Car Settings

Something that will help with understeer would be nice. The game understeers obsessively at times.

Here's one for you: I'm in the GT1 Toyota '98 and at the long sweeping turn at Rome Full Course I am having understeer at 110 ?? But at the next corner I can make it at 155. The second is a tighter turn too. I'm not sure how much if any of the turns bank. I am not sure what is going on but moments like that really annoy me.

I much prefer oversteer.

(Edited by Talentless at 10:06 am on June 9, 2001)

Try using softer tires at the back, thats what F1 teams kind of do at the start of the race by haveing scrubbed tyres on the front and new on the rear to lessen understeer.

I always use SS for both ends.  So, you think I should try a harder tire on the front instead?

I have a few car settings which i have done. But they are tuned mostly for top speed.
If you want more, then take a look at my website. We have quite a few there now.

OK.

Should I make the car lower in front and higher in the back?

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I usually just assume I'm the one with the problem - not the car!  :)

I don't even try to see if I have understeer. Example: Midfield raceway, the 2nd to last turn, the chicane, I just drive right through it, you gotta turn some what but I just bolt though it, gives me higher places and better times, sme with Trail Mountain on the last turn. I guess you could say I cheat a bit eh?

Ah, maybe.  I love that last chicane at Midfield.  If you hit it just right you can really shave off a lot of time.

Yup, and I just about always hit it just right. If you turn a little bit coming off the last patch of grass there, the rear will slide out a bit just enough to straighten you out and you save all kinds of time, tht or you go spinng into the wall and finish 6th.

try stiffening the rear stabalizers and dampers to induce oversteer and i would not recommend using a softer tire in the rear it will probably make the problem worse

It does work but you only see the difference on the more powerful rear wheel drive cars. Sometimes too much grip at the front causes too much understeer and with more grip at the back, you can turn in easier.

Back