Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
United States
Indianapolis
BrandonW77
cappcupbannerlo.jpg

CAPPUCCINO CUP SEASON 2 FINAL PODIUM!

cappcuppodiumlo.jpg

1ST PLACE TROPHY LINK

2ND PLACE TROPHY LINK

3RD PLACE TROPHY LINK

CAPPUCCINO CUP ROUND 3 HIGHLIGHTS

– CAPPUCCINO CUP RACING SERIES –

Welcome to the Cappuccino Cup Racing Series, the fastest caffeine buzz in online racing!
This series features the Race Modified Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95, maxed out to 137hp and 590kg, running on Bridgestone Potenza Sports Soft tires.
The Cappuccino Cup Championship will take place over 6 weeks with each race being run 3 nights a week.
Drivers are free to compete in 1, 2 or 3 races per week and their best finish for the week will go towards the points championship.

​

deepforestraceway5lo.jpg
nrburgringgpd3alo.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- CAPPUCCINO CUP RACING SERIES RESOURCES -

• CAPPUCCINO CUP SOCIAL GROUP •

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* SEASON 2 BEGINS TUESDAY, JULY 12 *
(all times in Eastern Daylight Time, GMT-4)

Races will be held 3 nights per week. Drivers are free to compete on one, two or all three nights and their best finish for the week will go towards their points standings.
The days/times we will be running are:​

Tuesday: Room opens for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying.
8:15pm: Qualifying starts, race starts immediately after qualifying.​

Friday: Room opens for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying.
10:00pm: Qualifying starts, race starts immediately after qualifying.​

Saturday: Room opens for practice 30-60 minutes before Qualifying.
3:00pm: Qualifying starts, race starts immediately after qualifying. (*NEW TIME*)​

- CAPPUCCINO CUP QUALIFYING -

Qualifying will be held immediately before the race. The track will be reset to clear all lap times before qualifying begins. In races with 9 drivers or less we will qualify as 1 group for 15 minutes, in races with more than 9 drivers we will qualify in 2 groups @ 8 minutes each. The Host will notify drivers when to go to the pits and they must stay there until they are released. The track will go green when the room timer is at an even number so drivers can easily tell how much time is left in their session, the Host will announce via text chat when the track is green. All drivers must use the warm-up lap to spread out and leave room between themselves and other drivers so everyone has a chance at a clean lap. If you botch a lap and a faster car on a flying lap is approaching you, please yield to the faster car. When time expires drivers may finish their flying lap and then will return to the pits where they will stay until they are released to the lounge by the Host.​

After doing the Race Modification procedure you will purchase and install all remaining performance parts (the RM process does not include all the available performance parts).
Your car, with all parts installed, will have 133hp before break-in and will max out at 137hp after break-in. The weight will be 590kg. Chassis Reinforcment is optional.
*NOTE: The RM process DOES purchase but DOES NOT install the racing exhaust. You must go to your tuning screen and make sure there is a check-mark beside your full racing exhaust.

cappcuptuninglo.jpg

- CAPPUCCINO CUP SEASON 2 TRACKS -

*ROUND 1: CAPE RING SOUTH - 24 LAPS*

7/12 @ 8:15pm EDT - 7/15 @ 10:00pm EDT - 7/16 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

*ROUND 2: MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA - 20 LAPS*

7/19@ 8:15pm EDT - 7/22 @ 10:00pm EDT - 7/23 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

*ROUND 3: GRAND VALLEY EAST - 25 LAPS*

7/26 @ 8:15pm EDT - 7/29 @ 10:00pm EDT - 7/30 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

----*ALL-STAR BREAK: MONZA (no chicane) - 2 RACES 9 LAPS EACH*----
We will do 2 races each night, 9 laps each. The second race will start with the reverse order of the first race results. We will do 1 group to qualify for the first race, 15 minutes. All restrictions will be the same except we will be using Race Hard tires. Each race will pay full points but they will not go towards the Championship. They will be added together to decide the Champion for the night, who will receive a prize car of their choice worth up to $999,999 Cr's. Ground rules for Monza: All green pavement is considered track and can be used so cutting the chicane is ok, but cutting through grass or sand is against the rules.

8/2 @ 8:15pm EDT - 8/5 @ 10:00pm EDT - 8/6 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

*ROUND 4: CLUBMAN SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 5 - 28 LAPS*

8/9 @ 8:15pm EDT - 8/12 @ 10:00pm EDT - 8/13 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

*ROUND 5: CUSTOM OVAL TRACK - 35 LAPS*

imagejilv.jpg

8/16 @ 8:15pm EDT - 8/19 @ 10:00pm EDT - 8/20 @ 3:00pm EDT

*ROUND 6: AUTUMN RING MINI - LAPS-35*

8/23 @ 8:15pm EDT - 8/26 @ 10:00pm EDT - 8/27 @ 3:00pm EDT

picture.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- CAPPUCCINO CUP REGISTRATION -

When registering for the Cappuccino Cup please use the following format and I will update the list accordingly.

Car # /GTP Username (PSN name): Body colour / Wheel colour

Here is what mine would be, for example:​

#77 StigsHero (BrandonW77): Imola Orange Pearl/Black w/ Red

Use the following format to let me know when you will be participating:​

Name:
Tuesday: yes/no/sometimes
Friday: yes/no/sometimes
Saturday: yes/no/sometimes
Primary Points Night:

Each driver must declare 1 night as their "Primary Points Night" which will be the night they are most likely to compete for the points championship. If the room is full, preventing you from getting in and this night is your declared "primary race", send me and/or the stewards a PM on GTP/PSN and we will ask a non-primary driver to make room for you.

- CAPPUCCINO CUP ENTRANTS -
(Hosts/Stewards highlighted in red)

#77 StigsHero (BrandonW77): Imola Orange Pearl/Black w/ Red ^DIRECTOR^
#43 LancerEvo7 (GTP_LancerEvo7): Antares Red / White *Tuesday* ^STEWARD^
#27 OwensRacing (OwensRacing): Green / Gold *Tuesday* ^STEWARD^
#93: MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242): Titanium Silver Metallic / Slate Blue *Saturday* ^STEWARD^
#32 reiwon32 (reiwon32): Dark Turquoise Green Metallic / White *Saturday*
#99 WiiFreak (WiiFreak): Lavender / White *Friday*
#88 tokyobird (tokyobird): Brilliant Sky Metallic / White *Friday*
#39 watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n): Serengeti Sand / Chaste White *Sometimes*
#42 RDAardvark (RDAardvark): Banana Yellow/Yellow *Saturday*
#85 moeom (CrookdMoe): Jet Blue / Silver Metallic *Varies*
#94 VRracingfan (CALM_DAN): Mustard Yellow / Black *Saturday*
#7 Mudd (Mudd): Black on Black!!! *Friday*
#27 BlackIce90 (BlackIce49): TBD / TBD
#8 st1sj (Snoopykuan): matte pink / matte green *Friday*
#47 dmanaenk (dsgerbc): Cobalt Blue Metallic/Sunshine Yellow
#21 BrosifDuder (BrosifDuder): Capri Blau / Passionate Pink *Tuesday*
#51 Waznz (waznz): Bleu iliade/Bleu iliade *Saturday*
polizei (booch16): Rubinrot/green *Tuesday*
#1 Mudk1pM4n (Chrisrules895): Orange/ Hemi Orange *Tuesday*
#89 Silvia_Tuned (gettomahchoppa): Mazoria Seyfert / Black *Tuesday*
#13 Jato4x4 (GTP_Jato4x4: Glutorange / Verde Countach *Friday*
#11 CobraCommandrew (CobraCommandrew): Blu/White *Friday*
ADR_TOXIC (ADR_TOXIC): #73 gold chrome/black *Friday*
#40 Fluff408 (Fluff408): Plazma Blue Silica / Sunburst yellow *Tuesday*
#13 torzilla (torzilla): Opalescent Gunmetal/ Rouge Lucifer *Tuesday*
#15 gatorchad (gatorchad): TBD (blue) / TBD (black) *Tuesday*
Yokumaru (GTP_Chia): Green / Black *Saturday*
#37 BTK (BowTieKid): Black/Black *Friday*
#25 Johnnypenso (Yuritardid): Lime Green Metallic/Chrome Wheels *Tuesday*
Tempo0010 (tempounplugged): TBD/TBD
#33 Sohnvonstig (GTP_sohnvonstig) aka "PonyStig" - Silver Chrome/Alfa Rosso
#24 linuvwen (linuvwen): chrome silver/silver
#5 Menown (Freakyweakywoo): Obsidian Black Peral w/ Torch Red wheels *Friday*
#5 zer05ive (zer05ive): White / Red *Saturday*
#77 paulmac2k9 (paulmac2k9): Persian Blue/Phoenixgelb Metallic *Saturday*
#98 ENFORCER 98 (ENFORCER_98): Passionate Pink/Metallic Silver *Saturday*

Brandon

Last edited:
Cappuccino Cup Race Results:

Round 1: Cape Ring South

screenshot20110718at900.png

screenshot20110718at905.png

screenshot20110718at709.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

screenshot20110722at155.png

screenshot20110727at312.png

screenshot20110727at312.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3: Grand Valley East

screenshot20110727at327.png

screenshot20110823at102.png

Round 4: Clubman Special Stage Route 5

screenshot20110815at754.png

screenshot20110815at814.png

screenshot20110815at755.png

Round 5: Custom Oval

screenshot20110822at311.png

screenshot20110822at311.png

Round 6: Autumn Ring Mini

screenshot20110825at715.png

imageybzh.jpg

imageqgr.jpg

Last edited:
Cappuccino Cup Final Points Standings: CHAMPION - Wardez!

screenshot20110829at703.png

Last edited:
Name: reiwon32 (reiwon32): Dark Turquoise Green Metallic / White
Tuesday: No
Friday: Sometimes
Saturday: Yes
Primary Points Night: Saturday

Name: #43 LancerEvo7 (GTP_LancerEvo7): Antares Red / White
Tuesday: yes
Friday: yes
Saturday: sometimes
Primary Points Night: Tuesday

Name: #99 /WiiFreak (WiiFreak): Lavender / White
Friday: Yes
Saturday: Sometimes
Primary Points Night: Friday

Name: #88 tokyobird (tokyobird): Brilliant Sky Metallic / White
Tuesday: Sometimes

Can I have just a sometimes for Friday & Saturday?
Just that with the time period of this series, not sure how much I can make, but I'd like to give it another go - particularly since there's a custom track - really hope to make that one. (Love custom tracks!)
(With it in mind that I would not be primary, and would happily step aside for someone who is, whenever that might happen.)

#39 watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n): Serengeti Sand / Chaste White

Oh yes. Cannot wait although I will miss the first two weeks due to holiday. Still, that gives me almost a month to become mediocre around GVE :)

#42 RDAardvark (RDAardvark): Banana Yellow/Yellow
Tuesday: no
Friday: no
Saturday: yes
Primary Points Night: Saturday

Car #99 /moeom (CrookdMoe): Jet Blue / Silver Mettalic

Name: Mohamed
Tuesday: Sometimes
Friday: Sometimes
Primary Points Night: Here's the problem, it all depends on my working schedule as it changes every week. So is it possible to confirm you the exact one to be my Primary a week in advance every week? Seeing how every week i will be joining in different days.

#94 VRracingfan (CALM_DAN) Mustard Yellow and Black
Will race on saturdays but will have to miss two races early august as i'm on holiday.
Done a bit of testing so I should be able to race.
Tuesday: no
Friday: no
Saturday: yes
Primary points night: Saturday

What's a good lap time at Cape Ring South?

Last edited:
Great to see everyone signing up! I plan on hosting some practice races this week at the normal times so any new drivers can get a feel for their Capp's and our format. Check the OP for time's.

@watermelonpunch, feel free to attend whenever you can. It's always great to have a lady on the track with us! :)

@moeom, we can work around your schedule. If you could let me know each week what race you'll most likely be attending then I can be sure to have a spot available for you. The point of having everyone declare their primary points night is so I can have a quick reference of who needs to be in the room. There were a couple times last season where we had a full capacity room and I don't want somebody to be locked out if that's the only night they can make it. With the new points structure, as long as you can make it at least one night a week then you won't take a hit in the points because your best finish for the week is the only one that's recorded. 👍

I look forward to seeing you all on track! I'll have my lounge open tonight around 7pm EDT for anybody that wants to do some practice races and/or get their Capp's broken-in.

Brandon

@moeom, we can work around your schedule. If you could let me know each week what race you'll most likely be attending then I can be sure to have a spot available for you. The point of having everyone declare their primary points night is so I can have a quick reference of who needs to be in the room. There were a couple times last season where we had a full capacity room and I don't want somebody to be locked out if that's the only night they can make it. With the new points structure, as long as you can make it at least one night a week then you won't take a hit in the points because your best finish for the week is the only one that's recorded. 👍

Great. I'll surely get you updated as soon as i can.

On another note, when i update my Cappucino, the max it goes is 120BHP. I have the right weight, but the Horsepower is 12hp less than it suppose to be. I can't seem to know what i did wrong. Though if someone could tell me the average lap time of Cape Ring - South, i will know if im in the running even though im taking a 12hp hit.

moeom
Great. I'll surely get you updated as soon as i can.

On another note, when i update my Cappucino, the max it goes is 120BHP. I have the right weight, but the Horsepower is 12hp less than it suppose to be. I can't seem to know what i did wrong. Though if someone could tell me the average lap time of Cape Ring - South, i will know if im in the running even though im taking a 12hp hit.

Your Capp probably just needs to be broken in. Enter it in a few races and the HP will increase, practice sessions an free runs will not break it in.

Mudd #7 Black on Black!!!
Tues sometimes
Fri yes
Sat sometimes
Taking Friday for primary

Make sure you've added all the parts. When you do the Race Modification it doesn't add all of the performance parts so you'll still have to go buy a few. Here are the parts you should need after the RM process is done:
- Stage 3 Engine Tuning
- ECU Tuning
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Racing Air Filter
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Catalytic Converter Sports
- High RPM Turbo Kit
- Adjustable LSD
- Sports Soft Tires

After you install these you should be a bit over 130hp. You'll then need to run it in a few races (aspec, bspec or online) to "break in" the engine. It should top out at 137hp and it seems like every 4-5 races it will drop to 134hp and require an oil change, so keep your eye on it.

Let me know if everything looks right after you get all the extra parts installed.

EDIT: In my early testing I was averaging around 1:28/lap at Cape Ring South so that should give you something to shoot for. I expect the top tier drivers could be around 1:25.xx-1:26.xx/lap with some practice and tuning.

B

Last edited:
#27 /BlackIce90 (BlackIce49): TBD / TBD

I missed out on the last series, can't wait to try these cars. Just reserving my number. Once I get home, I'll pick my colour scheme and tell you.

#27 /BlackIce90 (BlackIce49): TBD / TBD

I missed out on the last series, can't wait to try these cars. Just reserving my number. Once I get home, I'll pick my colour scheme and tell you.

You've been added to the registry, as well as everyone else. I'm browsing your photo albums, some really great shots! Might have to make you the official series photographer. ;)

B

Name: st1sj (Snoopykuan) / matte pink/matte green / #8

Well there seems to be some kind of problem. I have bought another Cappu and did the same thing to tune it for the Series. It still gives me 120hp. :(

^Go to where you tune your car and see if the Racing Exhaust is installed. The race mod "buys" it but doesn't install it after the latest patch.

Thanks, Brandon. Great job on the whole thing last time. Nice intro video. Saw a few flashes of pink there...

Looks like I will miss the first race week, so have fun.

^Go to where you tune your car and see if the Racing Exhaust is installed. The race mod "buys" it but doesn't install it after the latest patch.

This might be it. I knew this applied to some cars but it appears it might be for all of them. In your settings screen make sure the Full Racing Exhaust is "checked" (installed), your Cappy should have the highest performance parts available installed in every category. Keep us posted.

I've added tonight's practice event to the GTP Events Calendar and I will add the rest of the events later today. 👍

B

Thanks, Brandon. Great job on the whole thing last time. Nice intro video. Saw a few flashes of pink there...

Looks like I will miss the first race week, so have fun.

Glad to see you're sticking with the pink for this season, I always knew who was around me when I saw the Pink Monster!

Might be it, ill check it out when im done with the Endurance Race. Taking a cig break. Only 40 laps to go...

I am here!!!! Season two, first rounds on me. ;)

Look forward to racing Cappies again with you guys. So much fun season one. Gonna try and dedicate more time this season.

I am here!!!! Season two, first rounds on me. ;)

Look forward to racing Cappies again with you guys. So much fun season one. Gonna try and dedicate more time this season.

Do you have 1 night that would be your primary points night (meaning you get dibs on the room if it's full) or will you float between them depending on your schedule. I'm trying to have everyone declare a "primary points night" so if we get a full room I know who needs to be in for that night and who I can ask make room. If you need to float between them due to scheduling, that's fine too. Just trying to get it all sorted before the season starts so I'm prepared. ;)

B

Tuesday will be my primary night.

However I plan to make every Friday too. Saturdays when no plans interfere.

LancerEvo7

This is awesome. I redid two Vettes in RM with stock exhausts. Sounds so much better. The two places I run them is restricted and I have no issues with power.

Back