Cant play GT1

When I put my copy of GT inthe PS1 it work but there is Static noise on the Audio line.
Also I cant play GT1 or 2 on my PlayStation 2 at all anymore.
What do you think is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what the audio thing could be on the PS1 so I won't go there.

Do any other games work on your PS2 or is it just Gt games that don't work?

Last edited:
There is some separation of the hardware for reading PS1 (CD) games versus PS2 (DVD) games. So that's why a PS2 can get to the state where it will play PS2 games (well, most, a few are on CD, I think), but not PS1 games.

It used to play all my playstation 1 games, but lately it just stopped playing them.

Are your GT discs scratched? have you tried using a CD lens cleaner disc on your PS1 and PS2?

I have a theory that maybe the cord that connects your PS1 to your TV could have been stepped on or mangled somehow. Have you tried swapping cords to see if the audio improves?

Disks not scratched, and I always use my lens cleaner on both systems.

I dont know about the cords, they are in good shape.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Whatever it is, it sounds expensive :scared: and unfortunately those repair shops charge a lot of money from what I hear.

Last edited:
^Yeah
I heard something about cleaning them with those brillo pad thingamabobz
electrical equipment and brillo pads are not to be used in the same sentence. Unless you're talking about removing rust from connections.

Bad information is bad, MMkay?

I dont know what the problem was but I moved the lens around a couple times to find the "sweet spot" and I greased up the rod that the lens moves on. Finally I a took a Q-Tip and put a little alcohol on it and cleaned the lens.

I dont know what the problem was but I moved the lens around a couple times to find the "sweet spot" and I greased up the rod that the lens moves on. Finally I a took a Q-Tip and put a little alcohol on it and cleaned the lens.

That's cool. Maybe you freed up some dirt or something.

Your lens gets wore out every time you run your PSone. You see, inside the PSone, the disc spins so fast that it moves the lens tray out of place. Also, the laser eye, that you cleaned, picks up dust from the disc spinning. (i don't know how!) So, for your best performance, you may need to open up your PSone, and re-allign the lens tray for best results! It's what I did!:) 👍

Back