Cape Ring Jump

Should Polyphony Remove cape ring jump?

• Total voters
The jump should atleast be smaller, the problem is that it's a tad bit too big, especially when running it reverse. Or in the North configuration.

Despite this the Cape Ring jump is lots of fun to me, gives lots of character to the track IMO.

I love the track too. But yes; the jump either needs to disappear, or be much smaller. The air you can catch in this part if you don't slow down would be enough to destroy a car in real life. Not only that, but cars tend to land in a very odd way most of the time, especially if you have a strong downforce setting at the back.

Cape ring jump for lack of a better word is RAD!..... and should stay....nothing unrealistic about my Daihatsu storia x4 getting 25ft in the air over it......

I would love to see a "Smokey and the Bandit" seasonal event!
56.1%20bridge%20jump.JPG

Have to agree with the OP on this one. That jump is just plan stupid and totally out of place. I would like to see it removed. That said I loved the Seattle and El Captain tracks and both of those had jumps in if I remember correctly.

There was a huge jump at Grand Walley Speedway in GT1's arcade mode. But the hill was smoothed in career mode.
That Cape Ring jump doesn't really add any value to the track and is only pain in the a** especially when driving race cars there. So please PD, flatten it down.

Complaining to remove the jump in Cape Ring is like asking for the Corkscrew from Laguna Seca to be removed. It just takes the challenge away. It's those kind of sections in a racing circuit that separates racers who have practiced safer race driving and novices who still need to learn the track. There are sections like this in other tracks too, including Original Circuits. Brands Hatch's first corner is this. Mount Panorama's chicane is this. Even old original tracks like El Capitan have this.

If I may guess, everyone is complaining about the jump when going in a clockwise direction, which after the jump it immediately cuts into a tight corner. If taken from a counter-clockwise direction, the jump leads to a medium-sized straight before the full circle, which I think everyone is forgetting when discussing.

I love taking the jump full speed going clockwise, because I can brake in to the corner and come out real fast. My only complaint with Cape Ring is to smoothen the full circle corner, around halfway in there is a kink-jerk surface that increases oversteer grip, so it isn't a real full circle. And the full circuit variation must go, it's the only variant that spoils the fun.

Nah, keep the jump, it's kind of fun. It's not realistic but oh well, it's hard to care too terribly much about realism when you're competing against AI that drives like they've only got their learners permits.

I'm not a huge fan of how over the top the jump at Cape Ring is. The whole track seems very arcadeish. It's kind of like they took an F-Zero track and added the multiple apex turn from the Turkey F1 course in the middle.

I think the new Matterhorn track is much better than Cape Ring. Jumps do exist on rally stages, but the one at Cape Ring just seems crazy unrealistic.

Why don't you just slow down? That seems like the appropriate action if you don't like going airborne.

Personally, I love it. I try to pick up as much speed as I can and even hit the NOS sometimes for kicks and giggles.

I cannot believe the amount of things people on this board will whine about... Jumps have been in GT since the beginning. Hell, the promo screenshot for GT1 was always a white supra getting a ton of air.

Auto+Racing_wallpapers_82.jpg

GRMY_D2_JUMP.jpg

So much fun. Although I think the Cape Ring jump is a bit too exagerated and it should atleast be a bit smaller.

FWIW, I went to the recent GRC event in Atlanta where ^ Ken Block was competing. GRC always has a jump, and it's for the spectators. Block would specifically slow before the jump to get a better line on the next corner. He was one of the fastest at the event and this was a big reason. He and Foust were the only ones notably slowing for the jump, while people like Lasek would hit it flat and clear another 15' ... which looks impressive, but killed entry to the upcoming right hander.

So, even pros in rally cars slow for jumps where it makes sense.

Also, jumps do exist on real courses, although not to the degree of either track mentioned here. Watch the Isle of Man TT and you'll see bikes in the air a lot. Nordschliefe was already mentioned as well.

That said, I could take it or leave it.

Just watch a video of Colin McCrae and Rally Australia a decade or so ago. Those jumps he did we're ridiculous....and that was real! Lol

Latest Posts

Back