Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,632 views
Updated the Alpina pic, as I promised.

Tasteless mods: here, two on one photo. And the right Lada's back is even more ugly.
1781048_857725554243439_1174145068_o.jpg

1898727_857725550910106_1912667445_o.jpg
 
Here are my final submissions. I don't plan on going anywhere tomorrow, so no chance for fastest car (best I've seen is a base C6) or the Evoque.

#1. Any purple car (The Eclipse on the right)
20140327_102834-jpg.133514


#2. Fastest car (N/A)

#3. Tasteless modifications
20140327_102834-jpg.133514

20140327_104026-jpg.133513


#4. A car with the badge "GT"
2014-03-27-10-46-05-jpg.133512


#5. Any British car (Jaguar)
2014-03-25-12-47-14-jpg.132695


Bonus Car: Range Rover Evoque (N/A)
 
My final submissions.
image.jpg

G8 GT
image.jpg

Questionable Hyundai
image.jpg

British mini.
image.jpg

Purple car mercury tracer
Fastest car 60s Vette count?
image.jpg
 
You might want to check the top speed on the Vette? The G8 GT could likely be higher?
 
You might want to check the top speed on the Vette? The G8 GT could likely be higher?
I already did. 122 MPH, claimed by Chevrolet.
I'm pretty sure the GMC hauling it is faster...
 
Nvm, I derped.
 
It was just a thought. I guess the top speed does not matter anyway, more the fact that you have a entry.👍
 
Spotting is getting better now that the snow is melting and it's warmer.
 
Pretty sure I won't be going out today, so I'll just post what I have.

British car, how about a Spitfire
image.jpg


Purple car, PT Cruiser. I didn't wanna be caught taking a picture of this so sorry about the quality. :p
image.jpg


GT, Mustang GT, I think I actually got two in this shot.
image.jpg


Fastest car, well the Mustang is the fastest car I got so let's just use that (limited at 155)
image.jpg


Questionable modifications, surprisingly nothing. Can never get to my phone to get a pic when I see them.

Bonus car, nope nothing
 
My final submissions are:

1. Purple car - none (everything looking like purple was too dirty :D )
2. Fastest car - BMW Alpina B7 E38
1403242_857725547576773_884521708_o.jpg


3. Tasteless mods - Lada 2105
1781048_857725554243439_1174145068_o.jpg


1898727_857725550910106_1912667445_o.jpg


4. GT car - none, not even a silly Celica or Skyline. :(
5. British car - Range Rover Evoque
1965601_857593974256597_930154786_o.jpg


Bonus car:
1965601_857593974256597_930154786_o.jpg
 
Here go my final spots
1: Any purple car. An extra point if it cost over £75,000 (or equivalent in your currency) when new.
Sorry about the horrible picture, you can see the purple though
13460289674_bb99126421.jpg

13459921415_01b38a2ed1.jpg

2: Fastest car, measured by top speed. Must be a production car with no major performance mods.
99c5c21694e911e398e11297a3d38eb7_8.jpg

I gto anything from 180 to 188 online. the 188 was GPS verified


3: Anything with really tasteless modifications. Something worthy of the questionable mods thread.
this was even worse from the side but I couldn't get a better pic
13515788593_77b1037d36.jpg


4: GT car. A car badged as a "GT." It must have GT in the model name or be the GT trim level.
13516044634_437fe742c3.jpg


5: Something British. Vauxhalls don't count.
13413974623_a10ef55b31.jpg


Bonus: Range Rover Evoque
It's a REALLY bad picture since it was really far away but you can see the "RANGE ROVER" and the evoque outline so hopefully it counts
13516025264_6097854e4e.jpg
 
The Evoque counts, @motortrend


I have a question for everyone participating in this. Who has NOT yet submitted their spots? I haven't submitted mine yet because I'm going downtown tonight, but I don't want to tally all of the results and learn that someone still had spots to submit.
 
The Evoque counts, @motortrend


I have a question for everyone participating in this. Who has NOT yet submitted their spots? I haven't submitted mine yet because I'm going downtown tonight, but I don't want to tally all of the results and learn that someone still had spots to submit.
I haven't yet, Does my CTS-V count?

I'm 99.99% sure it doesn't :indiff:
 
I haven't yet, Does my CTS-V count?

I'm 99.99% sure it doesn't :indiff:

No, sorry. I can hardly tell it's a Cadillac let alone a CTS-V.
 
@xXKingJoshXx I was thinking the official deadline is 10 PM EST. That gives you/us enough time to tally and possibly get the new categories up by Monday morning.

Can I tally again? It's kinda fun
 
@xXKingJoshXx I was thinking the official deadline is 10 PM EST. That gives you/us enough time to tally and possibly get the new categories up by Monday morning.

Can I tally again? It's kinda fun
EST or EDT?
 
I'd better get my pathetic spots up. Just a minute.

British Car:
Mini Marcos
WP_001125_zpsb20bea87.jpg


Purple Car:
Renault Modus
WP_001135_zpsadf52634.jpg


I realise it looks black in this photo, I assure you it's dark purple. If you do a quick search you can find some examples. :)
 
Last edited:
@xXKingJoshXx I was thinking the official deadline is 10 PM EST. That gives you/us enough time to tally and possibly get the new categories up by Monday morning.

Sounds good. 👍

Can I tally again? It's kinda fun

Please! :lol: I don't think I can tally by myself without messing something up.

EST or EDT?

EDT, since that's what I'm on.

Edit: I'm in for the night, so I'll add my spots in a bit.
 
Ok, so. this is what I got..

No Evoque! :ouch:

Highest top speed..Chevrolet C7 Convertible 195ish? (Photographed Monday)

DSCN1994.JPG


Questionable Mod...Chevrolet Stallion (Photographed Thursday)

DSCN2020.JPG


British Car..Jag E-Type (Photographed Monday)

DSCN1989.JPG


GT badged car..GT/CS Mustang (Photographed Monday)

DSCN2015.JPG



Purple Car...Chevrolet Corvette C4 (Photographed Sunday)

Half cars count?:scared:

DSCN2068.JPG

 
Oops, almost forgot to submit my spots. Here we go.

1: Any purple car. An extra point if it cost over £75,000 (or equivalent in your currency) when new.

Pontiac something. I almost put in a picture of a plum crazy Charger R/T and then remembered that I took the picture at a dealership...

IMG_3303.JPG


2: Fastest car, measured by top speed. Must be a production car with no major performance mods.

'13/'14 GT500, 202mph

IMG_3326.JPG


3: Anything with really tasteless modifications. Something worthy of the questionable mods thread.

Deer skull w/ antlers on hood, awful paint job, matching rims...

IMG_3262.JPG


4: GT car. A car badged as a "GT." It must have GT in the model name or be the GT trim level.

Mustang GT

IMG_3235.JPG


5: Something British. Vauxhalls don't count.

IMG_3287.JPG


Bonus: Range Rover Evoque

IMG_3320.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3324.JPG
    IMG_3324.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 6
Would've posted this but I submitted a G8 GT.
image.jpg
 
Deadline is 37 minutes from this post.
 
Excuse my 2nd grader quality handwriting, but do these scores seem right? And have I forgotten anyone?

View attachment 134930
This is what I got.

#1 Any purple car: xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, Beeblebrox237, motortrend, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#2 Fastest car (only 1 winner, unless tie): xXKingJoshXx[Shelby GT500]
#3 A car with tasteless mods: GT916, xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, motortrend, Rage racer, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#4 A car with a "GT" badge: xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, motortrend, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#5 Any British car: GT916, xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, Beeblebrox237, motortrend, Rage Racer, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
Bonus Car (Range Rover Evoque): xXKingJoshXx, motortrend, Rage Racer,

@xXKingJoshXx 6 points
@playnthru 4 points
@Beeblebrox237 2 points
@motortrend 5 points
@ilikewaffles11 3 points
@Gotbeefboy564 4 points
@ildd 4 points
@Rage Racer 3 points
@GranTurismo916 2 points

I think I can confirm that we have a wiener.

What happened to @Doog?
 
Last edited:
Back