Can not change avatar.

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 71 comments

Azuremen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Premium
United States
At the moment, I can not change my avatar to anything that isn't one of the default avatars. Attempts to upload or link to avatars I've used in the past just result in "image not found" showing up in my avatar spot. Seems as if something isn't pointing to the right spot after the avatar is supposedly updated.

Though, right now, I've simply disabled my avatar and figured I'd fiddle with it in the morning.

-> I would think its more of an uploading issues here in GTP11. Even if we try to change our avatar nothing seems to work! :indiff:

Yes, I know about the issue; you guys don't have to keep changing (and losing) your avatars to verify it. Hopefully I can get it fixed this afternoon.

Your avatars have been fixed now.

However, please note that future avatar changes could take up to an hour before they are displayed next to your posts. This will only occur through next week due to temporary server infrastructure changes I have enabled to prepare for E3.

Ah ha! LoL I was changingy today and couldn't get it to change. I shall wait it out.

There are still some problems with it from what I'm experiencing. I've been trying to change my picture and it won't work weather uploading or linking.

Having the same problems with my profile picture, I guess this is probably the reason why.

Still not working for me either, also waited more than an hour.

And I probably shouldn't have tried to re-upload it 5 times by now, lol. Sorry about that. :boggled:

I'm not having any troubles at all with an avatar here.

Are you sure? LoL

I had got these really sweet avatars yesterday and was all stoked to upload them. Gutted!! LoL

FAA143BD-98CF-4B0F-812F-3E2BC862211F-5910-000003678B2921C4_zps1abeb775.jpg

55D38BC5-331D-429D-8AE9-173DA04E053B-5910-000003678FB2ED6C_zps0474dc0c.jpg

Profile pics will remain broken until next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding avatars, I've made some more fixes to the hourly thing. It still probably won't work; we'll see.

The second fix seems to have worked, well I can only speak for myself of course. Thanks.

Not going to change my avatar for a while now. :)

I have a problem when I upload my avatar and profile picture it does not show up but says my user-name instead :/ Can this somehow be fixed? Its been like this for a couple of days now :(

It says this in replacement of them:

Zedman1996's

I have a problem when I upload my avatar and profile picture it does not show up but says my user-name instead :/ Can this somehow be fixed? Its been like this for a couple of days now :(

It says this in replacement of them:

Zedman1996's

Looks like a general problem, i'm in the same situation here, but Jordan is working on it. Let's wait just a little longer. 👍

Last edited:
Hope Jordan can get this fixed soon 👍. I can't use my brand new avatar. Hence my User title. Sarcasm is your best weapon :sly:

I did not know about the avatar issue until it was too late. Guess It'll have to stick for now :(

Back