Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
Tried a new set up for the last race figuring that I couldnt get any worse at this track. Turns out I was wrong because everyone lapped me atleast once. I hate this track

Congratulations to yuritardid on winning the final race of the season. This was a very exciting race for me having almost 30 laps of bumper-to-bumper action with CALM-DAN. The cleanest and most intense racing I've probably ever seen so 👍 DAN.

imageymwa.jpg

And congratulations to Wardez on officially winning the second season Championship with 106 points! You get a car of your choice up to $999,999 Cr's.

Wiifreak brings home second place with 103 points and gets the car of his choice up to $500,000 Cr's.

Dsgerbc rounds out the podium with 93 points and gets the car of his choice up to $250,000 Cr's.

Send me your choices and I'll get them sent to you. A special thanks to everyone who raced in the Capp Cup this season, I had a fantastic time and hope you all did too. There will be about a 3-4 week break before the next season starts up but I will still host Capp Lounges on the normal nights/times so we can try out some different things for the next season. I will have a pre-season discussion thread up around the first of the week but we can continue with this one for the next few days.

imagexdx.jpg

And it looks like a welcome back to Brosif is in order!

Congratulations to Wardez on a well deserved victory. Want to thank everyone I had the pleasure of racing side by side with, this is a very clean series, with a lot of respect among drivers and I hope it stays that way for season 3. I'll be around for some of the in between nights and back for season 3 for sure!!

Thanks Brandon for all the work hosting and behind the scenes. I know it's a thankless job most of the time and a lot of work but without you we'd have no Capp Cup so thanks once again for all the hard work and dedication.

Congrats to Wardez on his deserved championship victory. Figures it would come down to bonus points, but at least I can say that I won a race each round and somehow managed to finish second :dopey: Thanks to Brandon for running a fantastic series, and I'm really looking forward to season 3!

Thanks guys! I'm thrilled about it. Can't wait for next season, you're all great fun to race with.

*sprays champagny*

Congrats Wardez!!!!

Wished I could of made the last race. Had to get going on this play set for the kids. Just not right leaving my old man outside working and me inside racing. Hahaha

Well done to Wardez on winning the series! Forgot to save the replay which i'm annoyed about :(

Not sure if I got to race against Warez, but congrats to you. It's tough racing but really good fun and especially good for a learner like me. There have been a lot of racers involved this season, which is also fantastic to see.

I saved my replay and you can download it here.

p.s. Brandon: The points tally for the top three are not correct but I don't think it affects the result.

I fixed the error in Johnny/yuri's points but I don't see any errors in the top 3. If you could be more specific about what is incorrect I will fix it.

So, we're officially in the off-season now and I think this season went off very successfully. Again, I want to thank everyone that participated with us this season and a special thanks to those who made an effort to show up every week. I figured we would have a hard time getting participants during the middle of the summer but for the most part we had a decent grid at every race.

I should have a pre-season discussion thread up sometime tomorrow so we can toss around some ideas on what to do for the next season of the Capp Cup. We can use the next few weeks to try out different tracks and formats to help me gather info for the next season. The biggest change is going to be the tires, we're going to be switching to Race Hard compound. The reason, we've had a lot of people show up for just 1 or 2 races and then they send me a message saying the car is harder to get a handle on then they expected and thus are withdrawing. I think a good portion of this was due to the Sports Soft tires, it made tuning much more critical and left little room for error in heated situations. I understand that this switch will not necessarily bring the back of the pack closer to the front-runners, but I think it will lessen the gap between the back half of the field and help to reduce incidents. Drivers will have a little more control with the extra grip and thus will be better able to make small corrections required when driving in a pack.

So during this off-season we're going to try some races on the Race Hard compound tires to see if my thoughts are on the right track. I just feel like there's a little more frustration in this series than their should be and I want to make it more fun for everyone involved, from the front of the pack to the back-markers. I'm thinking this week we should try some races at Eiger Short Track. This is a circuit I've wanted to run but during testing the Capp proved to be quite squirrely in the Esses so I feared chaos would ensue and tempers would flare. I'm hoping the Race tires will help with this, so I'll have a lounge open tomorrow night at our normal time and we'll try a couple races at Eiger to see how things work out.

Hope to see some of you there!

I fixed the error in Johnny/yuri's points but I don't see any errors in the top 3. If you could be more specific about what is incorrect I will fix it.

Sorry Brandon - My mistake. Figures are correct. Seems I can't add up!

RDAardvark
Sorry Brandon - My mistake. Figures are correct. Seems I can't add up!

No worries. The Google doc stopped adding after round 4 so there was the possibility for mistakes as I proved with Yuri's points. In that case I hit the 3 instead of the 6 on the calculator. I'll try to get the Google doc fixed up before next season.

Stay tuned, trophies for the Podium finishers coming shortly. ;)

1 point!!!!...LOL Brandon you have to win the Mr. Consistency Award for sure...same points every race...lol.

Here's a little something for the podium finishers this season. Links to the individual trophies will be posted in the OP in case you'd like to download them. 👍

cappcuppodiumlo.jpg

1stplacetrophy.jpg

2ndplacetrophy.jpg

3rdplacetrophy.jpg

#88 / Whincup_88 / Pink
Will race on Tuesdays.
Tuesday: Yes
Friday: No.:(
Saturday: No
Primary points night: Tuesday

I would love to join this for next season.:)

#88 / Whincup_88 / Pink
Will race on Tuesdays.
Tuesday: Yes
Friday: No.:(
Saturday: No
Primary points night: Tuesday

I would love to join this for next season.:)

We'd be happy to have you! There will be a pre-season discussion thread starting tomorrow and we should have sign-ups open in a week or two for Season 3. Stay tuned!

Cheers mate,will be in here for at least two months as it's the holidays.:D
Oh and thanks for putting the times up clearly,a lot of series fail to do that and looking for it becomes rather tedious.

Here's a little something for the podium finishers this season. Links to the individual trophies will be posted in the OP in case you'd like to download them. 👍
Oooooo, nice trophies :drool: I'm definitely going to have to download a copy of mine!

OwensRacing
Brandon. Please link new thread in this one. Thanks!

I will when I create it. Gonna get some good pics from Season 2 first so it can have a little flavor and excite the taste buds of potential new participants. :)

Judging by your previous list of applicants you probably don't need too much persuasion.;)

We had 30 different participants this season but some of them only raced once or twice. We have a solid core of about 15-20 drivers that show up regularly though and usually have a grid of around 9-10 drivers on average per race. I'm hoping the switch to Race Hard tires for next season brings back some of the one-timers (without running off any of the regulars). 👍

Next season is gonna be incredible!!!! Hard Racing will really add to the racing.

Next season is gonna be incredible!!!! Hard Racing will really add to the racing.

I hope so. There are always some people against the Race Rubber, but we're not going with the Race Softs. The Hard's are only marginally more grippy than the Sport Softs so we won't have "unrealistic" grip, just better racing. 👍

Oh, totally forgot. Got to thank a couple of peeps.
1) Brandon, awesome series, thanks!
2) Brosif, thanks for not showing up during last week.
3) Everyone who raced, thanks a lot! Clean and fast.

See you guys next season, I'll be there for sure.

dmanaenk
Oh, totally forgot. Got to thank a couple of peeps.
1) Brandon, awesome series, thanks!
2) Brosif, thanks for not showing up during last week.
3) Everyone who raced, thanks a lot! Clean and fast.

See you guys next season, I'll be there for sure.

Bravo! Great podium speech! :cheers:
I'll be hosting test races in the off season at our normal times so if you need a fix, swing on by!

Back