Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,603 views
Question: I've only gotten one vehicle (G-Wagen), and it doesn't seem like I'm gonna see anything else interesting this week based off the past few days. Is it even worth posting one spot?
It's up to you, really. There's no issue with it either way.
 
Ask me about how I chased a G Wagon six city blocks last night to get close enough for a picture.
 
Ask me about how I chased a G Wagon six city blocks last night to get close enough for a picture.

That would be awkward if it turned out to be a drug dealer. Perhaps a little worse than awkward... :scared:
 
Well, then. (This is a better picture of the CSTS-V that was invalidated for the previous round)

Sleeper + Supercharged:
CTS-V.jpg


This car is ridiculously hard to get with my stupid slow Galaxy SII camera.
 
Last edited:
STS V is also supercharged.
 
Never heard of the STS-V.
 
Was only on sale for a couple years, been gone for awhile now. VERY rare and a good spot.

STS-V Production Numbers

2006 - 1,306 Total - 55 were exported to various countries

2007 - 642 Total - 65 were exported to various countries

2008 - 459 Total - 32 were exported to various countries

2009 - 96 total - 4 were exported to Gulf States (BAHRAIN,OMAN,QATAR,UAE)

Total productuion 2,503 Units
 
Got good news and bad news.
Good news- I saw not one, but two G-classes while at the Astros game.
Bad news- phone was at 2% and when I wanted to take a pic a message came up saying "Low Battery" and shut it off.
:rolleyes:
Oh, the amount of missed spots today :cry:
 
That's an STS-V. ;)
STS V is also supercharged.
Was only on sale for a couple years, been gone for awhile now. VERY rare and a good spot.

STS-V Production Numbers

2006 - 1,306 Total - 55 were exported to various countries

2007 - 642 Total - 65 were exported to various countries

2008 - 459 Total - 32 were exported to various countries

2009 - 96 total - 4 were exported to Gulf States (BAHRAIN,OMAN,QATAR,UAE)

Total productuion 2,503 Units
Well this is good news! Thanks guys. :)
 
Mothers coming to visit this weekend.:D

Getting started on this now.



1. Supachahged! Any car that was supercharged from the factory.

SVT Cobra Mustang/ Factory roots type supercharger (photoed Wednesday)

DSCN2238.JPG


2. Lift me up! Any car/truck/SUV that has an aftermarket lift kit.

Early Ford Bronco/Lift kit, Big Tires(photoed Monday)

DSCN2125.JPG


3. Sleeper! High performance version of a pretty mundane car. ex. Ford Focus ST, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Chevrolet Impala SS, etc.

Cadillac CTS-V/Coupé(photoed Tuesday)

DSCN2158.JPG



4. Where's the radiator? Any air-cooled car.

Porsche 930 Turbo (photoed Wednesday)

DSCN2212.JPG



5. It's titanic! Longest car by length, not wheelbase. No SUVs or trucks allowed.

1965? Cadillac CoupéDeVille (wiki says 224 inches. Photoed Monday)

DSCN2161.JPG


Bonus: Mercedes-Benz G-Class


G500/Bentley (photoed Monday)

DSCN2116.JPG
 
Civic SI for a good sleeper?
image.jpg

image.jpg
 
@ildd What the hell? Your quote had these pictures in it:

test-jpg.5


clip20002-jpg.6



Anyways, I'd have to say no to the Si.
 
@ildd What the hell? Your quote had these pictures in it:




Anyways, I'd have to say no to the Si.
:lol: :lol: I thought I took the numbers out of the "attachment" tag and I must have left a number there :lol:
Those were the 5th and 6th uploads to the forum.
 
As long as nobody finds a longer car, I just need a G Wagon, an Air-cooled and a supercharger and I'm good.
 
Would this be acceptable for the performance version of a mundane car? It's an Alpina B7.

image.jpg
 
Would this be acceptable for the performance version of a mundane car? It's an Alpina B7.

View attachment 137116

Sorry, no. It's like a Shelby, if that makes sense. Surely there's a billion Monte Carlo SS' etc. roaming around Pennsylvania like there are here, no?
 
@playnthru

That Bronco is not lifted. That's stock height, just has big tires on it so it looks taller.
 
Sorry, no. It's like a Shelby, if that makes sense. Surely there's a billion Monte Carlo SS' etc. roaming around Pennsylvania like there are here, no?

Ah no problem, just checking. There are indeed, but I got this instead.

image.jpg
 
I...I can't believe it. I got the bonus car.
20140405_212413.jpg
 
My final submissions:
Lifted - K5 Blazer.
1966128_858923054123689_1475865784_o.jpg

1597737_858923060790355_803179897_o.jpg


Air-cooled car: LuAZ 969M "Volhynia"
1654702_858923057457022_589999810_o.jpg
Supercharged - Range Rover (the badge on the back leaves no doubt)
1965550_859677474048247_299352834_o.jpg


Long car (212.37 in / 5,394 mm) - Bentley Arnage
Gotta look for a GAZ Chaika 14 to win this. :grumpy:
1965550_859677460714915_1243099111_o.jpg


Sleeper - BMW X6M, counts?
1233090_859677470714914_1097683247_o.jpg


Gelandewagen - here. Easy.
1498054_859677467381581_1625638375_o.jpg
 
Back