Car Brochure Collections

• Thread starter Prince.M5
  • 54 comments
I don't collect brochures, but I did keep two 2003 BMW M cars catalogs. I knew I had it somewhere but didn't stumble across it until now. The pictures in them are slightly different, but both include the colors and options list for the M3, M3 Convertible and M5.

IMG_0230.jpg

Another forgotten thread! :(

I've made some awesome scores since I last visited. There's an old used bookstore not far from my house. They had at least 100 old Nat Geo magazines, ranging from 50 cents to $2. I bought a bunch of 'em for the ads, here's just a few I got;

426834_391183400944327_477255110_n.jpg

I'm proud of the wagon ones. :D

I also got a '68 Wide-Track Pontiac Firebird ad (Not pictured). A quick search on eBay found that the exact ad was selling for $20. So good score on my part. Sadly the store is closing out, everythings 50% off & I haven't been back there yet!

I'm collecting car brochures since 2002 though I have some in the mid 90s but lost them. I have collections from different brands - british,french,german,italian, spanish,swedish,american,japanese,korean,indian and even chinese brands

br1.jpg
br2.jpg
br3.jpg

Oh hey I've been curious if one of these threads existed. I have a collection of maybe 50, I only really grab more 'interesting' models/brands brochures and I usually buy a couple old ones at car shows. Mainly Toyota stuff as far as the old ones go, I'll grab some photos later.

I do enjoy collecting brochures. Unfortunately, a couple of years ago, my parents ended up throwing all of them out. So...I've started over again. Got a Bentley one when I stopped by the dealership in Mass. (Don't have a picture of it) But I do have a 1970's Toyota lineup brochure I got at Lime Rock from a vendor.
10659230_10204841685541318_4473658276939218876_n.jpg

10653460_10204841687981379_7176600904672042182_n.jpg

10171142_10204841689501417_5297047641257476308_n.jpg

There's Ferrari brochures in PDF format going back to the 50s here. There's also owners manuals and workshop manuals there too.

Used to "collect" (in other words, just grab) them a lot when I was younger through dealerships & autoshows. Don't know where they are now, maybe in my attic. The only 2 I currently have are brand new Ferrari 458 Speciale & F12 books that were gifts from a Ferrari service director he had planned to sell. I've left them wrapped up since getting them, due to links like Roo's above that had allowed me to view the books online.

I've got a handful that I kept from around 1998 onwards but threw about half of them out years ago (they take up a lot of space). Just held on to some of the more interesting ones.

One thing I like with euro cars brochure is that most of them are standard wherever you source them. Meaning there's just one design as a global brochure

I'm actually amazed to see this thread is still alive and there are actually more people collecting these stuff!

I can see a lot of great brochures/catalogs you guys have there! I have, ever since the last time I posted here has grown my collection with the latest being the new BMW X6 which I got from my office. Will definitely show them all to you guys here when I'm back home. Keep it up guys! :D

I'll have to grab some photos later of all of mine, @Niku Driver HC can confirm I have quite a few. :P

And I have the Facebook conversation to prove it, folks. A calendar isn't enough to count the brochure pictures which he has shared with me. :sly: :lol:

But in all seriousness, waffles has an incredible collection of brochures, both for Japanese and American cars which were sold in the USA car market. I might share some of my own in this thread one day, if I can.
And yes, you should be sharing the rest of your collection, but with slow-paced steps so as to not overload everyone's connection when they enter this thread... :P

Oh, and that Pontiac thing should be one of the next ones to upload. :sly:

Something salvaged from the depths of my old walk-in wardrobe after moving house last week. I had expected to find some turn of the millennium Peugeot and Daewoo brochures, but all I found was this:

_DSC0161.JPG

Picked a folder up from the Noble show stand at the British Motor Show in 2004 with full model summery and spec list from their 2004 range, including the M14 project that never took off.

_DSC0162.JPG
_DSC0163.JPG
_DSC0164.JPG
_DSC0165.JPG
_DSC0166.JPG
_DSC0168.JPG
_DSC0169.JPG

_DSC0171.JPG
_DSC0172.JPG

The folder's a bit ragged around the back and edges, but it's nice to discover something I probably would have chucked out over a decade ago had I not left it somewhere out of sight.

Last edited:
So in the end, it was wise to forget about it and leave those brochures somewhere, hidden away from the chances of it being binned. I had never seen a Noble brochure of any type before, and I assume that finding them even in Britain is not a common sight either. The brochures' design is basic and quite barebones, the presentation is rather dull in places, but overall the pictures and information are decent enough.

Yes, it beats finding some mere Daweoo Matiz brochures, I can tell that much...

So, got a bunch of Toyota brochures off of EBay the other day, and the first lot of them arrived today! Included are 16 Corona/Mark II brochures and the brochure with the 2000GT on the cover, which I'm assuming is just some sort of full line.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The second lot I got consists of 27 1960-1989 models. Another one has 1995/1996 T100, Previa, 4Runner, Celica, and Land Cruiser models and the final lot has 7 concepts, and 2 random models one of which is a Chinook camper.

Probably my most prized one...

Holy crap that's awesome. I didn't even know BMW made brochures for the M3 GTR seeing as they never sold any. Must have been a very limited run of those produced by the time they rules changed and they cancelled the program. NEVER get rid of that (unless maybe the price is right ;))

Got the rest of the Toyota stuff from EBay! I'll put them in spoilers to avoid cluttering the page. :P

So the biggest bunch consisted of 27 brochures from the late 70s to mid 80s. There's quite a few full lines, Cressida, Camry, Starlet, Corolla, and Tercel brochures with a few others. The other one came with a 1995 Previa and 1996 4Runner, T100, Celica, and Land Cruiser.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is my first time in Gtplanet. A´m a brochure collector from Venezuela. In the first years of the 80s i was living in europe and every year i visited the most importan car salons around (Frankfort, París, Torino, Geneve, and others). So, as passionate in this matter i collected hundereds of kg. of brochures about different brands and models (Ferrari, Rolls R, Porsche, Mercedes, Bently and many many others, including the designers). You never though how i did to find some of them. Well, in a next time i have to move to a place where i can´t take care of my very loved brochures. That´s why i come to you in order to ask for some information about the best way of having some benefit in this case. I will start to take photos of some of them but i dont know how to publish them. I honestly would be pleased of having, if you have the opportunity to post me back, a first contact with you. I Thanks you in advance and scuse me for my english level. Ruben Lopez (rlopezlyn@gmail.com)

I actually got the brochures from Lisbon Motorshow last year. I managed to get from all manufacturers except Bentley, Aston Martin and Maserati (Those Manufacturers Stand did not let us take these brochures with us).

Back