Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,539 views
1. Ok...
2. :scared:
3. That should be ok.
4. Lol nope
5. I doubt it.
Bonus - ggguuhhhh
 
I don't think that #4 will be as hard as some think. Especially when it doesn't even have to be running.
I see a bunch of Sky's/solstices but have heard they're rare elsewhere. (Not that it matters, I can't win)
 
It's going to be REALLY hard to find a solstice, the rest are doable though
 
I don't think that #4 will be as hard as some think. Especially when it doesn't even have to be running.
Dude, I live in NY close to NJ, not the middle of nowhere (although it is close.)
 
C300s don't have 500 hp right?
image.jpg
 
Nope, 329hp. Think the only Mercedes that would count are the S600 or any of the AMG ones.
 
I knew they didn't I was just making sure.
 
Lack of participation this week? :lol:


I didn't have much luck myself.


1. How low can you go- The lowest roofline of a car from the factory. Only one winner; will be judged by posted dimensions at Edmunds.com

Corvette C3, 47.8"

IMG_0848.JPG



2. Family Fun- Find a 4-door with at least 550 HP.

lolno

3. Autobahning- Get a picture of three German cars in one picture. One extra point if taken on the highway, freeway, autobahn, etc.

nop

4. Americarna- Find an American car that was made prior to 1954.

no

5. Blingity Bloogity- Car with an excessive amount of chrome added on.

No, this isn't my mom's truck.

IMG_0856.JPG



BONUS- Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

Every time I saw one, I didn't even think to take a picture...
 
We still have 45 minutes. It would be funny if I won with only 2 cars, though. :lol:
 
1. C7 vertible
image.jpg

2. Nope
3. Nope
4. Nope
5. Nope
Bonus nope.
This round sucked.
 
The only ones I got were Autobahning and how low can you go.

13986014259_b0d690ccf7_b.jpg

There's a fourth Jetta ahead of the Forester.

14201334935_6179623a35_b.jpg

46.6 inches.
 
Didn't get a chance to do any car spotting this week so I've got nothing. :p
 
1. How low can you go- The lowest roofline of a car from the factory. Only one winner; will be judged by posted dimensions at Edmunds.com
Nope.
2. Family Fun- Find a 4-door with at least 550 HP.
Haha no.
3. Autobahning- Get a picture of three German cars in one picture. One extra point if taken on the highway, freeway, autobahn, etc.
Neuuu
4. Americarna- Find an American car that was made prior to 1954.
Old_Car[1].jpg

5. Blingity Bloogity- Car with an excessive amount of chrome added on.
nooo

BONUS- Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky
Saturn Sky.png
 
1. How low can you go- The lowest roofline of a car from the factory. Only one winner; will be judged by posted dimensions at Edmunds.com

Corvette C7 is pretty low? IDK?

DSCN3983.JPG


2. Family Fun- Find a 4-door with at least 550 HP.

BMW M6 560 HP?

DSCN4048.JPG


3. Autobahning- Get a picture of three German cars in one picture. One extra point if taken on the highway, freeway, autobahn, etc.

US Highway 1/Southbound lane (AKA Santa Rosa street as it passes through SLO.) *crop job*

DSCN4208.JPG


4. Americarna- Find an American car that was made prior to 1954.

1932 Ford

DSCN4227.JPG


5. Blingity Bloogity- Car with an excessive amount of chrome added on.

This is a judgement call? Mini truck, not really excessive chrome. It's all I had.:lol:

DSCN4047.JPG

BONUS- Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

DSCN4151.JPG
DSCN4015.JPG
 
1) Sport Compact Car 90's. Any sport compact car from 1990-99. FWD or RWD.

2) No replacement for displacement.
Largest displacement factory engine. Cars only.

3) All my friends drive low riders.
Any lowered vehicle, lower the better.

4) Exhausted!!
Quad exhaust, side pipes are great. Simple duals are not!

5) Pardon me, do have any...
Limousines

BONUS

Any three Jaguars.



 
Should be easy except for 3 and 5. What do you mean by any three jags?
 
Any jag counts.

Post up to three bonus cars. Is what I meant.
 
This one should be decent for me. 👍
 
Got #4 today and the bonus is pretty easy at least one. The limo will be a little hard though.
 
4) Exhausted!! Quad exhaust, side pipes are great. Simple duals are not!

This one is confusing me. Are we looking for these:


2013-SRT-Viper-exhaust-and-rim.jpg


Or these?

vemp_1003_05_o%2B2006_chevy_corvette_c6%2Bquad_exhaust_tips.jpg


Or these?

2007-Mercedes-Benz-SLR-McLaren-SLR-Exhaust.jpg
 
Any of those are fine.

No single exit duel exhaust (one per side was).
 
Got #4
Which would be better?
image.jpg

Vette or merc?
image.jpg
 
It doesn't matter. They both count.

Also, something tells me that S class is an AMG but I don't know why it would be de-badged. Maybe @Doog could confirm.
 
It doesn't matter. They both count.

Also, something tells me that S class is an AMG but I don't know why it would be de-badged. Maybe @Doog could confirm.

Protip:

The regular S500 has four distinct, circular exhaust outlets. The S63 pictured in Beef's post has the squarish outlets, and an S65 has a sort of sideways eight-shaped exhaust.
 
So I can post that s63 in the other thread?
 
Back