Can we talk about how improved the in game sounds are in GT7

PD did a good job with sound on most of the cars but as some others have said, some cars sound better than others.

Both the 911 RSR and the Cayman GT4 need their sounds improved. AMG GT3 needs beefed up as well, and both the V12 Vantage GT3 and the DBR9 need to sound less synthetic.

I'm very happy with the car sounds in GT7 and GT Sport so far, MILES better than GT6 or GT5 where some of the cars sounded not even remotely like anything other than computery sounds. It was horrible and i'm so glad those days appear to be over now, as it ruins the immersion immensely. :(

I really like the sounds nearly all the race cars sound amazing and real to life. Quite a few road cars though still have this top end high revving upshift sound/delay that was in GT Sport just before a gear change that just goes on slightly too long making a strange sound that I can't describe. You don't get it at all in other games. Does anyone know what I mean and can you reduce it anyway by adjusting the transmissions?

You mean the clutch riding type sound? I am not a fan of it and it can easily be bypassed by letting off the accelerator fully (for a second or less) just as you change gear, which makes it sound like a normal gear change. Might take a bit of practice to get it right.
Basically the theory behind why it works is because there can't be a 'clutch ride' if there's no acceleration.

Or you can install a race gearbox and turn the gearbox whine sound right down in options.

Kinda annoying workaround, but i haven't complained about it because i highly doubt Polyphony will ever listen.

Last edited:
I really like the sounds nearly all the race cars sound amazing and real to life. Quite a few road cars though still have this top end high revving upshift sound/delay that was in GT Sport just before a gear change that just goes on slightly too long making a strange sound that I can't describe. You don't get it at all in other games. Does anyone know what I mean and can you reduce it anyway by adjusting the transmissions?
It might be a technique for rev matching when upshifting, but I'm no expret on that. I hope someone who knows about this can clarify.

I'm not a fan of how it sounds either, I'd rather have it normal, no throttle when shifting.

I must say on a very positive note the majority of road cars sound fantastic especially with headphones on and the Ferrari F430 being one of my favourite with the gear shifts sounding awesome just like how I remember it when I drove the real car around Silverstone track.

Last edited:
I think that car sound in Asseto Corsa much more realistic. I think it would be better to make some copy of Assettor Corsa sound.
But sound in GT7 much better then Sport. I like GT3 sound. Sound should be more loud. Maybe PD thinks that real sound makes our head feel the pain.:) I watched Porsche GT3 44min video on Nürburgring, and the sound was a bit annoying.

Can we talk about how improved the in game sounds are in GT7​

Sure! The most iconic American cars in the game all sound like Vacuum cleaners for some reason and in all seriousness the sound is a big part of the reason why we all love these things and it was really disappointing how PD still can't get these beasts to sound MEAN.

Since I got the Pulse 3D headphones I've been loving getting to hear all the different cars.

My favourite so far is still the Fiat 500 1.2 with racing parts. Only 85hp, but sounds so peppy.

Sound is an aspect that has been massively impoved on and I am hoping the series continue with this direction.
But if there is one thing I need to complain is the inconsistency that some cars sounds so good and some are downright wrong or innacurate.

I am kinda a perfectionist person perse and it really irks me that some specific cars like the Mercedes AMG CLK-LM while it contains the M119 NA V8 engine it doesnt sound anywhere near to its IRL counterpart.
Same problem goes for R92CP which again having a V8 engine that sounds unique does not sound anywhere close to what in real life does.

If anything it worries me a bit if cars like the Toyota TS020 GT-ONE (that also has a twin turbo V8) gets added later on and it gets the same treatment. I am hoping they realise this and tweak it to sound correct some day.

This is the only complain I have but other than that the cars sounds are pretty great.

If I have to be completely honest and add something else the guys at Playground Games (specifically Horizon 5) are doing an equal impressive job and it seems that Polyphony Digital has really caught up to the level of quality these guys produced for Horizon 5 in the car sound department.
If I may add sometimes some cars sound better in Horizon and othertimes sound worse.

Going back to GT: I am confident with tweaks here and there the game can really live up to some peoples expectations.

I also believe the sounds are really really good. I game with the Audeze Penrose X headset and it's pure heaven to my ears.
I have that set too. It's fantastic and works on PS5, XSX, Switch, PC and BT e.g. phone. The sound quality is nuts. Just wish the mic was a bit better constructed.

I get lost in GT7 with that headset. Do you use a profile for GT7?

The Ford GT LMGTE and both Spec II race cars sounds are incorrect.

For some reason they all share the same audio file, and it just sounds like a road version Ford GT 2017 with an upgraded exhaust system.

Other than that and some other cars, the audio I would say is at its peak.

i noticed and appreciated the new noises for tires. It's cool to hear the sidewalls warping and making odd sounds as they fight for traction

Am I one of the few people that are having issues with sound positioning in the game when using 3D sound with Pulse 3D headset? My own car sounds about right and overall sound quality is great, but when I’m passing an AI vehicle and we are at about similar speeds the sound seems to be already coming from what appears to be behind my car, even though I didn’t fully pass it yet. Seems totally wrong and feels like there is some kind of lag or rather offset in 3D sound positioning. Like it’s trying to compensate for player car driving past quickly or something.

Ruins the experience for me! I’ve played with the 5 settings in the 3D audio setup, but it didn’t help. All other games I play have great sound positioning and that’s why it’s such a standout in GT7.

Wonder if anyone else has any suggestions.
Have you set the audio to 2ch rather than the default 7.1 (I believe)? Needs to be changed to get the most from headphones as it knows to utilise the 3D spacing with only 2 drivers (speaker drivers, not the people drivers lol!)

It's great and so much better when heard through good quality surround sound with reference speakers used. It's like being at the track.
Much better than just using headphones. My daughter was playing with headphones and I gave it a listen and then let her play without them even though I was in the office working at the time and the house rule is to be quiet when Dad's working. I felt so sorry for her using headphones though.

Last edited:
They are better, but that boy of bolts rattling on the passenger side floor is REALLY annoying. They need to fix that, because the rest of the sounds are pretty nice...

Overall it's ok but still engine noises like the 917k are not as good as they could be, I compared to Assetto Corsa and real life that is just amazing, makes GT seem a bit flat still.
When I first drove the Carrera GT I was looking forward to hear it and was pretty dissapointed.

Overall it's ok but still engine noises like the 917k are not as good as they could be, I compared to Assetto Corsa and real life that is just amazing, makes GT seem a bit flat still.
When I first drove the Carrera GT I was looking forward to hear it and was pretty dissapointed.
I got out AC again the other day and it made me laugh at how bad that game is. It used to seem ok before, now it's just comical.

Yeah, AC still sounds great for a game originally released in 2014.
And in FFB, lot of games can still learn from that "oldie"

Sure, GT sounds improved since GT Sport and is a bit better now on GT7 , at least it starts to be enjoyable and credible.

But for me, on consoles, Assetto corsa competizione is on a complete other level in car sounds, incredible in cockpit view. and the dirt rally games are also on a real good level.

My top is

1- Assetto corsa competizione
2- Assetto Corsa
3- dirt rally 2
4-GT7
5-GTS

Some pcars games sounds are also good,but not on every car, wich make it inconsistent for me

Ferrari Enzo and F50 both have that beautiful high pitch roar like in real life. Race replays are my favorite with those two cars

Back