Can't wait to race these badboys!

Honda_Brandon

(Banned)
United States
United States
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-next-gen-toyota-change/6503085/

Next-Gen-Camry-e1620242739662.jpg

Next-Gen-Chevrolet-e1620242325199.jpg

Next-Gen-Mustang-e1620242084231.jpg

Better pics of the Camry here:
https://www.autosport.com/nascar-cu...xt-gen-is-biggest-change-in-50-years/6503115/

Basically with Nascar moving its next gen cars into a flat floorpan with a diffuser, 4 wheel independent suspension, 5 spd sequential transmission and a center single lug nut wheel retention system and now racing about 7 road courses a year I do wonder if this might tempt other car brands such as AMG, Astin Martin and BMW to maybe stick their toe into the Nascar series?

The chassis will be all spec chassis and the bodies will be composite panels, not metal like currently used in the xfinity series. Also remember Nascar actually owns IMSA so doing the Balance of Power dance should not be something that would pose a major problem as they do have access to personnel already experienced in that arena.

Even the Nascar bodies currently in use such as the Camaro and Mustang are already active racing in a sports car series. This would surely make Nascar a more interesting series from a world stage following point of view and you know iRacing will stay current with the car offerings.

I think it would make Nascar a much better series, could you imagine pack racing at Talladega with such a varied group of race cars?

Basically with Nascar moving its next gen cars into a flat floorpan with a diffuser, 4 wheel independent suspension, 5 spd sequential transmission and a center single lug nut wheel retention system and now racing about 7 road courses a year I do wonder if this might tempt other car brands such as AMG, Astin Martin and BMW to maybe stick their toe into the Nascar series?
I can't imagine premium sports car brands being interested in racing someone else's car which is essentially the situation in stock car racing. There is little to no R&D benefits for the companies either due to the stock nature.

Happy to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I can't imagine premium sports car brands being interested in racing someone else's car which is essentially the situation in stock car racing. There is little to no R&D benefits for the companies either due to the stock nature.

Happy to be wrong, but I just don't see it.
I agree to an extent but realistically many forms of racing are so far removed from production cars these days that not as much crosses over as would have been the case decades ago in many series.
Basically on many fronts this moves the Nascar Cup series just a small step (powerplant only) from being an IROC spec series basically.

But on many fronts this is not far fetched from what the Nascar series has been for a long while. As far as r&d for the different manufacturers Nascar has been so far removed from "stock" with so many parts being used common regardless of vehicle branding (transmission, rear end for example) for so many decades I doubt their has been much benefit from that end for a long time.

Big thing that the manufacturers receive is their brand being plastered on the different cars and getting the attention.
Again with the new rules packages the big manufacturers actually still receive a benefit of their brand name being on a public stage while not needing to invest the amount of money that would normally be required to develop a complete racing vehicle package making it a cheaper investment for the advertising.

Hence one of the reasons I mentioned questioning if perhaps some of the brands I mentioned which are classic front engine, rear wheel drive platforms may develop an interest in participating on a Nascar stage, Cheap motorsports advertising and participation and possibly inducing more of a world wide interest for the Nascar series on the surface seems like it would benefit all parties.

I never discount anything when it comes to big companies and possibly big money opportunities when said in conjunction with each other.

Last edited:
Back