Can Somebody help me drift?

• Thread starter Jasminexo
  • 39 comments
It's cool you found out bout the forums, i bet we can give u a good headstart.
I started in GT5 and i learned everything from looking at how other people do it and just play with some settings myself.
If you ever need help with basics or how it all works, let me know.
I can share my playstation's screen, so I'm able to show things step by step and explain it in the best way possible ^^.

I used to use:
R2-accelerate
L2-brake
X-gear down
Square-gear up
Circle-hand brake
This setup feels so natural and I used to be beast with it in my ds3 days. Any way good luck.

Yeah was told about the forums so thought might as well give it a shot haha :)
Im getting better!
Everythings helped so far

hi,
a few advices if it can help:

if you are really new to GT, you might want to know how to play the game before you start to drift.
i mean you should do all the licenses and driving missions, getting all golds if possible ( a few of them might be hard at first so leave it for another day ) that way you will feel how cars behave and feel the game better.
it will teach you how to be gentle on your steering/accel/brake inputs

then just try to go smooth and fast with RWD car with some comfort tyres and you might be sliding around without even trying. don't forget to put all assistances off and only leave ABS to 1

about your controler: use whatever seems good for you but don't put accel/brake on the right one! you need to be able to use both at the same time in some situations!! ( left foot braking...)

good luck and have fun :)

Walk before you can run ;)

But yeah like everbody said, just start of easy learning car control with a good starter car like a s-chassis or a fairlady.

When you pull of that first drift, it's great. :)

I use braking and acceleration on the triggers cause it gives you more control, x is downshift and square is up.

Get yourself an rx7 or s15 on ch tires and tear up tsukuba, the only way to learn is to practice.

Soon as i get it i get excited and go overboard and lose it :ouch:
Im hoping lots of practice should get me there considering ive only been trying for 2 days!
Hoping ill just have a moment and it'll click naturally:idea:
But atm im not really improving :banghead:

Improvements don't have to come in large doses, it took me a few months to get it down on my own, and even longer to be able to drift behind somebody else comfortably.

Due to the new physics we're all getting used to it again so don't think you're the only one.

Good luck, and don't give up! :D

Improvements don't have to come in large doses, it took me a few months to get it down on my own, and even longer to be able to drift behind somebody else comfortably.

Due to the new physics we're all getting used to it again so don't think you're the only one.

Good luck, and don't give up! :D

Yeah i was spectating you yesterday your good :)
Hoping to get on today to practice but the servers out :/

I used to use:
R2-accelerate
L2-brake
X-gear down
Square-gear up
Circle-hand brake
This setup feels so natural and I used to be beast with it in my ds3 days. Any way good luck.

my main features:

R2-accelerate
L2-brake
R1-gear down
L1-gear up
X-hand brake

i use my ds3 on pc aswell and run that exact setup on most of my games, such as SAMP, LFS and ACR.
Been using it for about 5-6 years now. i suggest trying to set it up for yourself. you should be like "L2 R2 feels good for the acceleration and for gears... i might use L3 and R3 because it's easier for me to keep that up" (just an example):)

Back