Car Brochure Collections

• Thread starter Prince.M5
  • 54 comments
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
CHVRCHES_GTP
Beside of collecting Scale Model cars, I'm also interested in collecting car brochures or leaflet. I started it last month, and now I have around 20-30 brochures including Jaguar, Lexus, Chevrolet and many more...

For those who collects them, please come in and show us what you got :)

I don't collect them but I've got a very nice Fiat 500 one with removable stickers to customise the cars and scratch n sniff pages for the air freshener that is available for it! They don't give them out much apparently due to how much it costs to make each one.

I have a few nice ones

Skyline GTR (R32)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Dodge Viper (includes GTS and RT/10)
Plymouth Prowler

I never bothered keeping any others.

Hey it's nice to finally see someone else out there who also collects car brochures!👍 I go to the autoshow every year to pick up some, plus you can send away from them via the web and have them show up. I've got a pretty comprehensive collection spanning from about 2006 on upwards.

But my favourite ones are my old AMC and Cadillac ones. I have roughly a dozen AMC brochures ranging from 1970-1982 (and planning on adding more!), and over 80 Cadillac ones ranging from 1976-now. Most of those are from the 1987-2000 period, plus the ones I've been able to get for the past few model years. I have a couple old Jaguar ones as well.

My favourite ones are probably the AMC ones, my Cadillac Eldorado collection, my Corvette ones, etc. Actually, thee are really too many to name! I liek them all!:dunce:

One thing that irks me though is that many companies in Canada only offer the e-brochure, while the equivalent US website offers print ones! Grr!:ouch: But oh well, I just enjoy collecting any brochures I can get my hands on - it's one of my favourite hobbies.

Now this thread makes me want to surf E-bay....:)

A Lamborghini Gallardo one, an Aston Martin one, a Porsche one and a classic Mercedes one. Nothing too rare though.

A Lamborghini Gallardo one, an Aston Martin one, a Porsche one and a classic Mercedes one. Nothing too rare though.

I Have a Mclaren F1 brochure i'm guessing its rare

Wow... I am impressed! Lucky you guys! My next brochure acquisition will be a 2002 Pontiac Bonneville... to go with the real thing parked outside!:sly: I also want to get a Lister Storm, Cadillac Allante, Dodge Viper, Chevy Chevette & Vega, and any classic Euro cars I can find at a good price.

Some of you guys really have good and rare brochures! I'm very far left behind... I'll try to get some more because today I managed to get some KIA Cars brochures...

i started collecting year or so ago, mainly for the design and photography. also you tend to get a feel for their customer service in the presentation/helpfulness :lol:
renault do great brochures. Audi, honda and toyota are also pretty good too. BMW and Lotus are stingy :grumpy: just asking around and filling the site forms got me up to about 150 in a few months from all kinds of manufacturers, got all sorts at Goodwood too, Audi A1 messenger bag ftw :lol:
I have since gone for harder stuff, press kits and the like off ebay, and I collected everything I could for the SLS AMG, not really interested in the car but I kinda liked all the different bits I could get for it :dopey:
img0569.jpg

my latest batch include a Mansory brochure, RUF range, Koenigsegg Agera and a Lotus postcard set - incidentally I am after the Lotus future brochure, titled 'A New Era' I only seen it once and can't find it anywhere now!

I guess you can't really call me a brochure collector, but every time I go to the Washington DC Auto Show I make a point of getting every brochure they have on offer. Then when I get home I read them for hours. I think I have about 2 or 3 years' worth.

I picked up a Lexus LF-A brochure the other day at a motorshow, they were not publically available but I talked the guy behind the desk into giving me one.

I was at the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer today and was walking out with one brochure on every model they sold... my stack attracted quite a few stares!:ouch: One of the salesguys didn't look too happy though.... he was smiling but the intonation when he commented said it all....

On the plus side, I only have to do this once a year!:sly:

I was at the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer today and was walking out with one brochure on every model they sold... my stack attracted quite a few stares!:ouch: One of the salesguys didn't look too happy though.... he was smiling but the intonation when he commented said it all....

On the plus side, I only have to do this once a year!:sly:

Yeah that also happened to me. I was in a Jaguar Dealership earlier this month to get the Jaguar 'R' line cars brochure. While walking out with a sheet of XF brochure and the R brochure, one of the salesman and the guard stare at me as if I'm stealing anything...

Sometimes they're friendly, sometimes they don't... But mostly here they're friendly though just need to be a bit lucky ;)

Toyota Prius | Jaguar XF | Jaguar R | Chevrolet Cruze | VW Scirocco, Polo, Golf, Golf GTi and Passat CC
IMG_0265.JPG

Honda FREED, Civic, City, CR-V and Accord | Suzuki Swift, SX4 and Alto
IMG_0266.JPG

Chevrolet Captiva | Toyota Camry | Honda FREED | Honda Insight Hybrid | KIA Forte and Koup
IMG_0267.JPG

Proton Exora, Satria Neo R3, Persona and Inspira | Kia Sorento (old and new) and Picanto | Nissan Model Lines
IMG_0268.JPG

Lexus Model Lines and Hybrid Collections | Nissan Sylphy | BMW 530d | BMW 530d Premier Edition Booklet with Safri Duo music disc

IMG_0269.JPG

Last edited:
I only have a few MINI ones from when my my mum was buying one, and a GT by Citroën gift bag, which has a brochure about their concept cars. I also have a Renault concept car brochure...

It's too bad we can't capitalize on having people from all over the place. It'd be really cool if were possible to organize some sort of cheap and easy swap-meet type thing....

On another note, here's a very small part of my collection. I might do some more later but most of them are neatly filed and tucked away...

It's so cool to look back at what used to be amazing and cutting edge... and the internet makes collecting SO much easier!👍

It's too bad we can't capitalize on having people from all over the place. It'd be really cool if were possible to organize some sort of cheap and easy swap-meet type thing....
Depends what you're after :sly:
also, I have a Land Rover Defender, Toyota Aygo and a Lexus CT200h brochures going spare if anyone wants!

oo bravo on the BMW, they don't usually give them up easily. Most of them are alright about handouts, some are reluctant unless you give them details so they can pester you by mail/phone.
Did the Citroen GT have a brochure for it?

Just ordered three more off of E-Bay... 2002 Pontiac Bonneville, 1985 Cadillac Cimarron, and 2002 Cadillac all-line.

Hopefully they will come soon!

Thanks stumpydino, you also do have a great SLS collection! :)

Anyways, you sure do have some great collections there AMCNUT. It's pretty bad here that almost all the brochures are very thin and in the case of the Prius, it's just a piece and it stuck everything into one piece of paper. I wouldn't even call it a brochure...

Famine has a large collection of car brochures. They are in a carrier bag gathering dust. He WILL sell them to you...

Alright! The new ones came in the other day...:)

Now I have the brochure to match my car!👍

It's been a while and this place is collecting a lot of dust. So yesterday I was at a BMW Showroom and collected these including the almost out of stock F10 5 Series Catalogue. I love the EfficientDynamics booklet because it tells me a heap of good things about efficiency. Also got the last Diesel Performance Kit brochure and the rest are simple brochures and leaflets.

So the whole thing.

S73F4008.JPG

The catalogue.

S73F4009.JPG

Inside the catalogue.

S73F4010.JPG

Thought of requesting some from Volkswagen because their showroom is just down the road. Well... Sadly they don't have any for some reason. A bitter dissapointment but getting to sit in the new Jetta is pretty exciting too!

Great thread. I have vintage advertisements (Those count too, right?), I took many out of old ('70s and '80s) National Geographic magazines we had at our school (In art class).

I photocopied them all and made a video out of them. :sly: I'll have to find it one day.

Here's a few favorites off my Imageshack;
oldcaradds033.png

oldcaradds007.png

oldcaradds002.png

Those are some good old classic stuff Antonisbob, congratulations!

Great to know that I'm not the only one doing this thing :lol:

Slow. Right now I'm waiting for my tax return so I can go get another cab as the one on it is toast. I would have let this truck go to scrap but it is a rare model that was only made for a few years. Dodge produced the overall truck series from 1960 to 1975 but only sold this version from 1972 to 1975. Dodge dropped out of the big truck market at the end of 1975 due to new safety regulations that were about to go in to effect for the 1976 model year. Anyhow, it was the top of the series with the largest engine option they offered in that style cab. They had to raise the cab and hood up about 5 inches in order to fit the engine in it. It's powered by a 2 stroke V8 diesel engine with a supercharger (not a turbo). :)

Fantastic story behind it. If it goes to a scrap, that'd be a waste since it has its heritage and awesome history. Perhaps even if you keep it, there would always be some collectors who would buy it for you and for them to restore it. Well, good luck on restoring it though, mate ;)👍

Back