Car Town!

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 456 comments
Tyger
I'm new to this but looks kinda fun, however i'm guessing I won't get very far without spamming my friends (who won't be into it at all and I hate FB game spamming), or adding people who play (each to their own but i'm not adding "friends" in FB just cause they play a little game)?

I guess i'm hoping that I can still play it even if progress is slower, and hopefully not frustratingly so, or is it going to keep trying to persuade me to spam or put money into it?

If you don't have friends that play it's just harder to build cars. I don't have any friends that play but I am level 51. There is no spamming or asking for money. The only time it will ask for money is if you try to buy something you don't have enough money for.

Can somebody explain to me how the "currency" works in this game, as i'm finding it a little unclear, and the help file doesn't help at all.

I've got to level 4 and it's kinda fun, been making money (the gold coins) with jobs, had a couple of races with Rusty, expanded the garage a little and put some stuff in. Also "recruited" 2 of my FB friends to work in my garage, though I can't see anyone really wanting to play it fully, so I guess that will make some stuff more difficult later on.

What I don't get though are the Facebook credits/blue points (i've never played FB games). I can see there are ways of buying these or earning some by completing surveys but I don't wanna do this. But I still don't understand how they differ, as clicking the survey link to earn points then shows an offer to buy facebook credits at the top of the list, with surveys/offers below. So are FB credits bought with real money, and the blue points earned by other means? And can these be earned in Car Town itself or will I always be stuck with 10 (or less if I spend any)?

Then if I look at cars to buy, some can be bought for gold coins (which I get) but others for FB credits or what I assume are the blue points again, the number is typically a lot higher than the FB credits but I guess what is throwing me is that the little blue symbol is similar but still noticably different to the one I see above for my total. Is this the same thing?

And if it is, I guess it comes down to the same question, how do you earn these blue points rather than just gold coins within the game itself, or is it impossible to do alone and requires getting friends to play, completing offers etc?

Thanks in advance!

Blue points and and Facebook credits are the same in game (if you have Facebook credits it will spend the blue points first). The blue points are used for nicer cars and all. You earn one every time you go up a level and every once in a while you can get one by watching a video. Any other questions? I think I answered them all.

Blue points and and Facebook credits are the same in game (if you have Facebook credits it will spend the blue points first). The blue points are used for nicer cars and all. You earn one every time you go up a level and every once in a while you can get one by watching a video. Any other questions? I think I answered them all.

Kinda, thanks, only thing i'm still not sure about is when you click buy cars, I realise (from earlier in the thread) that some of the better cars are a lot of real money if you want to do things that way, but even just OK cars seem to have a number of FB credits required, say 8, then a blue symbol which is a much higher number, say 200. If these are the blue points and you only earn one or two here and there for levelling up etc. those prices are way high? Or does that refer to something else, and FB/blue point price is always exactly the same?

Hope that makes sense, i'm guessing from what you say that 1 FB Credit = 1 Blue Point and either can be used to buy cars, and the higher number with a slightly different blue symbol when you click a car to buy it is something else?

Cheers :)

EDIT: Just figured out the other blue symbol is a speedo/tacho and the number refers to performance. OK I think I got it all now :dunce:

Last edited:
I'm not entirely comfortable with adding complete strangers to my FB, but GTPers are like brothers!!! :)

I'm needing parts for the Classiche Ferraris, so if you add me I'll make sure of sending you some parts everyday as well.

But the equivalent of $50 for the Zonda R, really?

I'm just playing it for myself really, no way I will ever compete against those who have been playing it for 2 years or whatever and have put $1,000.00 into it, so what's the point? It still rewards patience, and I kinda like just making little mods to my garage and cars, and making my coins last :)

I'm not entirely comfortable with adding complete strangers to my FB, but GTPers are like brothers!!! :)

I'm needing parts for the Classiche Ferraris, so if you add me I'll make sure of sending you some parts everyday as well.

According to an earlier post, you can still race your friends even if you unfriended them in FB. So if you are adding people just to play Car Town, you can delete them straight after if you don't want to like open up your life to them :)

Dennisch
Well, you can customize it, and then race it!

The racing isn't much. They try to make it look awesome but it isn't. I buy the cars to how off. I will try to upload some pics of mine when I get home.

Yes , facebook must be soo broke that before I used to play cartown and we used to win about 2 blue points per week and now it's all about fb credits :dunce:~

Still love it dought

Does anyone know what happens to the parts friends sent to you? I keep receiving them, but when I go to my cars I'm restoring, there are no new parts added, nor can I add them.

Does anyone know what happens to the parts friends sent to you? I keep receiving them, but when I go to my cars I'm restoring, there are no new parts added, nor can I add them.

Have you looked in your storage? Or is it that you have yet to receive it.

Have you looked in your storage? Or is it that you have yet to receive it.

I've looked everywhere, I log in, I get the message that someone has send me a gift, and when I get into the game, no new items.

You can't customize the Zonda.

This game just wants to make you pay money if you actually want to do something.

It doesn't really, you can play it at whatever pace you want to. OK you can buy credits but more fool you if you do, and to what end? Seems just as much fun to me to play "for free".

Only thing I would say is be wary of any apps you can install for extra blue points, you can uninstall them right after but pretty sure one left some kind of trojan on my computer...ick.

EDIT: Does anyone find that if you race Rusty for pink slips, he is way fast? I mean you would think if you matched his performance rating and got good gear changes (and the start bonus) you would beat him but i'm way off. I've had to use some of my blue points to upgrade my Impreza almost to the max, which seems like false economy somehow, as his car isn't *that* great.

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips for racing? Now when I race Rusty I get lag, the car stutters so I mess up the gear changes. Running a pretty top end rig here and nothing else running (not on this occasion anyway) so what's up with that? I guess I could switch the animations off, but come on...

Anyone have any tips for racing? Now when I race Rusty I get lag, the car stutters so I mess up the gear changes. Running a pretty top end rig here and nothing else running (not on this occasion anyway) so what's up with that? I guess I could switch the animations off, but come on...

Yh , switch the anim.. off 👍

How do you guys get more Xp? I'm at level 32 ( :D ) now, I have an Indycar, but the progress just came to a grinding halt. Even spamming the Dice jobs (3500 yo) doesn't work anymore.

Been letting this tick over a while but a little bored of it honestly, part of the reason being that some of the sweet cars that show up in little ads and such aren't available when you go into "buy cars", some like the Lincoln Futura a few weeks back appear in a little pic above the main game window but you can't click on it, nothing happens, and i've no clue how to find it.

Does anyone know where the rest of the cars are? I'm hoping not in the shipments as I only want to use gold coins to purchase, and they charge you just to look at those cars. FB isn't getting any "real" money out of me for such a simplistic little distraction of a game :)

EPIC BUMP

Anyone still play this? I recent got the iPod version and absolutely love it. Even if it takes forever to progress unless you buy cash.

I play car town everyday on the Ipod and Facebook version I don't have alot of blue points but I'm a Lv 78 with a 5 story garage that has 285 cars. Just got a Lincoln Futura from a diamond box form the current most races won challenge. The car I use the most is the Mc laren F1 that I got from a diamond box. My garage value is 83 million.

Last edited:
How do you guys get more Xp? I'm at level 32 ( :D ) now, I have an Indycar, but the progress just came to a grinding halt. Even spamming the Dice jobs (3500 yo) doesn't work anymore.

I do the Premium antenna and the engine diagnostics jobs.

Back