**CAR OF THE WEEK! Friday 24/02/12**

United Kingdom
Manchester/England
webbithegooner
Announcing the third of the weekly series of CAR OF THE WEEK!

A chance for everyone on GTPlanet to get behind the wheel of the same car, give it a thorough going over. The aim is to get people driving what they wouldn't usually drive, or have been overlooked. They may be great, they may be terrible, but as part of GT5 they deserve discussion right here.

People can show off their amazing photos, trade tuning tips, race one another and review that weeks nominated car. Lap times can be posted, top speeds and acceleration times compared and tips on handling discussed.

This is an experimental idea and the format is subject to change or development. The picking of the cars is still under discussion and any offers of help with this from anyone who has more GTPlanet experience than me (which is pretty much everyone!) would be very much appreciated.

So, without further ado, this weeks star car of the week.

Thanks to McClarenDesign efforts in last weeks COTY thread which can be found HERE, I nominated him to come up with the choice for this week. So this weeks superstar car is.....

Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) ‘00
(The car that's the star of Initial D!)

images

After taking out two lovely Italian ladies, we have this tomboy with an attitude. An icon to many, a dull shopper to others, its a car that inspired a movement.

For now I will be asking what I consider to be the best poster on the topic that week (by Thursday!) to choose the next car, so I hope that gives you all a little motivation to contribute! And should anyone arrange any COTW races, feel free to advertise them here.

Nice! Another car I haven't tried out yet in GT5... although I'm not sure why, as it is pretty famous. Looking forward to see what this one can do. Great thread, so far 3 for 3 for cars I have never taken out yet. Thanks!

Have a good one :)

I'll have to see if I have one hiding in my garage somewhere. Good choice.
If you don't I'm pretty sure I have a couple of them so I can send you one.👍👍

Question for Turismo and/or McLaren are we just reviewing the tuner version of this car which is like a '00 or are we also looking at the original car which is an '83?

By the way I just checked and I have 5 of the S. Shigeno Ver. all untouched and ranging from 0 miles to 1,100miles so if someone needs one let me know.:D

'Tis a good job I got this in on my tuning comparison.

Was rather slow in said comparison though...realistically it should be right on the Spoon Civic Type R's nose, but in fact for most of the Route X tests it was only ahead of the TRD Celica and Spoon CR-Z which obviously are slower.

Still, AE86. So 👍

To celebrate the car, the Fusterkluc Speed Stars will be hosting a room tonight starting at 11p CST. The title of the room will be "Mt. Fusterkluc", and is a togue track. PP will be the only limitation, so feel free to bring other cars for comparisons and photo shoots.

MtFusterkluc-1.jpg

The track will be set at 7:30p, and we will give everyone 1 hour for testing and tuning, before we start the grudge matches. Drift teams are encouraged to send their best drivers. All races, duels, etc. will need to be organized through me, so let me know what you've got planned so I can help you make it happen.

If you have questions, PM me here or on the PSN. See you there.

Last edited:
Oh NO! I have just been searching and I DON'T HAVE ONE!

Anyone willing to trade one? I have quite a lot of stuff to give in return.

Annoying, as I have plenty of AE86's :crazy:

Oh NO! I have just been searching and I DON'T HAVE ONE!

Anyone willing to trade one? I have quite a lot of stuff to give in return.

Annoying, as I have plenty of AE86's :crazy:
Send me a FR I'll try and get back online and send you one.👍👍

Takami Fujiwara
If they want me to call it an Eight-Six, it should say "Eight-Six." I'm not the freakin Car Whisperer.

Nuff said. Hope to see you guys tonight at the track.

Ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh, I'm drifting! I'm finally drifting!
Weeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
You realize this car is the only reason we have drifting don't you? Once they figured out that the only way it could actually take corners at speeds above 25mph was sideways they had to create a reason for that and a competition it could actually win...thus drifting was born!:lol::lol::lol:

The most overrated Japanese car of all time:P. I should enjoy this one, the Alfa from last week wasn't really my cup of tea, and I'm not entirely sure why..

About drifting, I saw a Japanese movie where a guy drifts over a mountain and he isn't allowed to spill his drink in the centre console. Is that where this car is from or a cartoon? Sorry for my ignorance.

About drifting, I saw a Japanese movie where a guy drifts over a mountain and he isn't allowed to spill his drink in the centre console. Is that where this car is from or a cartoon? Sorry for my ignorance.

It's called Initial D. I think it's still on Netflix. That's the one.

McClarenDesign
To celebrate the car, the Fusterkluc Speed Stars will be hosting a room tonight starting at 11p CST. The title of the room will be "Mt. Fusterkluc", and is a togue track. PP will be the only limitation, so feel free to bring other cars for comparisons and photo shoots.

The track will be set at 7:30p, and we will give everyone 1 hour for testing and tuning, before we start the grudge matches. Drift teams are encouraged to send their best drivers. All races, duels, etc. will need to be organized through me, so let me know what you've got planned so I can help you make it happen.

If you have questions, PM me here or on the PSN. See you there.

The room is up, and all are welcome to join.

1472 6118 3830 2746 4376

good to know, is it up for the week or just tonight? hoping to get on psn soon but might not get to tonight. Hey XDesperado67, i could use one of those spares. I put the chassis reinforcement on mine only one!

comandorando87
good to know, is it up for the week or just tonight? hoping to get on psn soon but might not get to tonight. Hey XDesperado67, i could use one of those spares. I put the chassis reinforcement on mine only one!

Im hosting right now, but the track is my shared track, so I can add you and you can download it. Just send me a FR when you get your system up.

If anyone is interested in a GTP review of the track, here is TimberW's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offers guys, have accepted FR's but as is I guess typical of the occasion, guess what turns up in my UCD today!

See you at the track soon!

@comandorando87 I'll send you one on Sunday. Already promised to send one today to someone else.

I've got one more car I can give away if someone is looking for it.👍👍

symustafa1996
Hey! I just used this car for the Kart Space time trial event today! Great handling car, if a bit too under powered.

I used a Prius. :)

Then I jumped straight back into the sliding slider car. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Back