Car Build Contest Poll: PEARLESCENT (Test Round) (Winner: girabyt3)

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 36 comments

Car Builds Contest: Pearlescent (Test Round)

• Mazda RX8

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Toyota Supra

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Nissan 240SX

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Pontiac GTO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

Still progressing........
Premium
Philippines
Manila
Filracer
Today in this thread features builds from different GTP members who are plays NFSU2.

For this week's theme: Pearlescent (theme chosen by FilipinoGTUser1)
"Ah yes pearlescent. Everybody's favorite color. To me pearlescent will work on a car depending on how the user was able to modify his car. Sometimes it may end up looking good or ricey."

Rule/s for this theme:
- Only use pearlescent paint. No other paints allowed though you can still paint the other parts of the car.

So here are the choices for this round:
1. Mazda RX-8 by @JASON_ROCKS1998
speed2 6583.jpg

speed2 6584.jpg

Front Bumper: Wolfpack
Rear Bumper: Slipstream
Side Skirts: Renegade
Spoiler: Airforce
Hoods: Twister
Exhaust tips: Rocket
Rims: BBS RX2 20"
2. Toyota Supra by @JakeMR2
Supra_Pearl.JPG

Front Bumper: Ace
Rear Bumper: Spyder
Sideskirt: Shadow
Exhaust: Thunderbult
Spoiler: Slingshot
Wheels: Racing Hart S7 '18
Carbon Fibre Hood: Speed
Headlights: Voltage
Taillights: Reaper
Window Tint: Dark Black
3. Nissan 240SX Itasha-Nagi Kirishima Edition by @girabyt3
upload_2017-1-18_19-22-29.png

upload_2017-1-18_19-23-4.png

Widebody kit: Vapor
Spoiler: Carbon Lynx
Exhaust: Sonic
Headlights: Projector
Taillights: Masked
Rims: RacingHart CP-FTUNE R 18"
Side mirrors: Carbon redial
Hood: Carbon Trap
Doors: Scissor
Neon Kit (All layouts): Intermittent red
Window tint: Iridescent black Peark
Lights: Bright Red
N2O purge: Type 3 Red & Gold
Hydraulics: Type 3
Trunk design: Custom
Fillers: Full NX Bottles (10lb-15lb-20lb)
upload_2017-1-18_19-20-36.png
4. Pontiac GTO by @rallymorten
20170119135847_1.jpg

20170119135922_1.jpg

Front Bumper: Snyper
Rear Bumper: Snyper
Side Skirts: Snyper
Hood: Colix
5. Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO by @ToyGTone
NFS Screenshot 2017-01-19 21-36-43.png

NFS Screenshot 2017-01-19 21-37-19.png

Front Bumper: Frenzy
Rear Bumper: Slipstream
Side Skirt: Renegade
Spoiler: Stock
Bonnet: Speedline
Roof Scope: Headwind Offset
Headlights: Stock
Taillights: Stock
Side Mirrors: Razor
Exhaust: Blast
Rims: Black Racing Hart CP-FTUNE R (18" inch).
Bulls eye Gauges with red gauge face, yellow/gold lettering dials and red needle.
Dark Pearl Black Tint
Xenon 8000K lights
Type 3 Sky Blue Nitrous Purge
Tuned Trunk Layout:
5 LB Bottle of Nos
2 12" JB Audio sub speaker and one 8" JB Audio Speaker.

Those are the contestants for this weeks Build contest. Choose wisely. And those who are in this contest, you are not allowed to vote your own build. You are free to comment on the builds featured in this contes

Last edited:
This is odd, why almost all images apart from mine never shows up for me?
And when i open those images in new tab, i get this:
GTPlanet - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

This is odd, why almost all images apart from mine never shows up for me?
And when i open those images in new tab, i get this:
The picture shows up on mine though. Could be your internet though.

You could re-upload those images on the Media Page of GTP. I'm guessing the reason why those images never shows apart from mine is because they are uploaded privately (PM).

Alright so let's resume the normal polling session. So what do you think of the other builds you guys saw?

It comes down to personal taste. Personally apart from changing paint/livery of some nominated cars, they look fine IMO. I built 3 different cars which are 3000GT, Supra and 240SX. I ended up using the 3000GT because i doubted anyone else would use it. Then it was just me messing around with the Paint and Livery until i decided to go against adding a livery since i find it ruining the looks of my car and went for a more cleaner look.

And since i find those "Vinyl" to be ruining the car, it means only one car left for me to choose....@JakeMR2's Supra 👍

I like vinyls to an extent, some of the regular vinyls that the game gives you are fine and all, but with modding the vinyls they could have been better. Just my opinion. I like ToyGTOne's 3000GT, the body style is just perfect to me.

I'm more tied to the 240SX though. The vinyls, bodykit, and everything fits well to the color itself.

A lot of different styles being shown off already.

Personally, I tried something in the style of the NFS Edition cars from Hot Pursuit 2, with some modifications to it. Clearly it hasn't worked :lol:

As for my vote, I do quite like the 3000GT. Well done on that build, Toy-G-Tone ;)

A lot of different styles being shown off already.

Personally, I tried something in the style of the NFS Edition cars from Hot Pursuit 2, with some modifications to it. Clearly it hasn't worked :lol:

As for my vote, I do quite like the 3000GT. Well done on that build, Toy-G-Tone ;)
What do you mean different styles?

It's clearly more succesful than my GTO attacted some interest, so I see no reason not to move to full-time.

And it keeps the creativity going.
My problem for this contest is that I want to make sure that other GTP players can join in this contest. Could you entice other GTP users to join in?

If people are truly interested, they'll come down the line. Just don't cap the number of nominees.

To those who wants to join, a new theme is available for users to join. Check out the main thread for more info.

Only 1 day left before the polling session is about to end and it looks like @girabyt3 got this in the bag unless the other 3 can catch and other one making a miracle.

Oh and @rallymorten please make a very good build in the next theme please.

I voted the RX-8. I like the color-coordinated wheels, the spoiler, and the neons.

I really liked the 240 parts selection, but the color choice is too dull, and in this case I can't see most of the detail. For all I know someone's cock could be painted on the side of the car and I wouldn't know it LOL ;) If I can't see the detail then I can't feel comfortable about voting for it...

The Supra and 3000GT are both close 2nds for me. There's nothing wrong with the design of the GTO beyond the simple fact that it's a GTO, and therefore one of my least favorite cars in the NFS franchise. Sorry rallymorten ;)

Please take my comments in good humor, they aren't meant to be overly critical ;)

May I make a suggestion to everyone? More pictures of each car wouldn't go amiss. Some of you have listed parts that we can't even see to appreciate... Moar pics! Moar pics!

Latest Posts

Back