Cannot start Playstation 4

Please help, I borrowed my brother's playstation 4 only to try Ride 3 game that I bought to check it. My brother said I could have his PS for a month, so enough time to play Ride 3 and decide if I buy a new xbox one, as I am used to xbox. Yesterday I didn't have the game so played some GTA that my brother had. Today I bought the game Ride 3, looking forward to playing tonight. I started my own brand new account to keep my saves. I put the CD inside and it started to install the game, was supposed to be about 8 minutes. After 6 minutes the console turned off. I restarted the console, went back to the CD installation, started to install, after a few minutes, PS4 turns off again. This was repeated about five times. I thought maybe something wrong with my socket. I tried a different socket, plugged off all possible devices. To no avail. I tried to turn off the TV during installation, but it turned off PS4 too. I thought overheating. Opened the windows, waited for ten minutes or so, tried to start the console, it didn't start at all. Then I tried to start it manually using the button on the console. A safe mode appeared asking me to connect the controller via usb cable. I tried that but it ended telling me that I need some update... ever since nothing new. Cannot get out of the safe mode. Bugger, should have bought my own brand new xbox one... Had no idea it would be such a difficult task to make the new Ride 3 game run on my brother's console, and now he will say I broke it down.

I managed to get to the safemode menu. Chose to initialize PS4. Success! Then tried to leave the console run in the menu. After five minutes or so the console shuts off. Overheating? Strange. It worked normally for an hour or so two days ago.

I tried to start the console on the next day when the console was cold, installed the game first before the console got hot and it worked. No problem ever since, except that my brother will be mad that there is nothing left on his hard drive, no games, no saves, nothing... I hope he can get it back when he logs in.

I tried to start the console on the next day when the console was cold, installed the game first before the console got hot and it worked. No problem ever since, except that my brother will be mad that there is nothing left on his hard drive, no games, no saves, nothing... I hope he can get it back when he logs in.
If he is a member of plus, you can recover the saves. The games will always be there in his library.

Latest Posts

Back