CAN U PUT A SPOILER OR WING ON any car in the game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toyotaf1
  • 69 comments
  • 10,609 views
actually playing video games produces improvements in reflexes. now if we werent all fatasses from sitting on the couch all day we could be race car drivers :dopey:
 
tisdalj
Cool. Can you put one on the Ford Model T???

Any Pics???

:eek:

I doubt PD would allow wings to be placed on 'legendary' or 'special' cars, such as the Model T. Used cars and new cars, yes. "Legendary" and "Racing", no. :yuck:
 
Like I said, a majority of the cars would be eiligible for the rear wing treatment. If I had to guess, then maybe more than 75% of the cars can have rear wings attached to them per your expense. As I said, this would really benefit touring cars. Because what's the real "stock" cars? Off-the-lot machinery. If you follow SCCA Pro Racing, you may recall the Showroom Stock series of race machines. If GT4 gave you an option to take a car, primer it up, and make a legit NASCAR-style race car out of it (in other words, tube frame and fiberglass), then it would also benefit bigger and better machinery. Then, I think specialized rear wings would also be pretty nice for more powerful machinery. So if you want to tack one on a car, feel free to.
 
Dimension
did the modifiable wing in the game replace the racing modifacation because they seem to do the same thing and i havent seen any pics of a race modified car

Not strictly true in GT1 & 2 it also removed even more weight than stage 3 weight reduction as well... but the adjustable downforce was the primary reason for doing it.

C.
 
can you choose to remove the stock wing? in gt3 the s15 200sx looked crap with the stock wing...but it would look really nice with no wing at all....
 
attachment.php

1280_3733366638353664.jpg

Spoiler looks absolutely stunning on this car 👍
 
Just to nit-pik, that lloks more like a wing than a spoiler :lol:

Spoilers reduce lift by deflecting air around the rear of the car and wings provide real downforce.

I really like the idea of adding spoilers to the cars as you can tune all the other parts, it makes sense that you should be able to add and adjust the downforce. Are the wings only for the rear of the cars or do they include front splitters also?

Because a really useful tweak is to increase front downforce to aid turn-in and reduce understeer.
 
Haven't seen that busty Avatar in a while!

But back on topic, I'll admit that the Fiat Coupe (I forgot what it's called) kind of looks much different with a spoiler. I think of that car as being a 2-door that looks more like a much smaller supercar, and with front-wheel drive and a less-powerful motor. Some of you have to admit. If it were larger and wider, it would look a lot like a supercar. I'd sure like to experiment with rear wings. I don't like the criticism of "ricing" out cars by tacking on a rear-wing. I look at it like a way to make a street car into a touring car or a low-level grand touring car. And to me, that's a bit of a step in the direction of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. In the TXR series, you could choose what aero parts you wanted to use for the car. You could turn it into your own race car. Since I guess that choosing appropriate front bumper, rear bumper, side skirt, and all that for your car or van or truck would take a lot of work for all the cars in the game, a rear-wing is still a good way to turn your ride into some sort of race car.

I'd expect to perhaps see some good matching wings for cars. For example, I don't think I'd see a "whale tail" on a Honda/Acura NSX, a double-decker rear wing on a Camaro, or an Escudo rear wing on a hatchback. They should be very fun to experiment with. So give it a try.
 
You can't put a spoiler on any car. For fun I tried to put a spoiler on a F150 Lightning and it pops up a message saying you can't do it.

Also, the spoiler does help. I had some traction issues with a 800hp Skyline N1 and adding the wing and increasing the downforce did help the rear end stay planted a little more.
 
Back