Car & Tune Reviews (Backtesting favorite tunes on 1.04)

• Thread starter pipntick
  • 147 comments
Uh…mind me poking at you again? :lol: This time, it's something that looks like an absolute waste of your time, but if I could toss enough time at it to make 4 revisions to the tune…well, you know, it might just be worth 5 minutes of your day to try it. :lol:
This guy. Thanks again. Don't worry, no learning required for this one. I hope, anyway.
:lol: happy to give it a go. May take me a bit to get to it though as I have a number of reviews already committed to (trying to get them organized in OP), but I will definitely try it!

Im hoping you didnt forget about me ;)
Haven't forgotten about you mate. Sorry, work has been crazy these days with year end financial reports, but that is over this week and I can come back to my regular schedule ;)

Lexus LFA - Stock
In my mind cars fit in one of two categories: those I enjoy most on the first half of the track (up to Karussell), and those perfect for the second half (pilot's cars). From time to time, a car comes up that fits both, and this is one of them.

There is a slight bias to understeer, most noticeable in low rpm and off-throttle. This is corrected by slight application of gas (10-20% is sufficient). Opposite is true with oversteer at high rpm. However, the car tolerates lateral acceleration very well and it is hard to accidentally go sideways.

The car accelerates very quickly and composed when straight. Input under acceleration will induce a slight drift, which is quite controllable. The biggest problem for me was the low tolerance to track edges resulting in loss of control. Braking needs more distance than anticipated.

Gearbox is a good match, very well spaced. Top speed was 320kph/200mph.

Agressiveness
(1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 2.5. Sharp and fast, it dares you to take risks. There is however, just a few driving lines that will work well. The feeling of being on the edge comes mainly from speed.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 2. Car takes input very well, no much precision required. Wheel users can be more daring but results won't be materially better.

Last edited:
Lexus LFA - ImToLegitToQuit
@ImToLegitToQuit kindly PM'd me his tune, and being an LFA, I had to try it right away. Now, he tells me this is his first tune from scratch and I should say I am impressed. This is an example of a tune that keeps all the characteristics of the base car, fixes major issues and adds some malevolence to increase the fun.

There is hardly any change in power output, although the power curve is slightly modified by adding a catalytic converter balanced with a minor adjustment in power. Most of the work is in the LSD and transmission, with a couple of suspension tweaks.

The result is slight over/understeer that makes sense based on the line and input chosen. The car can now be taken sideways on demand, with the tail breaking under heavy input. Steering is very responsive. Note that for this tune, just like with stock, grass is ice and big kerbs are launching pads.

The gearbox is tight, topping at 312kph/195mph. The top gear is engaged quite often and shifting is constant. The author tells me that the right way of increasing top speed is by adjusting 5th and 6th, as opposed to playing with the final gear.

I can corner with this car my favorite way: full throttle heading into the corner, lift-oversteer, wait for the car to rotate, slam the throttle again and shift gears up/down to keep whatever line I choose. If it was a bit looser laterally, I think I could powerslide my way from Hohe Atch to Pflazgarten.

A long review this time, but this tune has a lot going on. Expert drivers that can provide a lot of accurate and fast input will be rewarded.

This tune can be obtained by PMing the author.

Aggressiveness: 2-4. Car can either be kept in line or driven all over. You choose how much fury to unleash.
Control: 3.5. Precise input required to make the best out of the tune. DS3 users will also enjoy, provided pad is not used. Accurate pedal input is not critical.

Last edited:
Ferrari FXX - TunerXande1959 (click on title for source)
This tune by @xande1959 has more weight and less hp and torque than stock to bring forward a 600pp package. I was unable to match Xande's stats with the tune. To reach the weight, no WR is required. HP was higher than advertised so I further adjusted power down to match, but then torque was still too high.

In any case, this tune is more dependable than others, mostly because the lower output. It is generally oversteery and even twitchy in uneven surfaces. Track edges are mortal enemies and there is little hope for salvation once the car is upset. I made the mistake to run a few laps with RS tyres which makes it undriveable (can't keep it in a straight line), RH/RM are mandatory.

I realized too late that there was no gearbox settings. I don't usually test tunes without transmission settings but had already entered everything else so went with FC and auto set at 400kph. This delivered a box that tops at 345kph/214mph and has a very long 6th gear and clearly underperforms even stock.

I think Xande may still be working on this. I will keep an eye for any updates.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3.5. Car can handle early and late apex lines but is an stressful affair.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 4. Precise input required to have fun. Stay away from anything major at high speeds.
FERRARI FXX '07
FERRARI FXX '07

- INSTALLED PARTS
. suspension kit
. racing brakes
. transmission (fully customizable dog-clutch...)
. LSD (fully customizable mechanical .../tripl=plate clutch kit/)
. weight redution stage 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- PERFORMANCE POINTS ............................. 600 PP
- DISPLACEMENT ....................................... 6,262 cc
- MAX. POWER .......................................... 682 HP
- MAX. TORQUE ........................................ 506 ft-lb
- POWER-TO-WEIGHT RATIO ....................... 1,98 Kg /HP
- WEIGHT ................................................ 1,355 Kg
. BALLAST WEIGHT .................................... 200 Kg
. Front / Rear Weight Distribution ................. 45 : 55
- SUSPENSION brake discs & calipers
. 105 (F) Ride Height (R) 110 6 (f) / (r) 4
. 7,00 (F) Spring Rate (R) 10,10
. 3 (F) Dampers (comp:) (R) 3
. 3 (F) Dampers ( ext: ) (R) 3
. 3 (F) Anti-roll bars (R) 3
. CAMBER ANGLE (-)
. 0,0 (f) / (r) 0,0
. TOE ANGLE
. 0,00 (f) / (r) +0,20
- TRANSMISSION (fully customizable dog-clutch ... )
- LSD
. 00 / 12
. 00 / 23
. 00 / 09
- POWER LIMITER = 86,5 %

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - Praiano (click on title for source)
This tune from @praiano63 is the safest version of the LFA Nurb I have tested so far. The center of gravity now further back and the suspension and LSD settings give this car a good balance of over/understeer.

There is good tolerance to lateral acceleration, as well as stability under heavy throttle and braking in a straight line. The tail never gains on the front, and forgiveness has been added to kerbs and edges, albeit not much.

However, I found this tune can only be driven one way, and that is by watching your speed. I don't mean slow, but there is no correcting a corner that has been entered too fast, and input at high speed is somehow delayed. What this means is that a proper line must be picked and followed at the right speed to get the best out of this LFA.

The gearbox is perfect and it takes the car to a top speed of 330kph/205mph.

At this point I am starting to think that the base LFA fits me better than the Nur version. Only one way to find out is by testing more tunes :)

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 1.5. All aggressiveness is in the line picked and not in the handling. However there is plenty of experimentation that this car allows.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 2. Good balance between responsiveness and sensitivity (setting aside over/understeer), allow both DS3 and wheel users to enjoy.
LEXUS LFA NURBURGRING PACKAGE `12 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT
lexus lfa nurb pack.jpg

Last edited:
Lexus LFA - ImToLegitToQuit
@ImToLegitToQuit kindly PM'd me his tune, and being an LFA, I had to try it right away. Now, he tells me this is his first tune from scratch and I should say I am impressed. This is an example of a tune that keeps all the characteristics of the base car, fixes major issues and adds some malevolence to increase the fun.

There is hardly any change in power output, although the power curve is slightly modified by adding a catalytic converter balanced with a minor adjustment in power. Most of the work is in the LSD and transmission, with a couple of suspension tweaks.

The result is slight over/understeer that makes sense based on the line and input chosen. The car can now be taken sideways on demand, with the tail breaking under heavy input. Steering is very responsive. Note that for this tune, just like with stock, grass is ice and big kerbs are launching pads.

The gearbox is tight, topping at 312kph/195mph. The top gear is engaged quite often and shifting is constant. The author tells me that the right way of increasing top speed is by adjusting 5th and 6th, as opposed to playing with the final gear.

I can corner with this car my favorite way: full throttle heading into the corner, lift-oversteer, wait for the car to rotate, slam the throttle again and shift gears up/down to keep whatever line I choose. If it was a bit looser laterally, I think I could powerslide my way from Hohe Atch to Pflazgarten.

A long review this time, but this tune has a lot going on. Expert drivers that can provide a lot of accurate and fast input will be rewarded.

This tune can be obtained by PMing the author.

Aggressiveness: 2-4. Car can either be kept in line or driven all over. You choose how much fury to unleash.
Control: 3.5. Precise input required to make the best out of the tune. DS3 users will also enjoy, provided pad is not used. Accurate pedal input is not critical.
I appreciate the review. Im taking in to account for my next project that you test on the ring so I don't run out of gear lol. It's insane what that track will do to a car as well. I will build something on a "normal" track and take it to the ring and just get destroyed.

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - FaTaL (click on title for source)
This tune by @FaTaL takes a different approach than other tunes when it comes to suspension, with much lower height and spring rates. These settings produce significant understeer both on entry and mid corner. Unfortunately, I was unable to correct this neither by modifying entry speed or driving line.

For the most part, I was unable to make the car rotate in an agile way, even though it was generally responsive to steering input. I tried different tyre compounds from CS to SS without much success. Top speed achieved was 315kph/197mph. Car was susceptible to heavy acceleration and was not very tolerant to lateral g's.

I am probably not driving this tune properly, I am open to input from better drivers.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 1. There is only one line that works and it has to be taken relatively slow to prevent understeer. No dynamic agility to drive aggressively.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 1. Car is responsive to steering input even when using a pad, no much to be gained by a wheel.
PP : 550
BHP : 570
Weight : 1,480kg
Tyres : Sports Hard
Dampers (compression) 9 - 6
Dampers (extension) 5 - 8
Anti-Roll Bars 3 - 2
Camber Angle 2.0 - 1.2
Toe Angle 0.04 (-) -0.08
--Drivetrain (transmission)--
Fully-Customisable Transmission
360 KM/H
+ all the upgrades in the drivetrain section

Ferrari Dino 246 GT - TunerXande1959 (click on title for source)
A very solid tune by @xande1959 . Extremely safe car, responsive, sharp and consistent. I was able to do 5 laps all within a couple of seconds from each other. This Dino goes exactly were is pointed at with zero drama.

There is a small trace of understeer only noticeable in high speed curves. It is hard to make the car go sideways, and when it happens is in a very smooth way. Oversteer can be felt in banked bends like Karussell, Schwalbenschwanz and Kliens Karussell.

The tune has great patience for all kinds of input, even at high(er) speed. The transmission works for this power output and allows a top speed of 255kph/158mph. There is no point in driving this with anything softer than SH, otherwise is a train. Perfect tune for a low stress drive.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 1. Dynamic range of the car is very low.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 1. Car is responsive to steering input even when using a pad, no much to be gained by a wheel.
-FERRARI DINO 246 GT '71
-Performance Points .............................. 450 PP
-Displacement ...................................... 2,419 cc
-Max. Power ........................................ 255 HP
-Max. Torque ....................................... 208 ft-lb
-Weight .............................................. 1,102 Kg(weight red. stage 2/w.weight red.)
.Ballast weight ..................................... +151 Kg
.Ballast Position .................................... - 50
.Front / Rear Weight Distribution .............. 52 : 48
-Power-to-Weight Ratio ......................... 4,32 Kg / HP
-Drivetrain ........................................... MR
-SUSPENSIOM KIT Brake Discs & Calipers
. 86 (F) Ride Height (R) 77 4 (F) / (R) 6
. 7,66 (F) Spring Rate (R) 12,61
. 4 (F) Dampers (comp:) (R) 5
. 8 (F) Dampers (ext: ) (R) 9
. 3 (F) Anti-roll Bars (R) 2
-CAMBER ANGLE (-)
. 2,4 (F) / (R) 1,6
-TOE ANGLE
. -0,09 (F) / (R) +0,09
-TRANSMISSION (fully customizable dog-clutch....)
.Max> Speed (Auto Set) 290 Km / h
.1ª2,756
.2ª1,826
.3ª1,324
.4ª1,000
.5ª0,778
-FINAL GEAR = 4,459
-LSD (fully customizable mechanical... /triple-plate clutch kit )
. 00 / 08
. 00 / 09
. 00 / 09
-POWER
.Limiter .................... 99,1 %
.Engine Stage 2 /Sports computer/Sports Exhaust/ isometric Exhaust Manifold .

Ferrari FXX - TunerXande1959 (click on title for source)
This tune by @xande1959 has more weight and less hp and torque than stock to bring forward a 600pp package. I was unable to match Xande's stats with the tune. To reach the weight, no WR is required. HP was higher than advertised so I further adjusted power down to match, but then torque was still too high.

In any case, this tune is more dependable than others, mostly because the lower output. It is generally oversteery and even twitchy in uneven surfaces. Track edges are mortal enemies and there is little hope for salvation once the car is upset. I made the mistake to run a few laps with RS tyres which makes it undriveable (can't keep it in a straight line), RH/RM are mandatory.

I realized too late that there was no gearbox settings. I don't usually test tunes without transmission settings but had already entered everything else so went with FC and auto set at 400kph. This delivered a box that tops at 345kph/214mph and has a very long 6th gear and clearly underperforms even stock.

I think Xande may still be working on this. I will keep an eye for any updates.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3.5. Car can handle early and late apex lines but is an stressful affair.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 4. Precise input required to have fun. Stay away from anything major at high speeds.
not really set up the original transmission used, I trained in this line FXX '07 ascari circuit in online or I regulated dampers (comp: / ext:) and anti-roll bars, and the car behaved like a legend but I promise to improve some questions, put in my garage because I liked.
note: thanks for visiting my shop or garage. also to test my cars, always happy back:cheers:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT - TunerXande1959 (click on title for source)
A very solid tune by @xande1959 . Extremely safe car, responsive, sharp and consistent. I was able to do 5 laps all within a couple of seconds from each other. This Dino goes exactly were is pointed at with zero drama.

There is a small trace of understeer only noticeable in high speed curves. It is hard to make the car go sideways, and when it happens is in a very smooth way. Oversteer can be felt in banked bends like Karussell, Schwalbenschwanz and Kliens Karussell.

The tune has great patience for all kinds of input, even at high(er) speed. The transmission works for this power output and allows a top speed of 255kph/158mph. There is no point in driving this with anything softer than SH, otherwise is a train. Perfect tune for a low stress drive.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 1. Dynamic range of the car is very low.
.thanks for the tips are constructive, and enjoyable ..

Pagani Zonda R - Stock
I am one of those that believes 1.03 fixed a lot of MR cars. I first drove the R last Sunday to baseline for a tune review request, and once again this morning. The difference is noticeable for me, there is a lot of extra grip and predictable behavior, to the point that using RS is boring with this car. I ran the stock RH in most laps, and found them to be the perfect match. Sport Softs were a bit too edge of the seat for me.

The Zonda R is able to take all kinds of lateral acceleration, brakes very composed and is sharp and responsive. With so much power available, oversteer can be induced on demand with the throttle, which needs to be timed well on corner exit to avoid loss of control.

This car is no friend of track edges, and grip is quickly lost when tyres go even dark yellow. The only disappointing part was the transmission, which leaves a lot of power on the table and tops at 320kph/200mph. This is an great base for exciting tunes.

Agressiveness
(1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3.5. Power allows skilled drivers to induce different behaviors, but these are somewhat nullified with the car being so planted
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 3. Thumbsticks at high sensitivity are enough to fully control the car, wheel can squeeze extra fun

I am one of those that believes 1.03 fixed a lot of MR cars.
I hope it didn't destroyed my tune :/

edit - it "did". that's very strange. Importing the suspension from GT5 to GT6, the car needed -1 rear comp. I put back +1 rear comp (at 10) on the "evoluzione", and it's working again... That's very very very strange.
Cape Ring (full) at 2:41 with ext comp at 9 and 2:31 with comp at 10. The speed I have in the ring were a difficult oversteering 190 @ 9 and an easy "neutral" 190 @ 10...

Is my Zonda back from GT5 ? I need to test my classic :)

edit 2 - Further investigation show that I can get back my classic lsd accel / decel too... That's very strange. Maybe they fixed floating points division in the LSD... :/

Last edited:
I hope it didn't destroyed my tune :/

edit - it "did". that's very strange. Importing the suspension from GT5 to GT6, the car needed -1 rear comp. I put back +1 rear comp (at 10) on the "evoluzione", and it's working again... That's very very very strange.
Cape Ring (full) at 2:41 with ext comp at 9 and 2:31 with comp at 10. The speed I have in the ring were a difficult oversteering 190 @ 9 and an easy "neutral" 190 @ 10...

Is my Zonda back from GT5 ? I need to test my classic :)

edit 2 - Further investigation show that I can get back my classic lsd accel / decel too... That's very strange. Maybe they fixed floating points division in the LSD... :/
Do I need to do something to your tune then? I was about to start working on it in about an hour more! :P

The other car were I noticed a massive difference with 1.03 is the Veyron. I struggled to post good times with license test S-5 and with the update I was 4 seconds faster without much effort.

Last edited:
Do I need to do something to your tune then? I was about to start working on it in about an hour more! :P
The new LSD is 9/6/12, to behave like it was post 1.03 and front rear comp is now at 10, I just edited my topic aswell, thank you for having made me re-check this :)
The classic setup doesn't have a purpose now, I removed it.

If you go around the Nür I would have interess in your time because I'm a medium-bad driver around this track... ;)

The new LSD is 9/6/12, to behave like it was post 1.03 and front rear comp is now at 10, I just edited my topic aswell, thank you for having made me re-check this :)
The classic setup doesn't have a purpose now, I removed it.

If you go around the Nür I would have interess in your time because I'm a medium-bad driver around this track... ;)
No problem! I am glad that you caught this before I spent more than 2 hours testing the tune! :lol: Or worse, with the "Classic" that no longer exists :D

I will definitely give the GT2 and Skyline a try this weekend and schedule the other 2. Have you noticed that some of your tunes (like the GT2) are not in XS' directory?

Pagani Zonda R - Blueshift (click on title for source)
@BlueShift goes all out here and gives us a maxed out Zonda R. I liked this tune, launch and braking are very composed under all circumstances, perhaps less so when full throttle is applied with steering input.

The almost 1200hp are very controllable once the dynamics of the car are understood. There is some snap-oversteer, kerbs are a bit more of a problem than with stock, and there is no forgiveness once a tyre touches the grass. A few laps into the test I changed to shortshifting, slowed down my entries and saw my lap times starting to improve.

I started the test with RS and TCS=1. Like with Xande's FXX and the R8 LMS, I found this compound to be frustrating, making the car too twitchy to be enjoyable. It also tightened the dynamics a little to far for my liking. RHs were more fun, and allowed some sideways action and aggressive cornering. However it was too easy to cook the tires (left TCS=1 to make it comparable to other tests). I found RM to be a good compromise.

Gearbox does the job and tops at 355kph/221kph. The only thing that could make this car better is more powerful brakes.

I enjoy this tune. It is now part of my short list of cars that I race against ghosts to improve technique. It was hard for me to get clean laps, but driving at a safe 90% I was in the mid 6.20s with RS and mid 6.30s for RH.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3,5. At this power output, the car reaches max lateral acceleration easy limiting somehow the more aggressive lines
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 5. Very precise input will make the best of this car. However, it is very manageable for DS3.
Pagani Zonda R '09

Transmission / Aspiration : MR / Turbo
Cylinder : 5987 cm3

Power : 1185 hp @ 7800 rpm
Torque : 1066.6 Nm @ 7800 rpm

Weigth : 1070 kg
Front / Rear Weigth Distribution : 47:53

Weigth-to-power ratio : 0.90 kg/hp
Performance Points : 683 PP

Oil change/chassis hardening/all parts.

Tires
- Racing Hard/Hard - TCS 3
- Racing Soft/Soft - TCS 1

Suspension
Suspension (Front / Rear)
- Ride Height : 73 / 74
- Spring Rate : 18.72 / 24.11
- Dampers (Comp.) : 5 / 10
- Dampers (Ext.) : 3 / 5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 4 / 6
- Camber angle (-) : 0.7 / 0.8
- Toe angle : -0.05 / +0.12

Brakes (Front / Rear)
- Brake Balance 4 / 6

Transmission
Gearbox
- Top Speed : Auto Set @ 400 km/h.

Adjustable LSD (Front / Rear)
- Initial Torque : - / 9
- Acceleration Sensitivity : - / 6
- Braking Sensitivity : - / 12

Power
- Power limiter : 100%
- NOS is unavailable.

Body/Chassis
- Dynamics (Front / Rear) : 380 / 650

Driving aids
- ABS : 1
- TCS 1 if Racing Soft tires, else 3. You can try removing the TCS with RS/RS.
Else all 0/off

6:20s / 6:30s... Wow :) Many thanks for the review !
I was just on top of 7:00 last time I tried (with lots of mistakes). I definitivly should learn the track and retry...

I have no wheel, that's why I play with TCS at those speeds.

I played with her today on the long Cape Ring, RH-RH, TCS 3 I think, in dreamcar championship, it's very fun (made 2nd/2nd/2nd/2nd was very close then gave up).
I played online today with a bunch of french guys too on Mount Panorama, no TCS, RS/RS, @600pp (I think that was turbo 2 then power limiter), all realistic settings (tire, gaz, etc), that was cool too but I made 4th / 8 due to all other guys having 4WD... And me making again lots of mistakes. :)

KTM X-BOW Street - HighOctane (click on title for source)
This tune from @DriftinAssassin is for me an affirmation of how incredibly good the X-BOW is as a tuning platform. This 550pp machine is glued to the track on the Sport Softs. It is not the safest car, but it can be easily driven in a very safe way.

I was surprised that he decided not to touch the transmission or LS. However, launch is well controlled, although the back tyres go red very quickly and it feels as it takes more time to cool than with other cars. Braking is composed, steering input is always well received and translates into sharp responses.

I decided to try Sport Hards and what was a nice drive became an absolute blast. Car can be taken sideways to some extent and more aggressive lines can be held without losing posture. There is a fraction of oversteer in tight corner exits, and uneven track poses some challenges, nothing that can't be addressed with good planning.

The gearbox is good from 1-4th. Car starts losing oomph at the top of 5th and 6th hardly contributes to achieving a top speed of 262kph/163mph. This tune together with Chunkee Monkey's have now their own car.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3. The limiting factor is the tyres. This rating is for RH. Go with harder compound for more aggressive style (but it won't be faster)
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 2. Car is very patient to input and lines can be held without too much accuracy. Note that I assume DS3 means use of thumbsticks.
KTM X-BOW Street "Nurburgring" '12

Specs
Type: Premium
Displacement: 1,984 cc
Max Power: 300 HP/5,700 rpm
Max Torque: 280.3 ft-lb/4,700 rpm
Drivetrain/Aspiration: MR/T
Weight: 810 kg
PP: 549

GTAuto/Car Settings Menu
-Oil Change
-Aero Kit Type A
-Weight Reduction Stage 3
-Sports Computer
-Isometric Exhaust Manifold
-Intake Tuning
-Twin-Plate Clutch Kit
-Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
-Racing Brake Discs & Calipers
-Sports Soft Tire

The Tune

Body
Ballast Weight: 60 kg
Ballast Position: -40%

Power
Power Limiter: 100.0%

Suspension
Front / Rear
Ride Height: 60 / 60
Spring Rate: 6.65 / 9.25
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.10 / 0.20

Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Last edited:
6:20s / 6:30s... Wow :) Many thanks for the review !
I was just on top of 7:00 last time I tried (with lots of mistakes). I definitivly should learn the track and retry...

I have no wheel, that's why I play with TCS at those speeds.

I played with her today on the long Cape Ring, RH-RH, TCS 3 I think, in dreamcar championship, it's very fun (made 2nd/2nd/2nd/2nd was very close then gave up).
I played online today with a bunch of french guys too on Mount Panorama, no TCS, RS/RS, @600pp (I think that was turbo 2 then power limiter), all realistic settings (tire, gaz, etc), that was cool too but I made 4th / 8 due to all other guys having 4WD... And me making again lots of mistakes. :)
The secret is to keep the mistakes at a minimum. Try driving at 90% speed, only floor it on the straights. I bet you will be at 6.30 in no time.

EDIT: Oh and my DS3 is at sensibility 7, I find it much more true this way. At lower sens I feel like there is lag to my input which I can't stand.

Ferrari FXX - HighOctane (click on title for source)
Second review of the day for @DriftinAssassin , this time for my requested FXX. Once again, I am surprised that the gearbox and LSD are left untouched (although different from the KTM this one needs a customizable LSD which is left unadjusted). And once again the outcome is a good one, with what I consider to be the safest version of the FXX I have tested.

There is no upsetting this car, its tolerance to kerbs, grass and edges is remarkable. There is no under/oversteer, it goes exactly where you want to. The test was done on RS tyres, and while it did not feel on rails (thankfully), it was very predictable.

The top speed achieved was 372kph/231mph, which is comparable with other tunes, yet my lap times were about 10 seconds slower. I attribute this to the "safeness" of the car which prevented my driving style to squeeze seconds by trying different lines.

If I was to do an endurance race with an FXX, this would be my selected tune as I could drive for hours with consistency.

Agressiveness (1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 2. Aggressive lines are not well received at high speed. There is hardly any room for lateral drifting on RS.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 2. Great response to any input even at higher speeds. Wheel users will be faster as a function of staying longer in the optimal driving line.
Ferrari FXX "Nurburgring" '07

Specs
Type: Premium
Displacement: 6,262 cc
Max Power: 825 HP/9,000 rpm
Max Torque: 531.6 ft-lb/6,000 rpm
Drivetrain/Aspiration: MR/NA
Weight: 1,200 kg
PP: 630

GTAuto/Car Settings Menu
-Oil Change
-Weight Reduction Stage 3
-Window Weight Reduction
-Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
-Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
-Racing Brake Discs & Calipers
-Racing Soft Tire

The Tune

Body
Ballast Weight: 136 kg
Ballast Position: -40%

Power
Power Limiter: 99.7%

Suspension
Front / Rear
Ride Height: 70 / 70
Spring Rate: 10.90 / 11.50
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 5
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.2 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.15 / 0.20

Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Nissan 180SX Type X - COTHO (click on title for source)
A nice, easy and safe tune by @Onboy123 , who kindly requested this review. This Nissan will not take any speed prizes any time soon, but allows an effortless and enjoyable drive around the ring.

The author has done a lot of work here. The suspension makes this a very forgiving car all around, yet there is some power oversteer on corner exit that caught me off guard a couple of times. The front is responsive but feels a bit loose for my personal taste.

The LSD does the job, except on launch in uneven surfaces, where it can cause the car to wobble. I usually test this around Eiskurve, just after the crest and the curve. The transmission settings are a great match for the car and allowed top speed of 253kph/157ph.

Agressiveness
(1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 1. Dynamics of the tune are straightforward. Couldn't induce any acrobatics.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 1. Nothing to fear for DS3 (even pad) users here. You can trust the car will follow your orders.
Nissan 180SX Type X '96
Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Dealership
Oil Change: Yes

Paintjob: Black
Wheels: Stock

aero : Stock

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: Yes
Chassis reinforcement: Yes

ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: Stage 1 No

Intake Manifold: no

Exhaust Manifold: yes
Catalytic Converter: no Yes
Exhaust: Semi-Racing

Turbo: No

Transmission: Yes
Clutch: optional Triple plate
Carbon Drive Shaft: optional Yes
LSD: yes

Suspension: FC

Tires: SH

The Tune
Ballast weight : 0/+50
Power Limiter : 99.0%

Transmission
Top Speed: 112, Final Gear: 2.500
1st: 3.854 3.930
2nd: 2.915 3.033
3rd: 2.346 2.459
4th: 1.919 2.014
5th: 1.567 1.646
6th: 1.337 1.404

Approximate Top Speed: ---mph
LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 15
Braking: 7

Suspension
Ride height: 85/85
Spring rate: 5.20/5.80
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Dampers (Extension): 6/7
Anti-roll bars: 5/5
camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.15/0.00
Brake balance: 5/5

ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
tuned with a DS3

The car has 450 PP, weighs 1022Kg with a 58/42 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 4.08 kg/hp, has 250 HP
@---- rpm and produces 237 ft-lb torque @---- rpm

^ Thanks for bothering to drive it. Yea, not too impressive in terms of speed, but you have no idea how much it took just to get it to that level. :lol: Ah…I promise the next cars I get you to drive will at least attempt to keep you awake. If not with its speed, it'll be with whatever PD's attempt at the sound of a screaming performance engine is.

RUF CTR2 - JLG Metrix (click on title for source)
This review was requested by @JLG_GT , who has issued a new version of his CTR2. As disclaimer, my experience with RUFs in the past has been love/hate, as I like what the cars can do but find hard to develop consistent behavior in them. The review is based on the recommended Sport Softs. Both RH and SM were tested and SS is the best match.

The suspension provides _a lot_ of feedback, and vibration is felt constantly. The car is forgiving around edges and kerbs but definitely not grass. Throttle needs to be applied with care while cornering as power oversteer is always a possibility with this much output. Steering input at high speed must be precise to negotiate any change in direction.

The car is sensitive to lateral acceleration, so hard throttle/brake application must be on a straight line only. The tail can be forced to rotate easily, so the second half of the track can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, control can only be kept when driving this way at medium speed therefore lap times will suffer.

The gearbox is good, but given the speed that some corners require I found myself on 1st gear a surprising amount of times. Top speed achieved was 356kph/221mph. In general, I feel like this car can do great in the hands of a better driver.

Agressiveness
(1=Safe, on rails. 5=pilot's car): 3. The car begs for aggressive driving, but can't hold the lines under pressure. Aggressive lines are possible, but one must go slower.
Control (1=Best suited for DS3. 5=Best suited for wheel): 5. The car benefits greatly from very precise control, but even with a wheel it will be a challenge to post competitive laps.
RUF CTR2
600pp
714 HP
1,286 kg
50:50

Details:
AIDS all off
except ABS - 1
Oil Change
Chassis Restore

Upgrades:
Full Suspension