Can you pit for just fuel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brokenarrow19
  • 6 comments
  • 763 views
Messages
4
United States
NY USA
Messages
Brokenarrow19
Am I missing something I can't pit just for fuel I have to get tires too
 
No, thanks to PD you have to change tires. Side note sucks, you cant change one side or fronts or rears only.
 
Tires go faster than fuel though usually , if you have to refuel alot
 
Tires go faster than fuel though usually , if you have to refuel alot
This can be debated all day long. I do say there is a flaw in tire and fuel consumption in 5 and 6.

Real Le Manes, they can go sometimes up to 3 fuel refills before a set of tires.
NASCAR, they can go up to 2 fuel refills before tires.
GT/Touring cars can go a whole race without tires but still might need 1 fuel refill.
F1 has a mandated a Tire compound change, in race, so they have to change tires.

Now, there are many, many situations that could require a full set or pair of tires...

But as you said tires can wear oddly. I have had to change tires and no fuel, and sometimes wishing I didnt have to change tires cause they are fine and all I need is more gas.
 
This was on my GT6 wish list. A keep same option for tires on the pit menu. Missing since GT4.
 
Back