Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,632 views
This is what I got.

#1 Any purple car: xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, Beeblebrox237, motortrend, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#2 Fastest car (only 1 winner, unless tie): xXKingJoshXx[Shelby GT500]
#3 A car with tasteless mods: GT916, xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, motortrend, Rage racer, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#4 A car with a "GT" badge: xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, motortrend, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
#5 Any British car: GT916, xXKingJoshXx, playnthru, Beeblebrox237, motortrend, Rage Racer, ilikewaffles11, gotbeefboy564, ildd,
Bonus Car (Range Rover Evoque): xXKingJoshXx, motortrend, Rage Racer,

@xXKingJoshXx 6 points
@playnthru 4 points
@Beeblebrox237 2 points
@motortrend 5 points
@ilikewaffles11 3 points
@Gotbeefboy564 4 points
@ildd 4 points
@Rage Racer 3 points
@GranTurismo916 2 points

I think I can confirm that we have a wiener.

What happened to @Doog?

So I won, correct? I already have my categories made up (except I still have to think of a bonus car) so should I post them tonight or should I wait until tomorrow?
 
Tonight so I can start spotting tomorrow when I drive to school.
 
So I won, correct? I already have my categories made up (except I still have to think of a bonus car) so should I post them tonight or should I wait until tomorrow?
Yes.
I'd post them now. For a bonus car, just google any car company and find a model that they have for sale :lol:
 
Are these categories OK with everyone?

--

1. Supachahged! Any car that was supercharged from the factory.

2. Lift me up! Any car/truck/SUV that has an aftermarket lift kit.

3. Sleeper! High performance version of a pretty mundane car. ex. Ford Focus ST, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Chevrolet Impala SS, etc.

4. Where's the radiator? Any air-cooled car.

5. It's titanic! Longest car by length, not wheelbase. No SUVs or trucks allowed.

Bonus: Mercedes-Benz G-Class
 
Are these categories OK with everyone?

--

1. Supachahged! Any car that was supercharged from the factory.

2. Lift me up! Any car/truck/SUV that has an aftermarket lift kit.

3. Sleeper! High performance version of a pretty mundane car. ex. Ford Focus ST, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Chevrolet Impala SS, etc.

4. Where's the radiator? Any air-cooled car.

5. It's titanic! Longest car by length, not wheelbase. No SUVs or trucks allowed.

Bonus: Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Yes
lol yes
possibly
I'm going to have to brush up on my air-cooled knowledge
Do limo's count?
🤬 you :lol:
 
Good for me there's a ton of lifted trucks at my auto tech college.
 
Do limo's count?

If you're talking about a limo like this:

limo-ins.jpg


then no.

A limo like this would be fine, though:

Mercedes-Benz-S63_AMG-2014-wallpaper.jpg



ildd

<3
 
It's not fair... I always want to see G-classes and I've only seen 2 my entire life :lol:Most people here buy BMW X5's or Land Rovers for their luxury SUV.
 
It's not fair... I always want to see G-classes and I've only seen 2 my entire life :lol:Most people here buy BMW X5's or Land Rovers for their luxury SUV.

Sorry :lol: I see 1 or 2 every week, usually.
 
Would 90s Chevy caprices count for long cars?
 
:lol: Haven't seen many smarts around tbh.
 
Those are pretty hard, the only G wagen I see on a daily basis si over near my aunt's house so I guess I'll have to visit her more often next week. The lifted truck and air cooled will also be pretty hard
EDIT: is the long car like the top speed one or is it pretty much a free point since it's the longest one each person has spotted?
 
For air cooled we can use new 911s right?
 
....No, because they're not air-cooled.

Any 911 before the 99...6? is fair game.
 
G-Class - too easy for me.
Lifted UAZ and Focus ST aren't a problem, too.
Gotta find an AMG, a 750iL and a Zaporozhets and it's all done.
 
G-Class would be easy for me if I go to a shopping center. Also, air-cooled will be easy because there's a guy that's about 10 minutes away from my house with a Karmann Ghia. (Can I just use the picture I took last week? I have tons of pics. :p)
 
Last edited:
So, I'm opening it.

Lifted car - tried to find an UAZ for variety in this thread, but this was seen earlier.
K5 Blazer.
1966128_858923054123689_1475865784_o.jpg

1597737_858923060790355_803179897_o.jpg

Ooh, the weather really sucks today :sick:

Air-cooled car: LuAZ 969M "Volhynia"
1654702_858923057457022_589999810_o.jpg


Long car: Jaguar XJ L (206.6 in / 5,248 mm), may be also supercharged but not sure.
Spotted today, but not snowing yet.
10010845_858890754126919_1619379541_o.jpg


A supercharger car (if the Jag is not), a sleeper and a G-Wagen are remaining.
 
Is a Dodge Ram considered "mundane?" If not, what about cars that were tuned by aftermarket companies (ex. Roush Mustang)?
 
Is a Dodge Ram considered "mundane?"

Yes. Are you talking about the SRT-10 being the high-performance version?

ildd
If not, what about cars that were tuned by aftermarket companies (ex. Roush Mustang)?

No.
 
Abarths count for sleepers right?
 
Here's long cars.
image.jpg

Caprice vs
image.jpg

Cadillac which one is longer?
 
The Caprice is longer by almost 4.5 inches. I didn't realize how long those were, either! Almost as long as the TC.
 
Grand Prix v8, supercharged?
image.jpg
 
No, but some of the V6 models came with superchargers, certain GT and GTP models included. Not all of them were, however, and you should probably look here and other places about Pontiacs on Wikipedia if you want to get a supercharged Pontiac.


--

Also, Roush, Callaway, Hennessey, Shelby, etc. do not count.
 
Forgot to submit last night... I wouldn't have won anyway
 
Here's a sleeper.
image.jpg

Caprice wagon.
 
Back