can someone show me how to change the rims?

• Thread starter dario1414
  • 27 comments
From what I scan tell, wheels can only be changed on GR.3 and up cars. I bought 2 TE37’s and a set of RPF1’s and they cannot be placed on road cars

I bought all of the wheels that are available in mileage shop, not all are shown on every car... However you can change on most cars diameter of rims... Some go up to 2" :D

I just hope they will change them soon... Does anyone know when mileage shop restocks?

Just be sure you purchased the wheel and then head to livery editor and select wheel and from there you should see the wheels you purchased. Some cars will say you cannot change the wheels like the VGT cars, but most of them should allow wheel changes. Note the wheel option is near the center of the list of options in the Editor, if you get the message after clicking on it then you know that particular car cannot change it's wheels.

Just be sure you purchased the wheel and then head to livery editor and select wheel and from there you should see the wheels you purchased. Some cars will say you cannot change the wheels like the VGT cars, but most of them should allow wheel changes. Note the wheel option is near the center of the list of options in the Editor, if you get the message after clicking on it then you know that particular car cannot change it's wheels.
i notice that you cant change rims on regular cars

i notice that you cant change rims on regular cars
I have changed rims on a lot of regular cars from my garage. I cannot however change them on the Mercedes VGT, I haven't tried the Mazda LM55 yet but all my other normal and race cars seem to be able to change wheels. Which did you try?

I have changed rims on a lot of regular cars from my garage. I cannot however change them on the Mercedes VGT, I haven't tried the Mazda LM55 yet but all my other normal and race cars seem to be able to change wheels. Which did you try?
i try it on my honda with no luck

They're bugged like a lot of things currently.

I bought RPF1 and TE37's for my Miata. They don't appear at all. Went to the GT3RS, can use the TE37. GTR Pace Car can use both. Totally random between cars i guess...

i try it on my honda with no luck
Honda, I'll give it a try once I get on the game later. It may be a bug affecting them but not certain yet, which Honda is it? I haven't been in that dealership so I have no idea if they have multiple cars or not, the Civic Type R?

Ii changed them on an N400 M4.

Yeah after a full day of playing I was able to do the same. I was under the impression that you could change to any wheel available on all cars when I first got it. So I bought all of the TE37’s and a RPF1, then realized it couldn’t be swapped on my Genesis but could be swapped onto my M4. Idk it seems dumb to me. Why implement wheels into the game if you can’t put the ones you want on the car you want to have them on? Hopefully that gets changed

Yeah after a full day of playing I was able to do the same. I was under the impression that you could change to any wheel available on all cars when I first got it. So I bought all of the TE37’s and a RPF1, then realized it couldn’t be swapped on my Genesis but could be swapped onto my M4. Idk it seems dumb to me. Why implement wheels into the game if you can’t put the ones you want on the car you want to have them on? Hopefully that gets changed

I think that's because in real life not all wheel styles are available on every car make, so they probably added this shortcoming as well. Remember everything thing is licensed in this game.

I think that's because in real life not all wheel styles are available on every car make, so they probably added this shortcoming as well. Remember everything thing is licensed in this game.
That's the most logical conclusion. They probably respect the real wheels specs, which is realistic, but a bit annoying for sure. I'd love for the TE37 Ultra on my 86, but they don't fit in real life, gotta get the TE37SLs for that.

It is more like PDC of the wheels and corresponding car hubs :)

That still doesn’t make much sense to me considering you can literally build wheels to spec from damn near any wheel company, especially VOLK/Rays. 19’s may be big but they’ll fit on an 86, especially with air. And in regards to the game, or real life, don’t M3’s/4’s already come with 19’s from factory? TE37 Ultra’s start at 19”, wouldn’t be hard to make them fit. The fact that I can throw RPF1’s on an M4 and not TE’s is a bit dumb. Even more so that when you throw them on a GR4 car they come in maybe a 18” spec. Not buying into the whole “they don’t fit because of real world specs”.

That still doesn’t make much sense to me considering you can literally build wheels to spec from damn near any wheel company, especially VOLK/Rays. 19’s may be big but they’ll fit on an 86, especially with air. And in regards to the game, or real life, don’t M3’s/4’s already come with 19’s from factory? TE37 Ultra’s start at 19”, wouldn’t be hard to make them fit. The fact that I can throw RPF1’s on an M4 and not TE’s is a bit dumb. Even more so that when you throw them on a GR4 car they come in maybe a 18” spec. Not buying into the whole “they don’t fit because of real world specs”.
As someone who owns an 86, I'd never, ever, put 19s on it. It's asking for problems. Elastic bands for tires, no thanks.

I’m not saying you should, but I’m saying it is possible and has been done. Yes it’s not ideal, but in real life it has been done. So going back to “not all wheel styles are available on every car” is not true at all.

Having the same problem with the stock impreza.
Wheels I bought in mileage exchange work on the GR.B rally car but not on the sti.
Sucks. There is a set of bbs wheels that look like the enkei wheels I have on my Subaru.

Back