Car of the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 78 comments
  • 5,166 views
It's hard to say really. For me, I've put quite a bit of time into the '07 m3, it's well balanced and just a joy to drive. A couple others that stand out to me are:
Rx7 spirit r- it's composed for just about anything you could ask of it.
Rx7 tc- volatile little beast, keeps you on the edge of your seat!
Audi r10-An absolute joy to drive in cockpit view, my favorite lmp by far.
Honda nsx gt500- Not the best gt500, but definitely the most enjoyable.
Ferrari 458-kind of a generic choice, but this car is just so wonderful to drive.
Out of the 1000 cars on gt5, these are the cars I keep returning to for guaranteed enjoyment. Choosing just one would be like choosing a favorite child!
 
Impul Calsonic GT-R. Lots of lovely noise, handles beautifully.
 
:O .... :lol: I just realised what i wrote there ! Indeed. A ten inch alloy wheel option would look rather ridiculous, to say the least :lol: You're right, I wasn't paying attention when writing that down :dunce:

:lol: I was wondering when people would see that. That 10 inch rim set is the best thing to ever grace the FIAT 500, not a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG; also, if we're going to be really specific, the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren 22" wheel option is the one in GT5. Apples to oranges to a FIAT 500. :dopey:

Ryk
I was talking about GT5 - The Gull Wing modern Mercedes-Benz SLS.

My Box for the PS3 came with it on the outside... or did my SLS come with a PS3 in it...

Yes, I'm not arguing that the SLS AMG was the right car for GT5, but, I'm saying GT5 was the first game the SLS AMG was in. Someone (not necessarily you) said that it was an "old car" and didn't belong, and I told them that I disagreed. And why would I agree that the SLS AMG is an old car? The car I drive every day is 8 years old now. The SLS AMG is brand new, I haven't even seen one yet.
 
Corvette ZR1 (C6), just awesome. One big fun machine!

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34), razor sharp when put on a set of sport soft tyres
 
For road cars, :

Lotus Evora
Honda NSX R (NA2)
Nissan GT-R
Scion FR-S/Toyota 86

For race cars:

Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mark IV
Jaguar XJ13
Alfa Romeo TZ2
 
Mazda Furai concept. Beautiful car, amazing through the curves. Hands down for me best car in the game.
 
Definitely Scirocco.It's fun to drive..
 
When racing; Corvette ZR1 with racing modifications
When drifting; Nissan Fairlady 08
Drag racing; 1000bhp Viper ACR
11vijag.jpg
 
XS
Ford GT SpecII Test Car
Mazda Furai

Agreed - to which I would add the X1 2010 Red Bull Vettel.

These cars 'symbolise' GT5 to me. As in no other game.

The same way the Ford GT was 'GT4' to me.

OP@
However - this topic may be confusing. Many have expressed opinions about 'favourite' cars, or 'go to' cars, or the 'best' cars, or the 'fastest' cars, or the 'most winning' cars, etc, etc . . . we have many, many threads asking such questions.

I'm taking it that you are asking what car 'marked' the game, or 'symbolised' or characterised the game as GT5, and not any other - in which similar cars are featured.

Please guide me if I have been misled. :)
 
Last edited:
Agreed - to which I would add the X2010 Red Bull Vettel.

These cars 'symbolise' GT5 to me. As in no other game.

The same way the Ford GT was 'GT4' to me.

OP@
However - this topic may be confusing. Many have expressed opinions about 'favourite' cars, or 'go to' cars, or the 'best' cars, or the 'fastest' cars, or the 'most winning' cars, etc, etc . . . we have many, many threads asking such questions.

I'm taking it that you are asking what car 'marked' the game, or 'symbolised' or characterised the game as GT5, and not any other - in which similar cars are featured.

Please guide me if I have been misled. :)

Hey, as long as drivers are excited about which cars do it for them is all good. I am talking about one car. It's open but, I didn't want to add this: just think if you were only able to use one car for the whole game, what would it be? That's not the question or what I mean. It could be the car of the game for you when you cracked open the game was the cover car. Maybe 2 years later, you find the S2000 is so right. Maybe this maybe that. Like I said its personal. I narrowed it down to the one I picked because of the reasons I stated. I'll put it this way, if someone has several favourites, which out of those just does everything right for you? And if they all do, that's just as well. Keep driving and keep it on the track! :)
 
The beauty for me of GT5 is getting to drive cars I never will in real life.
When I first got the game I couldn't wait to drive various exotic supercars and racecars.
However two years later it's the more ordinary cars that keep me conning back for more. Finding some fairly unassuming car that with a good tune can keep up with those exotics is a unique pleasure.
To that end I would have to say the Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato '97 is the car that symbolizes this game for me. I've never seen one in real life and as a Kei car you'd never get me into one except on a golf course or similar location. Yet I've had more fun pushing that micro box to extremes in this game and winning all sorts of A-Spec, B-Spec and seasonal races with it. Yes there are a lot of cars with better looks and performance but the character and sheer unlikelyness of this car are exactly the sort of symbol for what makes GT5 a great game.:gtpflag:
 
Ford GT Test Car.
 
Last edited:
.............................. I'll put it this way, if someone has several favourites, which out of those just does everything right for you?

That, then, is not the car that makes the game for me.

That would be several cars, a list from over a thousand cars that's too long to get into, a reason why I keep trying out new cars all the time.

Thanks for clarifying. :) 👍
 
Hard to say for me. I feel like GT5 is the first GT game I've played where I didn't have a single go-to car for most races.

That said, the GT-R Black Edition drives wonderfully, as does the GT-R TC. They make setting fast laptimes rather easy.

I also really enjoy the 430 Scuderia, though. I've gotten a lot of use out of it.

And, of course, the X2011 is great for my B-Spec drivers. :)
 
Depends:
I will completely exclude the X1 for obvious reasons
Total Track Domination: 2J
Dirt: Imreza WRC
LMP's: Sauber C9
Best to hit with X1: Fiat 500 '69
Visuals: Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Drag (for surprising outcomes): Buick Special
Drift: Corvette Stingray C7 surprisingly enough

Others may disagree, but whatever
 
Sometimes it's the '08 ARTA Garaiya for me. Others, a stock R35 GT-R Black Edition.
 
Back