Car of the Month October: IROC-Z Concept & SVT Cobra R

Hey thanks for the quick reply! If I remember correctly, I did all of the Tour of America races for testing, but kept going back to Laguna because it really is a lot of fun there. Was the lap time at Indy as is, or did you adjust the final gear?
My other daughter is 7 now and this brings back lots of good memories of her also. Nothing feels better :)

Hey thanks for the quick reply! If I remember correctly, I did all of the Tour of America races for testing, but kept going back to Laguna because it really is a lot of fun there. Was the lap time at Indy as is, or did you adjust the final gear?
My other daughter is 7 now and this brings back lots of good memories of her also. Nothing feels better :)
I left final as it was, 3.2 Should really work well at Laguna, but needs stretching for Indy.

I know I'm a day late, I kept tweaking the setup but couldn't make it run any better, so I decided to quit it last night and just submit it to here today. I'd love to have feedback since I'm eager to learn how to improve, really not happy with my own tunes that much. Using DS3 with all aids off btw.

viotunes '88 camaro iroc-z concept
3c2b58139a.png

(proper image will be added later)

Performance Points - 500
Max. Power (HP) - 368
Max. Torque (ft-lb) - 448
Weight (kg) - 1218
Power-to-Weight Ratio (kg/HP) - 4,42
Oil Change - N
Body Rigidity - N
Wheels - Sports Soft

Body
Downforce
- 0/0
Ballast Weight - 10
Ballast Position - 50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Hood - Standard
Windows - Weight-Reduced

Power
Power Limiter
- 99.3%
Engine Tuning - Stage 1
Computer - Sports
Exhaust - Racing
Exhaust Manifold - Isometric
Catalytic Converter - Sports
Intake - Tuned
Turbo Kit - N/A
Supercharger - N/A
N2O - Standard

Fully Customizable Transmission
Max. Speed (auto set)
1st Gear - 2.274
2nd Gear - 1.610
3rd Gear - 1.244
4th Gear - 1.015
5th Gear - 0.844
6th Gear - N/A
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - 3.125

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height
- 107/100
Spring Rate - 7.60/5.39
Dampers (Compression) - 6/4
Dampers (Extension) - 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/4
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - -0.19/0.11
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 5/4

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Initial Torque
- 10/0
Acceleration Sensitivity - 10/0
Braking Sensitivity - 7/0
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Carbon
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A

I know I'm a day late, I kept tweaking the setup but couldn't make it run any better, so I decided to quit it last night and just submit it to here today. I'd love to have feedback since I'm eager to learn how to improve, really not happy with my own tunes that much. Using DS3 with all aids off btw.

viotunes '88 camaro iroc-z concept
3c2b58139a.png

(proper image will be added later)

Performance Points - 500
Max. Power (HP) - 368
Max. Torque (ft-lb) - 448
Weight (kg) - 1218
Power-to-Weight Ratio (kg/HP) - 4,42
Oil Change - N
Body Rigidity - N
Wheels - Sports Soft

Body
Downforce
- 0/0
Ballast Weight - 10
Ballast Position - 50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Hood - Standard
Windows - Weight-Reduced

Power
Power Limiter
- 99.3%
Engine Tuning - Stage 1
Computer - Sports
Exhaust - Racing
Exhaust Manifold - Isometric
Catalytic Converter - Sports
Intake - Tuned
Turbo Kit - N/A
Supercharger - N/A
N2O - Standard

Fully Customizable Transmission
Max. Speed (auto set)
1st Gear - 2.274
2nd Gear - 1.610
3rd Gear - 1.244
4th Gear - 1.015
5th Gear - 0.844
6th Gear - N/A
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - 3.125

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height
- 107/100
Spring Rate - 7.60/5.39
Dampers (Compression) - 6/4
Dampers (Extension) - 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/4
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - -0.19/0.11
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 5/4

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Initial Torque
- 10/0
Acceleration Sensitivity - 10/0
Braking Sensitivity - 7/0
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Carbon
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A
Looks good, thanks for getting it in, since you had mentioned you would and have never before submitted I will be sure to give it a go and submit a review. May take me a few days, but you will get mentioned when I do so you'll know I posted.

@danlimski 593pp SVT Cobra review:

Another kitchen sink tune, with a suggestion to try on Deep Forest. Ok, I'm game, but I should tell you that I prefer the Reverse layout. Have since the original GT. In fact, it took me a long time to realise that the Reverse layout was not forward. So I decided to try this tune in both directions on Racing Sports as posted. Normally, one direction will be faster than the other as the feel and flow changes slightly. How will this test drive turn out?

Up first is the forward layout. Big fun here and challenging as well. Loads of rear camber help the car rotate but also make exit sometimes tricky. Stiff springs mean you need to be mindful and pay attention to the bumps, which can upset the suspension and cause it to jump sideways. Learning the braking points with the amount of grip and speed took a lap or 2. Once I got the handle on it, and learned the needed line, my times dropped. Good tune, well spread gearing and time attack joy. Ran a best lap of 1:14.280.

Now for the Reverse layout. Wow! Be careful over the crest on the front stretch just before turn 1. I caught so much air that I completely missed entry. Ok, let's restart again. Better when you brake just before the crest, great power uphill but rear jumped out halfway up. Change the line and problem solved. Very much the same overall but nmore enjoyable to me. Still have to watch the bumps, but find a good line and haul the mail. Best lap this way was 1:14.289. I call that dead even.

Driving on a flatter, smoother track may benefit the tune, but I assure you it will not be as much fun.

Last edited:
@danlimski 593pp SVT Cobra review:

Another kitchen sink tune, with a suggestion to try on Deep Forest. Ok, I'm game, but I should tell you that I prefer the Reverse layout. Have since the original GT. In fact, it took me a long time to realise that the Reverse layout was not forward. So I decided to try this tune in both directions on Racing Sports as posted. Normally, one direction will be faster than the other as the feel and flow changes slightly. How will this test drive turn out?

Up first is the forward layout. Big fun here and challenging as well. Loads of rear camber help the car rotate but also make exit sometimes tricky. Stiff springs mean you need to be mindful and pay attention to the bumps, which can upset the suspension and cause it to jump sideways. Learning the braking points with the amount of grip and speed took a lap or 2. Once I got the handle on it, and learned the needed line, my times dropped. Good tune, well spread gearing and time attack joy. Ran a best lap of 1:14.280.

Now for the Reverse layout. Wow! Be careful over the crest on the front stretch just before turn 1. I caught so much air that I completely missed entry. Ok, let's restart again. Better when you brake just before the crest, great power uphill but rear jumped out halfway up. Change the line and problem solved. Very much the same overall but nmore enjoyable to me. Still have to watch the bumps, but find a good line and haul the mail. Best lap this way was 1:14.289. I call that dead even.

Driving on a flatter, smoother track may benefit the tune, but I assure you it will not be as much fun.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you like it, Dan.

The month has passed and we are onto a new car with a new set of challenges. But one last time did come in from @viotunes right at the wire. Well, a day late actually, but he did post saying the tune was coming and I did say that I would give it a go. And I am certainly glad that I did, so here goes........

As you have all read, I have my own new personal test track, and a slightly shorter/faster version as well which I used often this month. Had a thought about a third version, even shorter and faster but keeping the same feel. So I warmed up to this tune by going there first, didn't save but have an idea of a few changes. As far as the tune goes, I had issues building the trans and getting numbers to match. I assume the trans was built partially before power parts were added, or parts were changed along the way. I never was able to get 1st close, but 2nd was. The others matched. Really liked the tune although it seemed under powered, but I have been spending time in more powerful/higher pp cars so it was to be expected. Good feeling tune which brought a desire to really test it against others. So why not where I test my own tunes?

First up, Willow Springs on SS, time adjusted to match my test in my garage. I found this tune really liked turn in, and holds the line through the corner. Never really any major over or under steer conditions which is odd here. Good tune! Some minor on throttle push on exit of you picked up the throttle slightly too quick but that's it. Trans and LSD worked extremely well as did the brakes. Really surprised at how well you managed a somewhat difficult car, nicely done. My best lap was a 1.20.579 and that's faster than my IROC under the same conditions.

But what if I throw a curve ball and take away some grip? You listed on SS, but I put on SH and had a go at Midfield. More of the same although I found out real quick the trip difference on exit. Entering last tunnel before main straight I got the rear loose, but no where else even though I tried. Great grip tune for SH! Spot on tune, no issues at all and my time kept heading south. Very versatile tune, and big surprise fun to boot. My best lap time here was also aggravating. 1:18.755, again faster than mine. Now I'm not happy, between this tune and @Wydopen , I now need to fix mine but have good idea as to how.

I don't know who you are, or where you're from, but that is one check of tune. Very impressed and glad I got to enjoy it. Now, you had better deliver us another treat in a future car of the month, would be a waste to not show off your tuning ability. Great job 👍

Last edited:
Thank you very much for taking the time to test the tune, I'm surprised by the positive review because I always feel like the cars I make are sort of flawed, I guess I can't really ever make it perfect. I'm already working on the Lotus and I'll just keep it for a bit more and see if I can improve it further.

Thank you very much for taking the time to test the tune, I'm surprised by the positive review because I always feel like the cars I make are sort of flawed, I guess I can't really ever make it perfect. I'm already working on the Lotus and I'll just keep it for a bit more and see if I can improve it further.
Was a really REALLY good tune in my opinion.
Look forward to your Evora too.:)

Latest Posts

Back