Car of the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 78 comments
  • 5,166 views
mercedes sauber c9 race car
 
Can't narrow it down to just one. There's about a dozen I can't do without:

Range Stormer w/ supercharger, semi-racing exhaust, and that's it. matte black

Aston DB9 stock

That classic Alfa Romeo race car- stock

1979 (?) Mitsubishi Galant GTO- ABS off, semo-tuned

Volkswagon 1200- tuned up. Semi racing exhaust.

Mercedes SL-55

That's probably my top six.
 
Peugeot 205 turbo 16 Road and Rally versions. Both have awesome handling on any tyre's.
 
You know, I love the X2010/X2011. I'm so glad PD put such an uber car in GT5.

However, online experiences have ruined that cars reputation for pretty much everyone. Its such a shame really

I'm going to go with the Superautobacs MR-S @ 550PP. I could never get bored of that car
 
I love the Amuse S2000 and Toyota FT86. The Amuse just shades it though
 
I have to say The Peugeot 905 Race Car 92". Its for me the best LM race car that can deliver easy control for average top speed.
 
NSX-R, Who says you need power and a Turbo to go fast?
 
Cars that represent Gran Turismo? Then definitely the x2010/11

Best of Gran Turismo? I'm gonna have to say the Opera s2000 it's easy to drive low pp and Hella fast
 
Ferrari 458 Italia.

Wasn't until the second page this car came up then it wasn't even acknowledged by anyone else. I'm disappointed GTPlanet.
 
porthillking
Mazda Roadster Tc.

I've seen this car! Its similar to the premium Mazda mx5. Drives like a beauty
 
I am finding it impossible to choose my all time favourite, seeing as the cars i love are based all on my GT5 varying experiences, since it came out on day 1 :)

I'd post my top 10 here, but it'll be slightly off topic and i won't open a new thread as I am sure that one has been done plenty of times before.

OK, damnit, I'm gonna risk it, but i won't go into detail, only to say that through individual experiences, these are my all time top 10 :guilty:

10) Audi S4 '98
09) Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
08) Mercedes SLS AMG 10" wheel option
07) Pagani Zonda R '09
06) Nissan C-West Razio Silvia '01
05) Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90
04) Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 ( with racing kit body )
03) Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
02) BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01

...and after careful consideration, purely because it is ( with careful tunes, found on these forums ) an absolute joy to drive, especially around the nurburgring :

The Amuse S2000 R1 '04

snap060.jpg
( except mine's in shocking pink, rather than orange...)

Using forum member SS_1182's tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170522
i have never felt more "at one" with a car in this game ( other than maybe the BMW M3 GTR ) :)

Please forgive me for not sticking to the rules of the thread, but there's so many great cars for different occasions ! :)
 
Wasn't until the second page this car came up then it wasn't even acknowledged by anyone else. I'm disappointed GTPlanet.

Ferrari's are for casuals. :grumpy:
 
Merc SLS?

It was all over the box my PS3 came with...

Picking a New to GT series car... Jag XJ13 or the Ferrari 330 P3 or the Mazda Furai
 
Ryk
Merc SLS?

It was all over the box my PS3 came with...

Picking a New to GT series car... Jag XJ13 or the Ferrari 330 P3 or the Mazda Furai

The Mercedes SLS AMG wasn't in GT4. Maybe GT5: Prologue, but, GT4 came out before the SLS AMG did, so...


and, :lol: 10" wheel package. Someone wasn't paying attention.
 
I've thought long and hard about it. All things considered, I think it is the Honda Integra Type R DC5. Closely followed by the Aston Martin V12 Vantage (porno on 4 wheels) and BMW M5 '08 (the world's fastest taxi).

It is the god of all FFs, and (before 2.10) a frequent dominator in the 400-500pp range. It is an absolute joy to drive, and proof you don't need to hang the arse out to have fun.
 
In GT5 Prologue, the DC5 is a beast. I love how it revs off the dial and sounds. You can flick it, throw into corners and it responds. The best FF ever! As far as looks, if we could only have a wider tyre when upgrading, it would make its stance a whole lot better. Having said that, it's a car that is best left stock(though a Milano Red RM on black Enkeis looks devilish).
 
The red bulls ok they're not to everyone's liking but as they push the boundaries of what is possible for a car in gt5 and real life they get my vote for car of the game.
 
Ferrari's are for casuals. :grumpy:

How so?

I quite agree with them. That car is useful in such a wide pp range without losing any of it's wonderful handling. I have 5 of them all with multiple tunes
 
The X2010 is easily the most significant car in GT5. I don't care if it's not real, it's in the game and the simple fact is that we have never before seen anything this crazy in a Gran Turismo Game. Is there even another racing game with a car this extreme?
 
My favourite: the Aston Martin V12 Vantage

It's totally personal preference but for some reason that's my go-to car for regular stints on the Ring. It's not a Ring killer necessarily when compared to others in its class but it's my favourite cruiser.

If I were to pick a more generally appreciated car I'd have to say the Ferrari 458.
As Ferraris go, it surprised me with it's handling - not to mention it's the best looking Ferrari in a long time. Not quite as beautiful as some of the older classic feminine bodies IMO but much nicer to look at than most of Ferrari's newer, more angular models.
 
The X2010 is easily the most significant car in GT5. I don't care if it's not real, it's in the game and the simple fact is that we have never before seen anything this crazy in a Gran Turismo Game. Is there even another racing game with a car this extreme?

The things you use in the final race in Ridge Racer Type 4.

And personally I think GT2's Renault Espace F1 trumps the X series for pure craziness...!
 
F1 2007 with no aids whatsoever on the Nurburging 24hr layout track. After having lapped it some 5,000 times virtually, it is so soothing to drive this fine specimen on a track you know so well.

some frequent quotes I see when people join my room:

"I wish everycar handled like an F1" - so true!
"host is so ******* stupid for disabling aids on this car" - I never had training wheels, not even at 2. just a helping hand that "pushed" me off on my own.
 
The X2010 is easily the most significant car in GT5. I don't care if it's not real, it's in the game and the simple fact is that we have never before seen anything this crazy in a Gran Turismo Game. Is there even another racing game with a car this extreme?

The x2011 is easier to drive but way more extreme then the x2010
 
The x2011 is easier to drive but way more extreme then the x2010

I considered the X2011 but chose the X2010 as "car of the game" because of its significance as the original X model in GT5.
 
The Mercedes SLS AMG wasn't in GT4. Maybe GT5: Prologue, but, GT4 came out before the SLS AMG did, so...


and, :lol: 10" wheel package. Someone wasn't paying attention.

I was talking about GT5 - The Gull Wing modern Mercedes-Benz SLS.

My Box for the PS3 came with it on the outside... or did my SLS come with a PS3 in it...
 
How so?

I quite agree with them. That car is useful in such a wide pp range without losing any of it's wonderful handling. I have 5 of them all with multiple tunes

It was a joke dude. Who the hell would seriously make that claim?
 
[I
MrMelancholy15;8089043]The Mercedes SLS AMG wasn't in GT4. Maybe GT5: Prologue, but, GT4 came out before the SLS AMG did, so...[/I]


and, :lol: 10" wheel package. Someone wasn't paying attention.


:O .... :lol: I just realised what i wrote there ! Indeed. A ten inch alloy wheel option would look rather ridiculous, to say the least :lol: You're right, I wasn't paying attention when writing that down :dunce:

1302060648140107.jpg
 
Last edited:
I considered the X2011 but chose the X2010 as "car of the game" because of its significance as the original X model in GT5.

I dislike X2010 its so hard to drive! I never drive it because my wheel shakes like crazy when ever I go above 100kmph.

I love me motors a lot:sly:
 
Ford GT SpecII Test Car
Mazda Furai
 
Back