Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
IMG_20150621_103137 (1).jpg

A old scratchy doodle of a Ferrari 599 I did like 7 years ago when I was still a junior high-school student, not having drawn an automobile for years already so I'd be at a loss for the clues about how to draw them which is completely different from human portraits. :lol:

Quickly threw this sketch together (unfinished, as is the norm from me).

I call it the 'Mercedes F1-LM'

I think Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg should pilot it at Le Mans 24hr (team building exercise) :lol:

The headlamps of the car slightly resemble these of Enzo Ferrari, but looks pretty cool in its way in my opinion. ;)

So, with the ongoing draw a character weekly challenge at the anime thread, I've started to scan car stuff again along with the charater thing. Sorry if some of these are reposts, I truly don't remember what I've posted here and what I haven't, and I don't have the time to go trough the thread to find out so you'll have to eat it. To (re)start off:
18351271254_d0f9c2bf57_b.jpg

So, with the ongoing draw a character weekly challenge at the anime thread, I've started to scan car stuff again along with the charater thing. Sorry if some of these are reposts, I truly don't remember what I've posted here and what I haven't, and I don't have the time to go trough the thread to find out so you'll have to eat it. To (re)start off:
18351271254_d0f9c2bf57_b.jpg
I had a look at your Flickr stuff the other day. There's loads of awesome drawings there that iv'e never seen before.

How dare you not post them here!

👍

I had a look at your Flickr stuff the other day. There's loads of awesome drawings there that iv'e never seen before.

How dare you not post them here!

👍

Ah, yes, I migrated the stuff from crap-o-bucket to Flickr recently. I'll post/repost them in due time.

Also, don't talk me about daring! I specifically asked you to tag me whenever the heck you posted something. And not. A single. Darned. Time.

Awesome sketch as usual @Cano . 👍

I knew what it was straight away (69 Camaro), and to get it that good without reference and straight in with the pen, is pure skill.

*Thread now added to watch list.. can't believe i hadn't added it before now :embarrassed: *

Awesome sketch as usual @Cano . 👍
I knew what it was straight away (69 Camaro), and to get it that good without reference and straight in with the pen, is pure skill.

Thanks dude. There are a handful of car that I know well enough to be able to draw them by memory and almost nail them right in the head, and they obviously are a recurring subject of mine. The 69 Camaro is one of them.

However, today's thing I have drawn only once, and also by total memory. It more or less looks like one, so I'm happy. Specially because this is old. But old-OLD, like 15 years old. Abandoned bullet-nose Studebaker, circa 2000.
18976771321_943d8847d8_b.jpg

2003-honda-s2000-photo-319001-s-1280x782.jpeg
2015-06-28 10.57.41.png

@ImmalovemaGTR

Here is the original photo that I drew from.

I can say that precision, and pencil hardness are important to copy specific shading from a picture.

But my technique is to take shading a portion at a time.

So I'll pick a section and stick with it, like this...

2003-HondaS2000.jpg

Excuse the terrible lighting, but I began shading the bottom of the front bumper first then I moved upwards and back gradually, like this...

20150113_090611.jpg

You have to have finesse, and take time to adjust the sharpness of your pencil to the shade you need for the best result.

I'm not great at shading from scratch, I'm only good at mimicking from an actual picture.

Double post because yet another weird thing that popped outta my head:
18787624439_15b554b579_b.jpg
I love that. 👍 It vaguely reminds me of an old silver Tonka car i had when i was younger, (probably around 1/43 scale). It was a cool looking fantasy car. I wish i still had it. Awesome sketches as always man. 👍

I did this a short while back, for another GTP member. It was really hard to make sense of, and i guess a bit of it was open to interpretation. Some of it doesn't sit easy with me but i did my best i suppose..

Original sketches the GTP member gave me to work off:

7a253bffc8250d2143d7bade42370f10_zps278f5064.jpg

097d9114-9326-44da-80dc-57f9728991b5_zps31fc3aea.jpg

And what i managed to come up with:

I'm not 100% pleased with it and it was quite rushed (took about 5 hrs), though in fairness the guy gave me more than enough time to do it (several months infact), i just couldn't motivate myself to do it..

That is awesome Doc, you really managed to translate the rough sketch to a possible true form. I love the mirrors and triangle door handles... and the wheels as usual are dynamite.

That is awesome Doc, you really managed to translate the rough sketch to a possible true form. I love the mirrors and triangle door handles... and the wheels as usual are dynamite.
Thanks man. 👍

TBH i was more pleased with the slight overhaul of the logo:

XzbBMQt.png

This is a model the guy did of the same car, a good while after i was shown the initial sketches. I didn't incorporate any of the design elements of this though. Thought i'd just stick to the original sketches.

The one you rendered looks a lot less generic than this one 👍
That's the exact reason i gave to the guy, why i didn't use the model as reference.

I think the model was done in a game called Automation, which in itself seems quite limited to what can be done (design wise).

Back