CAN U PUT A SPOILER OR WING ON any car in the game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toyotaf1
  • 69 comments
  • 10,609 views
woooooo.....lets put a supra spoiler on a 787b!
 
Doesn't quite work that way. Egghead posted a video of the wing shop. It's about 7 or so different GT-style wings, including 2 or 3 layered mechanical wings, slat wings, and the D1 and JGTC style wings. Pillar type, not arc type.
 
FF cars or FR cars, whats wrong with putting wings on FF cars? JPN tunners put wings on Integras and civics and along with that, they put splitters (and other aerodynamic goodies) on the front to get more down force on the car. Its only bad, as said before, if you don't know what your doing.
 
Spoon actually removed the wing from their ITR that shows up in GT4.
 

Attachments

  • spoon_ITR.jpg
    spoon_ITR.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 176
Looks good, I think. 👍
 
So these means you can't put bigger spoliers on the Australian cars because they come with little spoilers from the factory, so then you can't change downforce in anyway on those cars? ?? oh well just have to be a bit more careful around the corners I guess
 
I don't know if anyone touched up on this, but you're NOT going to put a rear spoiler on EVERY car and here's why. For some of the more classic machines, you're probably not going to have a spoiler on them. Who'd tack on a 21st Century rear wing on a Ford Model T? It's rare to see any sort of spoiler on a truck unless you modify the rear of the truck to have a fully-covered up truck bed (for example, the truck bed with the NASCAR Craftsman Trucks. I'm sorry, that's about the best example I can give other than the Dakar pickup trucks modified for racing). One truck with an interesting take on rear spoilers was a fictional truck in the game "Midnight Club." When you beat the guy who races the pickup trucks in New York and unlock the other two trucks, the last one has a rear spoiler at the back of the roof of the truck. I'm sorry I can't describe it well, but if you've played through the original Midnight Club, you probably know what I'm talking about.

At least I think you can't modify every last car with a rear wing. So I say, no. By the way, limit your CAPS to a minimum. This site kind of frowns upon people who hold down the SHIFT or CAPS LOCK key when typing because it's considered shouting. I only use them for expression. Anyhow, there you have it.
 
it sux.. u need to put a wing on if u wanna be able to modify your downforce... both rear AND FRONT... how gay... i had to remove the decent looking wing from my evo and put a fugly one on...
 
Slip
Spoon actually removed the wing from their ITR that shows up in GT4.

It looks like the Integra from one of the Initial D Project D episodes. I races the FD on the uphill I think.
 
I don't know why diffusers were not included in the game. It's so simple and and no polys would be needed as they are under the car.. well except for the rear maybe.
 
i will only put the spolers on cars that will look good with them on like most japanese cars. skylines, supras.

I saw a video with a caddy cien with a gt wing and that just wrecks the lines of that supercar.

plus i would never put it on hatchbacks gt wings look stupid on them
 
Ok seriously if some one puts a wing on the '54 Vette or the gullwing 300 or the E-type I'm gonna slap the poop out of 'em. Then I'm gonna cry.
 
jbruce100
Ok seriously if some one puts a wing on the '54 Vette or the gullwing 300 or the E-type I'm gonna slap the poop out of 'em. Then I'm gonna cry.
Agreed that is disfiguring for these autos :ouch:
 
That SLR wont know what hit it.
 
how much downforce do these wings give then?

because in all seriousness, if a wing like the one on that CRX on the last page was put on that car (or any car)...the amount of downforce it would add to the car is fairly insignificant. Unless the air going over that wing is going over it properly then its not going to do much.

As I6-4-eva said, diffusers and undercar mods would be a better way of creating downforce as this is where most of it comes from (with the car sucking istlef to the road rather tahn being pushed to the road). Why do you think a Ferrari Enzo has no wing, but an undertray that is designed to get the car to suck itslef to the road.

I jsut hope the performance advantages from these wings arent too big as it would then mar the amazing realism of the game
 
I think mostly cars can put wing (popular). Too bad there's no GT Wing 👎
 
trev_speed_12
As I6-4-eva said, diffusers and undercar mods would be a better way of creating downforce as this is where most of it comes from (with the car sucking istlef to the road rather tahn being pushed to the road). Why do you think a Ferrari Enzo has no wing, but an undertray that is designed to get the car to suck itslef to the road.

Actully I believe that adding one of the the rear wings lets you change front downforce. So obviously it's also simulating the addition of undercar parts.

You just can see them. ;)
 
"OMG! Am I going to be a ricer if I put a wing on my 1000bhp Viper? :nervous:"

:lol::lol::lol:
 
I6-4-eva
I don't know why diffusers were not included in the game. It's so simple and and no polys would be needed as they are under the car.. well except for the rear maybe.

What are diffusors?
 
As far as puting on wings no one is putting a gun to your head so if you don't like them don't put one on, sounds simple enough?

Rice this and rice that, that term is so overused it's boring and to hear one person's deffination over another is laughable.

The bottom line is wings on cars can look both good or bad as the variations are huge, some people like them some don't and ian't that why there is a wide selection of music in games to suit a wide range of people? Each to their own.
 
did the modifiable wing in the game replace the racing modifacation because they seem to do the same thing and i havent seen any pics of a race modified car
 
Cool. Can you put one on the Ford Model T???

Any Pics???

:eek:
 
I think it's pretty funny that some of you may be worried about being labelled a ricer or a rice boy? I mean really, YOUR PLAYING A VIDEO GAME! granted I think it's the best game ever and most realistic but think of what it takes to race a real car ? nerves of steel. and everyone on here can say they have what it takes but the truth is we're all pretending when we race GT4 so stop taking it so seriously and enjoy the parts of the game you like.
 
Back