powered cars, they can be even more exciting than race cars.
 
Last edited:
Just a suggestion I have been meaning to try this but haven't gotten a chance.

Get a NASCAR (which has no wipers or lights)
Go and drive it around the ring at nighttime and in the rain.

LOL, I'm doing this after work tonight!! Brilliant idea!
 
I've moved onto the AMG Academy for now, I have done the first two sections and golded both, so now I am on the third section doing Nurburgring in the wet, golded two sections so far, not looking forwards to Sector 2 though, for some reason I am really slow after that fast left into the slow section in whatever the situation lol :P Never mind in the Merc with Comfort Softs on lol! :P Should be fun lol!
 
Why are you complaining?! You have 60, yes, 60 golds! how? I only have like 5. Seriously. I mean, how do people do that? I know this post is off topic, but i'm just astonished.
 
I have been around the ring in reverse actually lol! Twice lol!

Black Ops would be dull, never liked COD really.

I have a real car and do do work on that so anymore suggestions?

As for the X2010 in reverse idea ... noooo lol :P

You don't like this, you don't like that... this is dull, that is dull... YOU ARE DULL!!! Go watch some porn
 
lol! 60 Golds is easier than it first looks mate (even for DS3 users which I am). It just takes an extra couple of goes to learn the challenge. I managed to do the Super and the National A & B licenses by just repetition but the International Licenses I had to do a mixture of repetition and watching clips on youtube. But I found it relatively easy once I put some time into it. First time round I just got into Bronze place and made sure I finished there.
 
YOU ARE DULL!!!

Ooooh of course! That's right, someone has read a couple of posts made by me, and of course, he has earned the right to pass judgement on me! Silly me for forgetting that un-spoken rule that he, who hasn't a clue about me, and has never met me suddenly becomes fully qualified for such a task. Tell you what, before I go and make another post regarding anything, GT5, a GT5 photo, tuning my suspension from 12.8 to 12.9, or maybe just on how to make an exciting post, I'll be sure to send you a quick message, because then, my 'friend', I will actually want to hear your opinion, well, I wont want to hear your "opinion", but you like the sound of your own voice clearly so it'll keep you happy & amused as it will make you feel important again. Is that ok my over opinionated "un-dull" forum peer?

Anyway, as far as I am aware (correct me if I'm wrong please) I am trying to make the point (that some of you are clearly missing) that GT5 isn't quite as exciting as I was hoping for, you know, quite as fun filled or quite as gripping & challenging as I really was hoping for. You know, maybe comparing it to GT3 or a similar game ... All I'm asking is for a new way to make GT5 more fun, strange thing for a dull person to be asking isn't it?
 
Get the GT5 Trophies on PSN - I like going for those struggling a bit with the GTR official record though
 
In my opinion, since there's always a challenge to better my personal time on any course, or in any challenge, there's really no end of new things to accomplish.
 
My only suggestion would be to get a wheel, which you can also use on F1 2010 etc.

It's a different game with a wheel and you'll hopefully just enjoy the feedback and driving feel a wheel provides.

I read DFGT is back in stock.
 
I tend to do a game change i am working on like dosens of other games like

- Afrika
- CSI
- Aquanauts holiday 3
- Batman arkham asylum
- Eyepet
- Tv Superstar
 
Well you could continue to whine and complain on here instead of playing the game. That's definitely something you haven't done yet.
 
My only suggestion would be to get a wheel, which you can also use on F1 2010 etc.

It's a different game with a wheel and you'll hopefully just enjoy the feedback and driving feel a wheel provides.

I read DFGT is back in stock.


You are spot on! I've just checked at Argos and it is there to be reserved for collection! Thank you for mentioning that, just got to decide whether it is worth £80 or not lol, I know you lot think it is :P
 
I'm pretty much in the same both as the OP (lvl.30/35).

Online is quite fun if you're lucky enough to find a good server with "normal" racers. By normal, I mean people who don't bump into you and force their way around the track, people who don't bring their X1 in a normal race, etc.

But that's OK. Worst case scenario, quit and join or create a new server. My main issue online: there is no way to sort the list of the available servers (e.g. sort by number of racers, ping speed, regulations, etc.). All you get to pick is the track. Zatzit.

Another way to have fun, use your camera. Although lack of playback control in replay is absolutely ridiculous, it is still quite fun. I sometimes take the cars out in practice and try to pull stunts just for the camera. With full playback control, I will be doing this hell of a lot more.
 
Another way to have fun, use your camera. Although lack of playback control in replay is absolutely ridiculous, it is still quite fun. I sometimes take the cars out in practice and try to pull stunts just for the camera. With full playback control, I will be doing this hell of a lot more.

Did that with my Ferrari 599, tried to get pics of it through the smoke created by it drifting, looked quite cool aswell.

Been round the Nurburgring taking pics of the 599 aswell, used photo mode aswell lol! Got some great pics of my ferrari and lambo lol!
 
Did you lapped the Nurburgring on foot in photo mode? That should kill some time and you will be able to admire the effort the developers put in that.
 
I haven't done all of the course, I've done some of it. I would like to go around and look at all the writing that is on the track so I may go look and that and take some pics ;)
 
Back