can you add/remove participants in a Conversation?

You can invite more people from clicking the 'invite more' button on the right side of the page.

upload_2015-6-17_10-6-37.png

But there is no way to kick someone from the conversation. The only way for this to happen is the person them self to press the 'Leave conversation' button.

You can invite more people from clicking the 'invite more' button on the right side of the page.

View attachment 391382

But there is no way to kick someone from the conversation. The only way for this to happen is the person them self to press the 'Leave conversation' button.

Hmmm, I'm using the site using my smartphone right now, but I can't seem to see that feature. I'll try using the site from my PC the moment I get to the office.

TB
As far as I'm aware, the Staff can't even remove people from conversations.

Unless we ban them. :P
So someone could be removed from a conversation by banning and immediate unbanning? Would that have other undesirable effects?

Hmmm, I'm using the site using my smartphone right now, but I can't seem to see that feature. I'll try using the site from my PC the moment I get to the office.
As you're not a Premium member, you can have a maximum of 10 people in a conversation. If there's already 10, the link in the screenshot @Ameer67 posted doesn't show up. Also, I'm not positive but I believe you have to be the conversation starter (or allowed by the starter) to add people.

If you were Premium, you could have 100 in a conversation, by the way.
So someone could be removed from a conversation by banning and immediate unbanning? Would that have other undesirable effects?
I'd be very hesitant to use banning as a solution to any issue besides removing a problem user.

He was just joking; that would terminate their entire access to the site, so they wouldn't have access to any conversations. Once un-banned, they'd be able to access all the same conversations they were in before.

TB
Also, I'm not positive but I believe you have to be the conversation starter (or allowed by the starter) to add people.
That's correct, a conversation starter has the option to prevent other participants from inviting other users into the conversation when creating it, if you wanted to keep a discussion private, for example.

TB
Also, I'm not positive but I believe you have to be the conversation starter (or allowed by the starter) to add people.

........hmm, good point.

That's correct, a conversation starter has the option to prevent other participants from inviting other users into the conversation when creating it, if you wanted to keep a discussion private, for example.

Yeah, I just realized that now, thanks to @TB's reply. I was trying to invite another person to a conversation, but then after I read TB's post, I realized that I wasn't the one who started said convo. It makes sense; the person who started the conversation should have control of, or at least, some options with regards to it. I get it now. Thanks :cheers:

He was just joking; that would terminate their entire access to the site, so they wouldn't have access to any conversations. Once un-banned, they'd be able to access all the same conversations they were in before.
I'm aware that @TB was joking, but my inquiry was serious but more in a "would this be possible" sense than "would this be a practical solution" sense. My question was about banning and immediately unbanning the user so the user wouldn't actually terminate all access at all unless the user in question were actually online or attempting to log in at the same time.

Yes, that's correct. It's not an option.

Hmmm, but would such feature be easy to implement in the forum's software? Like, say, if you would implement it right now? I'm a programmer, but I don't focus much on websites so I wouldn't know. :P

It probably wouldn't be too difficult, but it's not something I'm going to do.

I'm not sure that would be a good option to have, anyway. It could cause a lot of confusion and hard feelings. There are no limits on the conversation functionality - you can create as many as you need, so just start a new one if you want to exclude someone.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult, but it's not something I'm going to do.

I'm not sure that would be a good option to have, anyway. It could cause a lot of confusion and hard feelings. There are no limits on the conversation functionality - you can create as many as you need, so just start a new one if you want to exclude someone.

Oh, well that's really helpful; I can create as many as I need. I thought GTP was still under that message limit. Just goes to show you how much of a hiatus I've had :lol:

Back