Car of The Month: April! - Build your own Racing Modification/Touring Car!

Thank you Bowtie for hosting this event, this is the most fun I have had in GT6 in a while! I hope it's okay for me to post my impressions of a few tunes that I enjoyed trying out this weekend. I tested all cars on Deep Forest Reverse with track edge grip set to real. ABS set to 1 for all tunes and TCS set to either 0 or 1 depending on the as posted tune. For each tune tested I did ten laps and picked the best time. All tunes were built and tested as posted with no changes, including final gear.
Honda S2000 S '06 by Antares26 on RH - 1:17.755
This car is a pleasure to drive, just a little careful throttle on corner exit. Just had to paint her pink and name her Suki.:lol:
Subaru BRZ '12 by Shotaliema on SS - 1:22.658
This car is simply mistake proof. Very smooth, nice car all around.
Lexus ISF '07 by Exeter on SS - 1:18.224
A heavy car for this track but still a nice drive.
Audi RS6 Avant '08 by Exeter on SS - 1:17.825
A handful on this track and gave me my most red laps, but when handled properly it's very fast.
Nissan SkylineGT-R V-Spec II (R32) by Thorin Cain on SS - 1:20.235
Nice drive, nothing that stood out as a problem and definitely staying in my garage.
Honda NSX Type R '02 by Bowtie-Muscle on SS - 1:17.192
Very fast, but also the car i had the most trouble controlling. Not certain what it was, maybe the driver.:irked:
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 by Exeter on SS - 1:20.203
I'm not a big fan of FF cars beyond a certain PP range. That being said, this car still performed admirably within the FF constraints.
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 by Exeter on SS - 1:17.533
Suprisingly nimble for a car of its weight, and fast on this track. Allows you a little margin for error before losing control and corrects easily. Of all the cars, this one got the most launch on the hill crest before the turn into the tunnel.:nervous:
I really enjoyed trying these tunes and am happy to have all of them in my garage. Thanks to all the tuners for sharing your creations. I hope to try some more tunes, next time on SSR-11. Wow, is that a great track or what? Thank you Otaliema for creating and sharing that track.
Edit: I took the two cars that I had any issues with, Exeter's Sirocco and Bowtie-muscle's NSX, to GVS for a few laps. Mostly because I felt a little guilty for posting anything negative about the cars, and partly from curiosity. I discovered that the issues I had at DFR were non-existent at Grand Valley. Both cars were a pleasure to drive there.:cheers:

Last edited:
I was getting bored of GT6 that why I brought myself a PS4 to play the other racing games until I think @shaunm80 told me about CoTM. I think this thread has brought the fun back in GT6 for me, because I have not played any PS4 games since I was told of this thread, I new about this thread in the forum but I have never look at any pages until a few days ago since then I am always looking at this thread. I got to take my hat off to you :bowdown: @Bowtie-muscle Well done on a very good thread and I hope we get a few more players to do this :cheers:.

Lexus IS '07 is in the January COTM 👍.
Reviewers can test any car submitted within this thread regardless of which month it was submitted. :) It is a "pick a ride and drive it" sort of thread this time.
Thank you Bowtie for hosting this event, this is the most fun I have had in GT6 in a while! I hope it's okay for me to post my impressions of a few tunes that I enjoyed trying out this weekend. I tested all cars on Deep Forest Reverse with track edge grip set to real. ABS set to 1 for all tunes and TCS set to either 0 or 1 depending on the as posted tune. For each tune tested I did ten laps and picked the best time. All tunes were built and tested as posted with no changes, including final gear.
This car is a pleasure to drive, just a little careful throttle on corner exit. Just had to paint her pink and name her Suki.:lol:
A handful on this track and gave me my most red laps, but when handled properly it's very fast.
Nice drive, nothing that stood out as a problem and definitely staying in my garage.
Very fast, but also the car i had the most trouble controlling. Not certain what it was, maybe the driver.:irked:
I'm not a big fan of FF cars beyond a certain PP range. That being said, this car still performed admirably within the FF constraints.
Suprisingly nimble for a car of its weight, and fast on this track. Allows you a little margin for error before losing control and corrects easily. Of all the cars, this one got the most launch on the hill crest before the turn into the tunnel.:nervous:
I really enjoyed trying these tunes and am happy to have all of them in my garage. Thanks to all the tuners for sharing your creations. I hope to try some more tunes, next time on SSR-11. Wow, is that a great track or what? Thank you Otaliema for creating and sharing that track.
Thank you for the reviews on many of my tunes. Glad to see that most of them struck a good chord with you. In all honestly, I did struggle with the Audi RS6 tune and you are right I'm saying that it is fast when driven how it wants, not how you want to drive it. I couldn't unlock that part of the car for some reason so I worked with what I had.
I was getting bored of GT6 that why I brought myself a PS4 to play the other racing games until I think @shaunm80 told me about CoTM. I think this thread has brought the fun back in GT6 for me, because I have not played any PS4 games since I was told of this thread, I new about this thread in the forum but I have never look at any pages until a few days ago since then I am always looking at this thread. I got to take my hat off to you :bowdown: @Bowtie-muscle Well done on a very good thread and I hope we get a few more players to do this :cheers:.
It is great that you have a reason to still play GT6. CoTM thread is a great way to spend a few hours tuning or testing. Admittedly, I have spent way more time tuning but at least I am giving the testers something to enjoy (hopefully!)

Last edited:
I had a PM from someone asking about my final gear figures in some of my transmissions. What I usually put is "Adjust final gear to suit track". However, I forgot to put that in on some of the tunes. For any of my tunes submitted, my transmissions are designed to change final gear as required to reach the top speed for the longest straight. Testers are advised to use a best guess on where that is and set it up for individual tracks. :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Reviewers can test any car submitted within this thread regardless of which month it was submitted. :) It is a "pick and ride and drive it" sort of thread this time.

Thank you for the reviews on many of my tunes. Glad to see that most of them struck a good chord with you. In all honestly, I did struggle with the Audi RS6 tune and you are right I'm saying that it is fast when driven how it wants, not how you want to drive it. I couldn't unlock that part of the car for some reason so I worked with what I had.

It is great that you have a reason to still play GT6. CoTM thread is a great way to spend a few hours tuning or testing. Admittedly, I have spent way more time tuning but at least I am giving the testers something to enjoy (hopefully!)
That is good I can test any car in the thread and it does not matter what months :), next lot of cars to test is at the Deep Forest Reverse 👍.

Well....I guess I am ready to start reviewing some tunes. While my times are still a bit off, I have started getting a little consistency. I hope everyone remembers that while reading my reviews.
@Thorin Cain got the call to be first, with his NSX R '02. The rave reviews this car was getting I just couldn't stay out of it any longer. I think I will start with a general review, then a few specific comments while at each track. The car didn't meet advertised specs till I changed the oil. Interestingly enough I had already ran 2 tracks, then made the change. The track times didn't change by hundredths, but a lot of the raw edges smoothed up a bit. The gear package was fine for all three tracks and the car exited the corners very well. Great power and it applied smoothly with very few problems. Fast at this PP level and shattered the leader board on the 600PP cars I have been tuning on. However....all was not perfect... the brakes caused no end of nightmares and headaches. The car would tolerate almost no brake while turning the wheel. I did find a few places where I could use it to an advantage, but I do think it was holding it back. I will be keeping this car in my garage, but will be softening the brake oversteer. Over all great job and a great car. I have test ran a few others that are un-driveable at this point for me. Makes this car seem that much more unreal !!

All tests done RH tires

Deep Forest Reverse 1:15.119
Kept loosing time at the second underpass. (that not breaking in a corner thing) Great turn in and keeps its composure on those little airborne moments. :) Great grip with just the right amount of slide. 👍

Trial Mountain 1:27.342
Know I am leaving some time here. Was able to make the brake over steer work to a greater advantage. Really did use brakes very little. The car scrubs off speed well. Nice balance.

Grand Valley 1:53.659
Left a lot of time on the first right hand corner. Hate this track, but love this car on it. Nice job. Wish I could have trail braked a little, times may have improved a bit.

Fun drive and great car my friend.
:banghead: I knew I forgot to do something :dunce: Oil change now listed 👍 Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the spots :cheers:

So you didn't like me brakes then!? :odd: I can't say I'm too surprised :guilty:, I would probably be saying the same thing to myself.....Way too high for the tyres :crazy: :embarrassed:. They do not too bad in a straight line from what I remember, but, yeah, not too hot if you're needing to touch them with the wheels turned (especially with such an aggressive front camber angle :dopey:) I'll have a little look-see when I get on later and see what adjustments I can make :) Probably something like 1/2 or 1/3 for RH and a switch to normal brakes around 4/6 or 4/7 for any SS action. I think I'm currently sitting on 3/5 racing brakes for RS tyres :)

Thank you for such a detailed review :)👍 and I am truly, incredibly sorry for the headaches and nightmares the brakes gave you :guilty:
Here, hope these help....
images
:lol: :D :cheers:.

Review of @shaunm80 's M5 '08

I like the BMW's and have played with this model a little. It is a powerful, fast ride that looks good doing it. The only thing more amazing than the speed this tune would carry into and through the corner, was how little throttle it would accept on the exit. Just the slightest bit too much would make it spin in a heart beat. While this is backwards to what I prefer, I stuck with it and was rewarded with some good laps and a lot of fun. The brakes were spot on and perfect balance. The gears fit all the tracks well. Nice ride bud!

Testing done on RH tires with ABS1

Deep Forest Reverse 1:14.570

Every thing always went well...right up till I mashed the gas on the up hill corner. Instant spin every time! (yep..its consistant!) Once you were over the hump, perfect braking under the underpass and into the corner. From here on I made a ton of red laps for jumping on the gas...this car has to be straight to jump on the gas. EVERYTIME!

Trial Mountain 1:27.297

Same here, no suprises. If anything, more care has to be taken with the throttle with the uphill/downhill corners. The corner speed is still very fast.

Grand Valley 1:52.997

My in experience at this track really showed up with this car. Did my best, wish it had been better.

I am sure this tune's times would improve from more track time, and more laps at GVR. I will probably try it again down the road and see how much I have improved. It was a great ride and a lot of fun. Thanks and great job Shanum80. :):) 👍👍

Last edited:
:banghead: I knew I forgot to do something :dunce: Oil change now listed 👍 Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the spots :cheers:

So you didn't like me brakes then!? :odd: I can't say I'm too surprised :guilty:, I would probably be saying the same thing to myself.....Way too high for the tyres :crazy: :embarrassed:. They do not too bad in a straight line from what I remember, but, yeah, not too hot if you're needing to touch them with the wheels turned (especially with such an aggressive front camber angle :dopey:) I'll have a little look-see when I get on later and see what adjustments I can make :) Probably something like 1/2 or 1/3 for RH and a switch to normal brakes around 4/6 or 4/7 for any SS action. I think I'm currently sitting on 3/5 racing brakes for RS tyres :)

Thank you for such a detailed review :)👍 and I am truly, incredibly sorry for the headaches and nightmares the brakes gave you :guilty:
Here, hope these help....
images
:lol: :D :cheers:.

Yep. Did the trick. :) I don't know what will happen if its softened up a little. Its just one of those tunes thats a little above my pay grade. I bet if you can ease it up a little, a ton of people will like it and drive it. Really was a fun time!

P.S. I painted it a pearl yellow that was as close to Caution Yellow as I could find....seemed fitting! :lol:

Last edited:
I forgot to do this one, 1:22.479 @Thorin Cain NSX R '02 (575PP) at Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, I like to say this car is like a rocket but first you have to get use to it for a couple of laps and then floor it at the start, it handles very nice around the corners like its on rails but do not push this car to hard in the corners or you will loose it. Overall this Honda NSX R '02 has no issues with me if you drive it right and good job Sir :).

Wow, busy busy busy. You've done Some testing I see. You are always more than welcome to jump in and give your impressions, that's what it's all about. No pressure, no competition, just good fun with some good tunes. Glad to have you on board, I will get your review linked and your times added. Good lap times as well. Thanks for fighting my NSX, it was intended for flat track use and does not adapt well to some of these tracks, or to the driving style of some. And you would not be the first to struggle with it. GVS might serve it better, but still a great lap time so thank you for the feedback.👍

More toys for the masses to play with, awesome. Will try and get to them soon, but be warned, the C63 and me don't mix well:crazy:.
Maybe yours will change my mind.:nervous:
Review of @shaunm80 's M5 '08

I like the BMW's and have played with this model a little. It is a powerful, fast ride that looks good doing it. The only thing more amazing than the speed this tune would carry into and through the corner, was how little throttle it would accept on the exit. Just the slightest bit too much would make it spin in a heart beat. While this is backwards to what I prefer, I stuck with it and was rewarded with some good laps and a lot of fun. The brakes were spot on and perfect balance. The gears fit all the tracks well. Nice ride bud!

Testing done on RH tires with ABS1

Deep Forest Reverse 1:14.570

Every thing always went well...right up till I mashed the gas on the up hill corner. Instant spin every time! (yep..its consistant!) Once you were over the hump, perfect braking under the underpass and into the corner. From here on I made a ton of red laps for jumping on the gas...this car has to be straight to jump on the gas. EVERYTIME!

Trial Mountain 1:27.297

Same here, no suprises. If anything, more care has to be taken with the throttle with the uphill/downhill corners. The corner speed is still very fast.

Grand Valley 1:52.997

My in experience at this track really showed up with this car. Did my best, wish it had been better.

I am sure this tune's times would improve from more track time, and more laps at GVR. I will probably try it again down the road and see how much I have improved. It was a great ride and a lot of fun. Thanks and great job Shanum80. :):) 👍👍
Wicked fast times :eek:
I forgot to do this one, 1:22.479 @Thorin Cain NSX R '02 (575PP) at Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, I like to say this car is like a rocket but first you have to get use to it for a couple of laps and then floor it at the start, it handles very nice around the corners like its on rails but do not push this car to hard in the corners or you will loose it. Overall this Honda NSX R '02 has no issues with me if you drive it right and good job Sir :).
That is one fast car isn't it, great driving. And what an incredible time, are you part alien:odd:.
Will get it added, I think to the top spot :dopey:

Wow, busy busy busy. You've done Some testing I see. You are always more than welcome to jump in and give your impressions, that's what it's all about. No pressure, no competition, just good fun with some good tunes. Glad to have you on board, I will get your review linked and your times added. Good lap times as well. Thanks for fighting my NSX, it was intended for flat track use and does not adapt well to some of these tracks, or to the driving style of some. And you would not be the first to struggle with it. GVS might serve it better, but still a great lap time so thank you for the feedback.👍

More toys for the masses to play with, awesome. Will try and get to them soon, but be warned, the C63 and me don't mix well:crazy:.
Maybe yours will change my mind.:nervous:

Wicked fast times :eek:

That is one fast car isn't it, great driving. And what an incredible time, are you part alien:odd:.
Will get it added, I think to the top spot :dopey:
The Honda NSX R '02 I enjoyed driving this car because it suit my driving style, as for part alien maybe, I think I will try this car on the other 3 tracks 👍.​

@shaunm80 you have posted a ton of tunes, and thus far almost all have been tested atleast once. Still two that have slipped through the cracks that I intend to get to. And I just have to try that M5, but forgive me if I do not get to each one. Thankfully, many others have been joining in with the testing which is a tremendous help to me. But it means I have a lot of times to add and reviews to link, but it's great to see others enjoying all of these tunes.

💡 I was ready to move on to a different car but Antares26 tosses up another Elise '11 tune and I haven't had the pleasure of driving one of his cars...why not! Back to the Grand Valley Speedway I go...👍

1:55.964 - @Antares26 Lotus Elise '11 ASF Racing Mod 522pp on Racing Hard Tires. (TCS:0 ABS:1 Track: Real)

I can actually drive this car on RH tires...in fact, I prefer this tune on RH and I am significantly faster on RH vs. SS tires! This is an amazing car and driving experience...perfect in each and every way. I LOVED driving this car and with each lap more of the beauty was revealed. There was not a single section of this track that I struggled with and the tires stayed ice blue the entire time. I never wanted to force the car and I felt calm driving it. I loved the "twitchiness" that eventually shows up but instead of fighting it, I bonded with it and used it to lower my lap times. Pure driving bliss...:bowdown: (A quick note on kurbs at GVS - some work out great some are best left alone!)

I didn't like this car at all on Sport Soft Tires...the beauty and flow that the car has on RH tires completely disappears. Now the car becomes work to try and find the rhythm again and the slow corner juiciness is gone...two of the biggest assets from the RH tune.

For what it is worth department, I slapped a High Speed turbo on the car that raised the pp to 573 and changed final gear a bit but again, the soul of the car disappeared...back to 522pp I go. I now have three Elise '11 cars in my garage at different pp levels and they are all amazing! Thank you to @Otaliema @Bowtie-muscle @Antares26 for bringing this amazing car to me that I thought I "hated"...awesome work all three of you! 👍

:cheers:

@shaunm80 you have posted a ton of tunes, and thus far almost all have been tested atleast once. Still two that have slipped through the cracks that I intend to get to. And I just have to try that M5, but forgive me if I do not get to each one. Thankfully, many others have been joining in with the testing which is a tremendous help to me. But it means I have a lot of times to add and reviews to link, but it's great to see others enjoying all of these tunes.
I have posted a lot of tunes but I won't be posting any more this month in all likelihood. I appreciate all the reviews you have done but I do hope that you can tame the M5 more than others have done. Great job for all the reviews you have done so far by the way. :)

I have posted a lot of tunes but I won't be posting any more this month in all likelihood. I appreciate all the reviews you have done but I do hope that you can tame the M5 more than others have done. Great job for all the reviews you have done so far by the way. :)
Month is almost over, but of course more from this month's and last can be added at anytime. I just would like to see each get at least one review or lap time. So it will help me to not have to do ones that have been done, and prepare for next month. You can imagine I'm looking forward to next month if you have figured out what's next.;)

Month is almost over, but of course more from this month's and last can be added at anytime. I just would like to see each get at least one review or lap time. So it will help me to not have to do ones that have been done, and prepare for next month. You can imagine I'm looking forward to next month if you have figured out what's next.;)
I am definitely looking forward to next month and I bet the cars you choose happen to have flat floor installed. :)

Cheers for the great review buddy

Aston Martin V12 Vantage reviews:

@randyrockstiff -550pp SS
Surprisingly well handling for a heavy car, you did minimal weight reduction. :eek:
I did lower the final gear to 4.300 for this track.
Rear toe being negative helped rotation.
I expected it to be looser than it is, well done.
High LSD initial I expected to hurt rotation, but it did not.
I liked this tune.
Best lap at Grand Valley Speedway 1:58.851

@shaunm80 - 600pp SS
Had to be gentle on slow corner exit, it will light up the rear wheels.
Don't brake too late, easy in-fast out works best (but gentle on throttle please).
Get exit right, and it powers down the straights nicely.
Had 3 laps within 2 tenths.
best lap at Grand Vally Speedway 1:54.364

600pp RH
Better, still just a tick loose on exit though and over curbs.
Easier to get the power down
Semi-Racing exhaust gives off a nice note :drool:
Again, most of my laps were super consistent. Most were within less than 2 tenths.
Both tunes were fun and fast, though slightly tight in the faster sweeping corners.
Best lap at Grand Valley Speedway 1:52.658

💡 I was ready to move on to a different car but Antares26 tosses up another Elise '11 tune and I haven't had the pleasure of driving one of his cars...why not! Back to the Grand Valley Speedway I go...👍

1:55.964 - @Antares26 Lotus Elise '11 ASF Racing Mod 522pp on Racing Hard Tires. (TCS:0 ABS:1 Track: Real)

I can actually drive this car on RH tires...in fact, I prefer this tune on RH and I am significantly faster on RH vs. SS tires! This is an amazing car and driving experience...perfect in each and every way. I LOVED driving this car and with each lap more of the beauty was revealed. There was not a single section of this track that I struggled with and the tires stayed ice blue the entire time. I never wanted to force the car and I felt calm driving it. I loved the "twitchiness" that eventually shows up but instead of fighting it, I bonded with it and used it to lower my lap times. Pure driving bliss...:bowdown: (A quick note on kurbs at GVS - some work out great some are best left alone!)

I didn't like this car at all on Sport Soft Tires...the beauty and flow that the car has on RH tires completely disappears. Now the car becomes work to try and find the rhythm again and the slow corner juiciness is gone...two of the biggest assets from the RH tune.

For what it is worth department, I slapped a High Speed turbo on the car that raised the pp to 573 and changed final gear a bit but again, the soul of the car disappeared...back to 522pp I go. I now have three Elise '11 cars in my garage at different pp levels and they are all amazing! Thank you to @Otaliema @Bowtie-muscle @Antares26 for bringing this amazing car to me that I thought I "hated"...awesome work all three of you! 👍

First time I've received such comments on my cars, thank you so much :D

I am very sorry for the double post but this review deserves a separate post...:mischievous:

1:58.913 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Sports Soft Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway).

Track:Real TCS:0 ABS:1

I changed final gear to 3600 to keep me from hitting the rev limiter on the long straight. Calling this a "stable" tune seems like an understatement...perfect grip with spot on handling means I drive around the track in high 1:59.xxx laps all day without a care in the world with your TCS:1 ABS:1 settings. This car handled the kurbs with no problem at all and this tune shared the same slow corner goodness that @Antares26 had with his Racing Hard tune. I wear headphones during the day or my wife would kill me and I don't recall hearing the tires stressing out at any point during the drive! Perfection...:bowdown: I set TCS:0 and there was no change to how your tune felt other than I was a full second faster!

1:56.307 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Racing Hard Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway)

This is a remarkable effort on your part to allow me to shave 2.5+ seconds off the Sports Soft tune but retain 98% of the handling characteristics of the SS tire tune! I had just a wee little bit of corner exit oversteer that I really liked and used it to lower my times. There is one dangerous kurb here towards the end that will bite down hard and cause a spin but other that, the RH tune was fine with the rest of the kurbs. I had to be just a little more aware of throttle control vs. the Sports Soft tune but adapted very quickly to ultimately have no problem with corner exit. My best time with TCS:1 was 1:56.919...

My favorite combination was the Lotus Elise '11 on Racing Hard tires with TCS:0. I now have four Elise '11 cars in my garage all set up exactly like the tuner wants and I can't wait to drive them all again! Awesome job Shaun...👍

I am very sorry for the double post but this review deserves a separate post...:mischievous:

1:58.913 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Sports Soft Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway).

I changed final gear to 3600 to keep me from hitting the rev limiter on the long straight. Calling this a "stable" tune seems like an understatement...perfect grip with spot on handling means I drive around the track in high 1:59.xxx laps all day without a care in the world with your TCS:1 ABS:1 settings. This car handled the kurbs with no problem at all and this tune shared the same slow corner goodness that @Antares26 had with his Racing Hard tune. I wear headphones during the day or my wife would kill me and I don't recall hearing the tires stressing out at any point during the drive! Perfection...:bowdown: I set TCS:0 and there was no change to how your tune felt other than I was a full second faster!

1:56.307 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Racing Hard Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway)

This is a remarkable effort on your part to allow me to shave 2.5+ seconds off the Sports Soft tune but retain 98% of the handling characteristics of the SS tire tune! I had just a wee little bit of corner exit oversteer that I really liked and used it to lower my times. There is one dangerous kurb here towards the end that will bite down hard and cause a spin but other that, the RH tune was fine with the rest of the kurbs. I had to be just a little more aware of throttle control vs. the Sports Soft tune but adapted very quickly to ultimately have no problem with corner exit. My best time with TCS:1 was 1:56.919...

My favorite combination was the Lotus Elise '11 on Racing Hard tires with TCS:0. I now have four Elise '11 cars in my garage all set up exactly like the tuner wants and I can't wait to drive them all again! Awesome job Shaun...👍

Thank you for the great reviews. Very happy to hear that you found both the SS and RH version easy to get along with. TCS 0 works with the majority of my tunes so I am told. It seems you found that out too. Great times you set by the way. :)

Back