Canadian PT Cruiser Fan Banned From Driving His Car — and Not Just Because It's a PT Cruiser

Music over 120db is nonsense,(probably lower inside a car) he and his girlfriend both have ear damage.(presuming the 155db mark isn't outlandishly exaggerated)
115db is 1/4th the volume.

Jail time is for being that guy that starts a fight when somebody tells him 155db is too loud.(the obvious) Hope he gets it.

Because it reinforces the socially unacceptable act of WAKING BABIES with idiotically loud music! That would seriously chap my ass if my baby had just gotten to sleep after changing it, feeding it, burping it, and rocking it! :D

Not to mention the socially unacceptable act of making others look at your PT Cruiser, nevermind hear it. :lol:

And here is the actual little beauty. It'll make you smile.
He seems to have spent the money mainly on tinfoil and chipboard.

(You might get an advert first)

I have a co worker with a system that loud. Wins competitions with it and can make you throw up when it gets loud enough.

He has it installed in a Chevy Uplander.

Not to mention the socially unacceptable act of making others look at your PT Cruiser, nevermind hear it. :lol:

I drive mine solely so people have to stare at it's bright orange hue of awesomeness. :P

I'm also pretty sure the crappy engine is louder than any stereo.

In my country music competition is very famous, they usually use vans for this, the louder you are the better is. Of course you can't do this anywhere, only on some places. they usually use gas stations.

example: (and there are even bigger ones)
jr-musicon.jpg

Oh well, at least it introduced the backwards hat wearing Canadian white trash stereotype that is usually behind the wheels of Grand Ams, Civics, and Saturn L-Serieses with flames and spoilers to the world of GTP. Disappointed there was no use of “buddy”/“bud” or “takin er out fer a rip” in his interview.

I don't get the hate for the PT cruiser. Kind of biased article. I expected more from GT Planet writers.

Sound competitione? Stupid idea.

I don't get the hate for the PT cruiser. Kind of biased article. I expected more from GT Planet writers.

I actually really like the way the PT Cruiser looks. With enough custom work to the performance and interior (the exterior and the engine in the GT model are its only redeeming qualities), I wouldn't mind having one.

This is probably my most favorite article from GTPlanet so far. :lol:

*Mild rant/story incoming*

I had a 2002 PT Cruiser as my first car (now Kia Optima). It came equipped with an absolutely miserable 2.4 I4 that made 150HP, though I'm pretty sure a few of those horses were sent to the glue factory. Its gas mileage was terrible, it had terrible ride quality, the automatic gearbox could never decide what gear it wanted to be in and would take an eternity to downshift, and the car would actively protest my driving once I exceeded 75 MPH (greatly increased noise & wheel vibration, and yes I rotated & re-balanced my tires in response, still did it.). It also had really bad brakes, to the point where even now, I instinctively leave a minimum 2-car gap between myself and the person in front of me.

It also had a lot of odd mechanical quirks. For example, my radio & cassette players worked flawlessly (thank god for AUX adapters), but the digital display sometimes didn't. What this also meant was that if my digital display wasn't up, than my horn was deactivated as well, and that is kinda mandatory when driving on Florida highways. The only way to get both my display and horn back was to hit (read: punch) the steering wheel at just the right spot to get everything back. It also leaked fluid regularly. It was constantly in-and-out of the shop, and whenever my mechanic fixed one leak, another popped up a few months later. That was also on top of a front suspension failure, a busted radiator and a transmission issue, which prompted us to get rid of the car.

The only redeeming qualities were the hatchback layout, which I actually miss a lot due to the extra space, and, ironically, the stereo system. It was quite bass-heavy, and made my time driving my friends around much more entertaining. I was also able to cross through a heavily flooded street with dead cars all around me with surprisingly little issue, ignoring my pants becoming slightly more brown.

I actually miss that car to some degree, but man was it trash. :lol:

Edit: I just remembered, to add to the mechanical foibles of the vehicle, my driver's side window stopped working at one point, and it was no longer able to get it rolled down. I never got it fixed because A) it happened right after I got a transmission fluid leak fixed, and B), since it was always closed, it was therefore secure, and I didn't have to worry about burglars or rain.

Last edited:
I don't get the hate for the PT cruiser. Kind of biased article. I expected more from GT Planet writers .

Here speaks the man who's never had the wonderful opportunity the drive this fabulous piece of junk .
Slow , underpowered (150hp I think not) , a ride that seems under damped and crashey at the same time , terrible mpg , and a gearbox that they got free in a box of cornflakes .

Deserves jail time. People these days simply don't give a rat's ass about bothering and annoying everyone. Selfish bastards, only think about their own ass. Not only that, if someone says something, instead of realizing that they are doing wrong things (if they don't know already) and apologize, they even complain back or even assault the person. If there is justice, JAIL. Unless the system wants people to start taking care of scum like this by their own hands.

Also, lol'ed about the PT cruiser insults :D

If there is justice, JAIL.
I think a better, and more forthright justice, would be for him to go permanently deaf. The eye-for-an-eye equivalent.

Here speaks the man who's never had the wonderful opportunity the drive this fabulous piece of junk .
Slow , underpowered (150hp I think not) , a ride that seems under damped and crashey at the same time , terrible mpg , and a gearbox that they got free in a box of cornflakes .
No need to express your feelings of discontent to me in a passive-aggressive manner. Your anger here lies solely with the quality of the car.

Last edited:

Sound competitione? Stupid idea.

Knowing the author, they were all tongue in cheek.

There is one sitting in my garage. They aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Except for the mpg part, that's is every bit as bad as they say.

My mom has an '04 Touring turbo PT, it's not a bad car at all.

Reliable, plenty of power, and can haul an impressive amount of stuff. MPG's could be better with only 4 cylinders, but it's not terrible. About what my 6cyl Escape gets.

You're on Vancouver Island ffs, is this really the hobby you want to do? Go surf in Tofino or Ucluelet or something.

My mom has an '04 Touring turbo PT, it's not a bad car at all.

Reliable, plenty of power, and can haul an impressive amount of stuff. MPG's could be better with only 4 cylinders, but it's not terrible. About what my 6cyl Escape gets.

" you are a strange little man , and you have my pity "

Back