Can someone explain this to me???

United States
United States
I'm attempting to do the "La Festa Cavallino" races in the Professional League in GT Sport. For these races you have to use a Ferrari that has no limits except for being limited to Sport Soft tires. I picked my fully upgraded La Ferrari which has 1,036 HP at 9,000 rpm and 573.3 ft-lb of torque at 6,500 rpm and weighing in at 2,379 lbs.

In the races, the car that always seems to be in front (WAY in front) is a Ferrari 512 BB, stock this car only has a staggering 354 HP at 7,000 rpm and 332.7 ft-lb of torque at 4,500 rpm and weighing in at 3,086 lbs. Even with this car fully upgraded it only has 638 HP at 7,000 rpm and 598.8 ft-lb of torque at 4,500 rpm and weighs in at 2,685 lbs.

I'm not car expert but generally speaking I would be under the understanding that having 400 more HP would make you faster than the other car, also considering the torque of the 512 BB is only 25 ft-lbs more than the La Ferrari. I have used both in the same exact race and it is BLATANT that the 512 BB is much much much slower than the La Ferrari. Is there something I'm missing here or is this game just straight up nothing short of a steaming pile of dog ****?

And another thing I find funny is how when ever I do manage to get into first place the car in second somehow get's a random speed boost and passes me as if I'm standing still even though I'm still hauling ass. Sooo is there like, NOS in this game or something somewhere and I just missed it?

Also, I love getting pit maneuvered right at the very end of the race by the guy in second causing me to lose, didn't realize this was a police chase simulator.

All of these are AI by the way, not online.

Some of the races in GT League have ridiculous rubber banding. It should explain the odd speed boosts that the 512BB appears to be getting. Try looking at a replay of the race if a 512 front-runner is in the race, you'll be able to confirm that the game is artificially boosting its performance by looking at its speedo; it'll be glitching out and fluctuating pretty rapidly.

I'm attempting to do the "La Festa Cavallino" races in the Professional League in GT Sport. For these races you have to use a Ferrari that has no limits except for being limited to Sport Soft tires. I picked my fully upgraded La Ferrari which has 1,036 HP at 9,000 rpm and 573.3 ft-lb of torque at 6,500 rpm and weighing in at 2,379 lbs.

In the races, the car that always seems to be in front (WAY in front) is a Ferrari 512 BB, stock this car only has a staggering 354 HP at 7,000 rpm and 332.7 ft-lb of torque at 4,500 rpm and weighing in at 3,086 lbs. Even with this car fully upgraded it only has 638 HP at 7,000 rpm and 598.8 ft-lb of torque at 4,500 rpm and weighs in at 2,685 lbs.

I'm not car expert but generally speaking I would be under the understanding that having 400 more HP would make you faster than the other car, also considering the torque of the 512 BB is only 25 ft-lbs more than the La Ferrari. I have used both in the same exact race and it is BLATANT that the 512 BB is much much much slower than the La Ferrari. Is there something I'm missing here or is this game just straight up nothing short of a steaming pile of dog ****?

And another thing I find funny is how when ever I do manage to get into first place the car in second somehow get's a random speed boost and passes me as if I'm standing still even though I'm still hauling ass. Sooo is there like, NOS in this game or something somewhere and I just missed it?

Also, I love getting pit maneuvered right at the very end of the race by the guy in second causing me to lose, didn't realize this was a police chase simulator.

It'll be rubber-banding... I'd imagine wading in with a car with 1000+ hp means the game has to do something pretty drastic in order to rubber band at all! I would suggest though, that on sports softs, the HP advantage you'll have won't come into play that often - are you using traction control?

I have to say, I find beating the opposition with a lower class of car to be more rewarding anyway, literally. The racing comes across as a lot more genuine and there's the slow car bonus too.

Some of the races in GT League have ridiculous rubber banding. It should explain the odd speed boosts that the 512BB appears to be getting. Try looking at a replay of the race if a 512 front-runner is in the race, you'll be able to confirm that the game is artificially boosting its performance by looking at its speedo; it'll be glitching out and fluctuating pretty rapidly.

I just re-ran the race again and this time it was a 458 and an Enzo, I managed to get past both of them to get to first for the last 2 laps and the entire rest of the race the both of them were blazing on past me, then I'd catch up, and then they'd do it again, I only just BARELY managed to win first by literally half a second because the Enzo that happened to be right in front of me ran off the track a little which slowed him down on the last turn and I was able to pass.

I honestly don't even have to watch the replay to know that's happening, I've been playing GT games for years and this has never been an issue.

I have actually noticed this issue myself and it bothers me quite a bit.

The AI generally speaking when I am behind does badly and I can catch them up without too much issue but then when you get into
1st place *WHAM* suddenly the AI wakes up and breaths down your neck but it's not consistent and I think it also depends which
car you use.

I have no complaints about the challenge of the AI but it has to be consistent and not be that you have it happen every single race.

I'll post some video later to the topic to show some of my experiences.

It'll be rubber-banding... I'd imagine wading in with a car with 1000+ hp means the game has to do something pretty drastic in order to rubber band at all! I would suggest though, that on sports softs, the HP advantage you'll have won't come into play that often - are you using traction control?

I have to say, I find beating the opposition with a lower class of car to be more rewarding anyway, literally. The racing comes across as a lot more genuine and there's the slow car bonus too.

Didn't know about the slow car bonus, but I agree about the rubber banding, I described my last race in a reply to the other guy.

I do agree about the power issue, I have noticed when accelerating that I'm spinning tires at 4th and 5th gear, the tires aren't that grippy, understandable. I'll buy the rest of the Ferraris and give them a go to see what works best.

I agree with using an overpowered car not being genuine, I've just been trying to blaze through the races for credits honestly.

I have actually noticed this issue myself and it bothers me quite a bit.

The AI generally speaking when I am behind does badly and I can catch them up without too much issue but then when you get into
1st place *WHAM* suddenly the AI wakes up and breaths down your neck but it's not consistent and I think it also depends which
car you use.

I have no complaints about the challenge of the AI but it has to be consistent and not be that you have it happen every single race.

I'll post some video later to the topic to show some of my experiences.

This is me exactly. There are races that I was doing when I first got the game where the AI were literally running off the track and hitting the walls and spinning out in front of me at every turn without even touching them, but with this set of races, it's the complete opposite.

And if it isn't the rubber banding effect I'm seeing, it's them ramming me off the track at the last second. And when I say the last second, I mean the last second, it always happens on the very very last turn of the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know about the slow car bonus, but I agree about the rubber banding, I described my last race in a reply to the other guy.

I do agree about the power issue, I have noticed when accelerating that I'm spinning tires at 4th and 5th gear, the tires aren't that grippy, understandable. I'll buy the rest of the Ferraris and give them a go to see what works best.

I agree with using an overpowered car not being genuine, I've just been trying to blaze through the races for credits honestly.

Fair enough.

Using a slower car increases the credit and experience point payouts in increments of 20% (I think), so winning in an N400 against N600 gets you a 40% increase in payout... on top of the clean race bonus if you've achieved it. Since the game will rubber band enough to keep the race close anyway, tuning up the car isn't a big benefit IMHO, if you do need a competitive edge, doing weight reduction doesn't affect the slow car bonus, neither does tyre choice... which is the reason why the Alpine A110 can win the Premium sports lounge races...

Famine did an article on here... https://www.gtplanet.net/easiest-ways-make-money-xp-gt-sport/

Yes that's the experiences I have had as well with the AI though my experinces mostly come from racing custom races with the AI
set on expert difficulty but then when you race the same setting in an arcade race it seems the AI is not as ruthless.

I have no overall complaints with it but it needs work as countless times I race a 15 min custom race at Northern Isle Speedway with
the AI on expert and am running around in last pace yet if I do two 15 min lap races I win?

The game wants you to chase a faster "rabbit" but, since the AI is bad (and some of the AI cars cannot keep up in realistic ways), it has to cheat with the stuff you just described.

Edit: In my case the rabbit was a 458, with definitely more than 570PS.

Last edited:
I just don't have this problem when using a 100% completely stock N-500 Ferrari F-40. Now the lead car will get a boost once I pass the second place car but it's still no match for the F-40. And almost every time I pull up to the lead cars bumper it goes flying off the track because the AI is over driving the car to keep me behind it.

I've tried using every Ferrari on these challenges except for any Gr.X Gr.3 & Gr.4 race car because where is the fun in that. The F-40 is simply the best car to destroy the rest of the field and will get you a nice car handicap bonus.

To be fair, most racing involves catching the guy in the lead if you want to win.
Yes but, in real life, drivers don't start with a 20-25 seconds gap between them and the guys in the top three positions. The problems with such a system were highlighted in this GTP article (in the paragraph titled: "BAD: The Rabbits Return"). Speaking of the Cavallino championship, the 330 P4 in the third race, even while going a bit wide into the sand after the first Monza chicane, could catch up with my upgraded 458 Gr. 4 and was right behind me after the Ascari. I had to protect the inside line before the Parabolica and brake super late because it was suddenly much faster than me. The 458 in the last two races (Dragon Gardens/Brands Hatch) was more difficult to catch than usual, as if It had a greater speed boost when you're closing the gap and even more so when you're leading the race. OP's example (512 vs LaF) is even more extreme and I definitely have to agree with @SlipZtrEm when he says "A good fight for first can be fun, but the dramatic on-off nature of the current rubber-band approach makes it feel more artificial than intelligent".

I haven't done this championship so I might give it a look later. I think I'm up to about 40 wins in GT league and whilst rubber banding is noticeable, I've not noticed competitors coming back that strongly. I'd guess that the rate they can respond is linked to how much faster your car is, so as with the OP, maybe it's less noticeable if you haven't tuned your car as much.

I haven't done this championship so I might give it a look later. I think I'm up to about 40 wins in GT league and whilst rubber banding is noticeable, I've not noticed competitors coming back that strongly. I'd guess that the rate they can respond is linked to how much faster your car is, so as with the OP, maybe it's less noticeable if you haven't tuned your car as much.

In some of the races on the first lap you might be 28 seconds behind the leader. You can make that up and pass the leader on lap 4 or 5 of a 6 lap race but as soon as you pass he hangs right on your rear bumper. Maybe he was just taking bad lines and he learned the fast way around the track following us?????
Those Ferrari races drive me nuts with Sports tires, it more like drifting than road racing. If you spin out you can barely get moving if you dont have TC on. The slightest pressure on the gas and the car just smokes the tires. I have driven a number of cars that were well over 1000HP, none have this much trouble trying to get the car back in motion again without roasting the tires off. PD really has something screwy in their tire model or driving model.

Back