Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,538 views
#2
image.jpg
w12
 
1) Sport Compact Car 90's. Any sport compact car from 1990-99. FWD or RWD.
2) No replacement for displacement. Largest displacement factory engine. Cars only.
3) All my friends drive low riders. Any lowered vehicle, lower the better.
4) Exhausted!! Quad exhaust, side pipes are great. Simple duals are not!
5) Pardon me, do have any... Limousines
BONUS

Any three Jaguars.

Just found this thread, looks interesting.

Forgive the stupid question, when is the deadline?

And the really stupid question, what is a sport compact? I'm guessing a BMW 3 Series, or an Alfa Romeo 75?
ie a smallish saloon with a reasonably powerful engine and good handling?
 
when is the deadline?

Sunday at 10:00PM EST. :)

And the really stupid question, what is a sport compact? I'm guessing a BMW 3 Series, or an Alfa Romeo 75?
ie a smallish saloon with a reasonably powerful engine and good handling?

I think so, but maybe more like a 1 or 2 series than a 3 series.
 
Sunday at 10:00PM EST. :)



I think so, but maybe more like a 1 or 2 series than a 3 series.

Thank you, although the 1 series was launched too late (I think!)
 
True, didn't even think of that.
 
Would a 1st gen Audi TT count for #1? I know it only entered production in '98, but the one I took a picture of had over 200k miles so I guess you could make a solid argument that its one of the earlier ones?:D
 
1) Sport Compact Car 90's. Any sport compact car from 1990-99. FWD or RWD.
Honda Prelude 91-96
mj60cw.jpg

2) No replacement for displacement. Largest displacement factory engine. Cars only.
Lamborghini Aventador (6,498 CC)
2f0ahoi.jpg

3) All my friends drive low riders. Any lowered vehicle, lower the better.
240 SX
spdgz5.jpg


4) Exhausted!! Quad exhaust, side pipes are great. Simple duals are not!
Take your pick..
2mxoe2x.jpg



5) Pardon me, do have any... Limousines
Yes sir, I do.
11t0n54.jpg



BONUS



Any three Jaguars.


Uno, dos, tres.
2zive55.jpg

2zfqxow.jpg

23pelj.jpg



tumblr_li6kyy8Txz1qz4axuo1_1280.png

"Good luck"
 
Missed a ford excursion limo yesterday :banghead: Still haven't gotten a hatch or jag.​
 
Fun thread, will start scavenging now, the 90's hot hatch should be easy, and audi sports so many quad exhausts its... wait a sec, I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow, with a M5, that is quad piped:D
 
Got my hatch
image.jpg

It's the red civic.
 
There isn't a hatchback category.
 
Ah for some reason I read #1 as hatchback. Does it still count?
 
Looks like an EF Civic, which on it's own isn't very sporty, but it is probably up to who picked the categories, because some might argue with proper modifications it is certainly a sport compact car. A better bet from Honda would be a Prelude or an Integra, which aren't particularly hard to find.
 
If it were an Si, you could say it's sporty, but that does not look like an Si. It meets the nineties requirement too, just barely.
 
A Neon won't count for #1, right? :lol:

EDIT: or an Eclipse?
 
1.
image.jpg

Bad pic I know
2.
image.jpg

3.
image.jpg

4.
image.jpg

5. Nope only saw one limo but missed it
Bonus
Nope saw no jags this week.
 
1) Sport Compact Car 90's. Any sport compact car from 1990-99. FWD or RWD.

I'm not sure if this will count or not but it's the closest thing I've got to a 90's sport compact.

IMG_1021.JPG


2) No replacement for displacement. Largest displacement factory engine. Cars only.

Uhh, these did come with 440's, however I don't know if this one has one or not.

IMG_1077.JPG


3) All my friends drive low riders. Any lowered vehicle, lower the better.

IMG_0921.JPG


4) Exhausted!! Quad exhaust, side pipes are great. Simple duals are not!

The SL63 has quad exhausts.

IMG_1067.JPG


5) Pardon me, do have any... Limousines

IMG_1038.JPG


BONUS

Any three Jaguars


I think I saw like 35 Jags but every time I saw one I thought "Eh, I'll just get the next one" and I finally only got these two.

IMG_0942.JPG


Next to the Buick Century
IMG_0954.JPG
 
Didn't get any this week, couldn't be bothered trying. :lol:

I honestly would've had a chance if I had bothered.
 
Is that game?
 
1. Haulin' Gas
Any fuel/tanker truck.
2. Hands Where I Can See Em!
Police Cars
3. Speed Is Everything
Any food/delivery vehicle. (Car toppers/magnets)
4. That'll Buff Out
Cars driving with excess damage.
5. We Don't Like Your Kind in These Parts
Out of state/country license plates. Winner is whoever finds a plate furthest away from their location.
Bonus
Mini Cooper Convertible
 
All except the plate one should be easy.
 
#5 will be good since I work at a hotel.:cool:
 
Well now that I'll be driving this week I have a Chace.
 
image.jpg

Colorado plate. I'm in michigan.
 
5. We Don't Like Your Kind in These Parts
Out of state/country license plates. Winner is whoever finds a plate furthest away from their location.

How is this going to be measured? Capital to capital? To use gotbeefboy's post as an example, would we measure a straight line from Lansing, Michigan to Denver, Colorado?
 
Back