Can you or can you not wait for GT4 to be released early? ( Important please read.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter pimp racer
  • 57 comments
  • 1,624 views

Can you or can you not wait for GT4 to be released early?

  • Yes I can be pateint and wait for GT4 to be delayed by a month or two

    Votes: 48 80.0%
  • No I can not wait because I think the producers have taken too long in making the game.

    Votes: 12 20.0%

  • Total voters
    60
Messages
4,805
Well this is a poll questioning whether you can or can not wait for GT4 to be released.
I have to say that i can wait because think of the advantages if you wait just a little longer say a month or two.
1. Less flaws in game.
2. Smoother graphics.
3. Smoother frame rates. ( less lags and loading time.)
4. Maybe even improve the game play and the game play system.
So vote now.
 
I can't wait.

If it's delayed, even a day longer, I will never buy the game, and then, I will kill myself.
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I can't wait.

If it's delayed, even a day longer, I will never buy the game, and then, I will kill myself.

Its a shame what GT4 can do to us. :p
 
No i am serious i am as much of an enthusiast (SP?)
as everyone else but i dont want to be playing a game in which there is lag games dont save right frame rate bad think about it.
Would you?
 
WTF? 3 Vote on yes and 1 on no i thought you were against me on this poll?
 
Originally posted by boombexus
I can't wait.

If it's delayed, even a day longer, I will never buy the game, and then, I will kill myself.

Exactly my thoughts.
 
Please explain why this is Important please read material.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Please explain why this is Important please read material.

yeah i didn't get that....What's so important?:odd:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Please explain why this is Important please read material.
Well not really sure but say it was just released right now it might have bugs and wount save right and more horrible things but if you want me too i will remove that part. :D
 
Who would welcome lag and bugs, not me, but I am tired of waiting, so I would really appreciate it if they would stop delaying the game and release it ASAP and utilize the hard drive to apply bug patches when bugs are found....its that simple.
 
Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Who would welcome lag and bugs, not me, but I am tired of waiting, so I would really appreciate it if they would stop delaying the game and release it ASAP and utilize the hard drive to apply bug patches when bugs are found....its that simple.
:banghead: :O I forgot about the Hard drive thing so i guess it can work out now i regret saying i can wait i can wait no no. Man i am so stupid i didnt think of that thanks.
 
Originally posted by pimp racer
:banghead: :O I forgot about the Hard drive thing so i guess it can work out now i regret saying i can wait i can wait no no. Man i am so stupid i didnt think of that thanks.

I will have to decapitate you with my Ninja blade for your stupidity.
Slice!!!
 
Well I'm with you on this one, the longer we wait the less errors etc will be in, even more cars and tracks can be created and the longer we can discuss every new thing we learn about GT4 here on this forum ;)
 
Originally posted by BreakerOhio
I will have to decapitate you with my Ninja blade for your stupidity.
Slice!!!
:lol: :guilty: <--- Supposed to stand for me being dead. :lol:
 
Originally posted by usernamed
yeah i didn't get that....What's so important?:odd:
Out of 7 people who posted on this thread, 3 plan to kill themselves if the game is delayed again :eek:.
What do you call important if not this :confused:

As far as I am concerned, I don't think I'll be finished with GT4:P in November, so some extra delay wouldn't matter. I might be :irked:, :mad: or even kill somebody, but definitely not kill myself. Who would run the ghosts I'm racing against in that case ? :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:
 
Originally posted by basje_1
Well I'm with you on this one, the longer we wait the less errors etc will be in, even more cars and tracks can be created and the longer we can discuss every new thing we learn about GT4 here on this forum ;)
Thanks for agree but then again as i said just let the game go early because if you get that harddrive thing then you can download patches and maybe even cars and tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we can have that 100 tracks that there was supposed to be. :D MAN i cant wait for GT4 now.
 
Patching GT4 will not be an option, making new cars and tracks available will, but not every GT4 player can be expected to have a hard drive, also patching a console game is different to patching a PC game, console games a read from the disk, PC games are stored on memory and only use the disks to stop piracy (attempt to stop piracy).
 
I can wait, so they could add more, and more cars in the game (probbably 2,000). So there is an increasing chance of Ferrari and Porsches in GT4. They can add more tracks too. :)

Perfect release date: Jan. 1, 2005
 
Originally posted by flat-out
Out of 7 people who posted on this thread, 3 plan to kill themselves if the game is delayed again :eek:.
What do you call important if not this :confused:

As far as I am concerned, I don't think I'll be finished with GT4:P in November, so some extra delay wouldn't matter. I might be :irked:, :mad: or even kill somebody, but definitely not kill myself. Who would run the ghosts I'm racing against in that case ? :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:
Thanks for helping me about the important part i thought this thread was going to be closed:( but its not.
Well what i still dont understand is most people here say they cant wait but we have 12 people that say they can and 1 that cant?:confused:
 
I can wait for a better product but, I'd like it before I close work over Christmas so I have some time to get going in the game and get into the online side of things.
 
Originally posted by basje_1
Well I'm with you on this one, the longer we wait the less errors etc will be in, even more cars and tracks can be created and the longer we can discuss every new thing we learn about GT4 here on this forum ;)


Any Errors
Fixable with downloading a patch to the Harddrive.
More cars
Fixable with downloading to Harddrive
More tracks
Downloadable to Harddrive

I'm sure that PD has plans on using the Harddrive for things like new car updates and tracks and It wouldn't be that difficult to be able to process a bug patch from the harddrive. It can just be an Intialization file that sets up the physics, configuration algoritims etc... behaviors for the game if down the line they see unusual behavior in the game, I doubt that since this is the fourth installment. I think the only concern is adding more tracks and cars to the dvd disc and fine tuning things right now. Hopefully all this time they spend is on the online mode, ensure that the lag is acceptable, because its unavoidable, but the stradegy of how to handle it is the most important thing. I hope the wait isn't on the cars and tracks because we have the harddrive for that.
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
I can wait, so they could add more, and more cars in the game (probbably 2,000). So there is an increasing chance of Ferrari and Porsches in GT4. They can add more tracks too. :)

Perfect release date: Jan. 1, 2005
2,000 Man what are you smoking(:lol:) i really highly doubt they can put that many cars because of the spave requried.
 
Not happening on a console. The cars and tracks could but not patches for a game on a console where all the important info is streamed straight from the disk.
 
Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Any Errors
Fixable with downloading a patch to the Harddrive.
More cars
Fixable with downloading to Harddrive
More tracks
Downloadable to Harddrive

I'm sure that PD has plans on using the Harddrive for things like new car updates and tracks and It wouldn't be that difficult to be able to process a bug patch from the harddrive. It can just be an Intialization file that sets up the physics, configuration algoritims etc... behaviors for the game if down the line they see unusual behavior in the game, I doubt that since this is the fourth installment. I think the only concern is adding more tracks and cars to the dvd disc and fine tuning things right now. Hopefully all this time they spend is on the online mode, ensure that the lag is acceptable, because its unavoidable, but the stradegy of how to handle it is the most important thing. I hope the wait isn't on the cars and tracks because we have the harddrive for that.
Yeah what if they put alot of cars but the physics of GT3 THen that would suck.
 
Originally posted by BreakerOhio
Any Errors
Fixable with downloading a patch to the Harddrive.
More cars
Fixable with downloading to Harddrive
More tracks
Downloadable to Harddrive

I'm sure that PD has plans on using the Harddrive for things like new car updates and tracks and It wouldn't be that difficult to be able to process a bug patch from the harddrive. It can just be an Intialization file that sets up the physics, configuration algoritims etc... behaviors for the game if down the line they see unusual behavior in the game, I doubt that since this is the fourth installment. I think the only concern is adding more tracks and cars to the dvd disc and fine tuning things right now. Hopefully all this time they spend is on the online mode, ensure that the lag is acceptable, because its unavoidable, but the stradegy of how to handle it is the most important thing. I hope the wait isn't on the cars and tracks because we have the harddrive for that.

Could be, and probably will be, but the more cars the disk has the faster the game, cause if the game has to load 500 cars from the hard drive it's gonna be hell!!!! so I'll wait and have more tracks and cars on disk!!
 
Originally posted by pimp racer
Well what i still dont understand is most people here say they cant wait but we have 12 people that say they can and 1 that cant?:confused:
13 now.
I suppose some did kill themselves before voting (which proves a lack of respect towards the one who initiated the thread), or perhaps they were crying so much when they read the word 'delay' that they couldn't see the 'Vote' button anymore.
I already had planned to buy GT4 for Christmas 2003. I keep the money ready until it hit the shelves and meanwhile I'm just keeping myself busy writing nonsense on these forums, answering to other idle people doing the same thing...
 
2,000 Man what are you smoking(:lol i really highly doubt they can put that many cars because of the spave requried.

Not happening on a console. The cars and tracks could but not patches for a game on a console where all the important info is streamed straight from the disk.

There will be two DVD reversible disks, the first disc-front is the arcade mode, first disc-back is your home/garage and the Photo mode, the second disc-front is totally dedicated for the Car Dealer (which can be contain w/ 2,000 cars), and last but not the least the second disc-back is the simulation mode.
 
Back