carbon fiberhooded cars in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luggnuts
  • 57 comments
  • 4,345 views
Messages
8
I wanted to know if anyone can help me by providing the name of special cars that have carbon fiberhoods and some pics to help me get a feel on it
thanks in advance. :)

đź’ˇ also plz check the thread on joinin a team
:scared:
 
Luggnuts
I wanted to know if anyone can help me by providing the name of special cars that have carbon fiberhoods

Sure thing. There's actually a few confirmed as such:

S2000 LM Edition
HSR-II Concept
Impreza WRX STi
TS020
Harrier L Edition
Eclipse Sport
Atenza Sport
DualNote Concept

As for pictures, those sadly aren't available yet but I'm sure they'll surface soon!

Luggnuts
thanks in advance. :)

My pleasure.
 
Burn! Excelent work there Eagle.
 
Eagle
Sure thing. There's actually a few confirmed as such:

S2000 LM Edition
HSR-II Concept
Impreza WRX STi
TS020
Harrier L Edition
Eclipse Sport
Atenza Sport
DualNote Concept

:lol: You just pwned him!
 
A bit bashy but still funny as hell!
 
Eagle
Sure thing. There's actually a few confirmed as such:

S2000 LM Edition
HSR-II Concept
Impreza WRX STi
TS020
Harrier L Edition
Eclipse Sport
Atenza Sport
DualNote Concept
That was a good one. Exellent burn there. :lol:👍
 
My goodness... Eagle is really making a name for himself here! Been on the Planet almost 5 or 6 months after my coming. Way to go, mate!

But on a different standpoint, there will be some Tuning Cars in the game. Luggnuts, you may want to check the GT4 Gallery from E3. There is a Shigeno Version of the AE86 that features a carbon-fiber hood. I want to say the Trial Celica has one too, but I'm not sure. If they're having a bash fest on you, then I'm sorry this has happened. There WILL be some "carbonfiberhooded cars" in GT4. How many will have to wait until November. Alright? Take it easy, alright? Farewell.
 
At least I'm raising the brow on my flaming these days. I didn't want to do the coloured thing but I figured without it it would be too obscure.

I'm all for helping people find the information they need... But sometimes I wonder if these people would still be alive in a true survival of the fittest world.
 
i'd have left the red out, just to see who spotted it first :dopey:
 
Out of curiousity... what is a "Carbon fibre hooded car"?

Is it a car with a "hood" (i.e. bonnet) that is made out of carbon fibre?

In which case you could include most of the TVR's...

Also I think the Suzuki Cappuccino has a carbon fibre bonnet (Although I'm unsure it might just be aluminium! It has various parts that are light weight and not standard steel... I just can't remember if they're plastic or alu)

C.
 
I thnk the original post referred to cars that have a hood made out of carbon fibre, but VISUALLY carbon fibre, so no paint on it. very ricer :) .

Oh and TVR bonnets would be Fibreglass surely?
 
Fibreglass = Carbonfibre doesn't it?

C.
 
Carbonfibre is Carbonfibre and fibreglass (or glassfibre) is fibreglass - totally different.


Will Carbonfibre hoods (surely only seen in replays anyway) make GT4 a better game?

Will they make a car handle better or go faster?

No - so whats the point in having them?
 
GRP: Glass-Reinforced Plastic, but more commonly known as glass fibre (not fibreglass, which is a trade name). Used by most motorhome manufacturers, for everything from bumper surrounds to side skirts to complete bodyshells.

CRP: Carbon-Reinfoced Plastic
Carbon fibres are the stiffest and strongest reinforcing fibres for polymer composites, the most used after glass fibres. Made of pure carbon in form of graphite, they have low density and a negative coefficient of longitudinal thermal expansion.

Carbon fibres are very expensive and can give galvanic corrosion in contact with metals.
They are generally used together with epoxy, where high strength and stiffness are required, i.e. race cars, automotive and space applications, sport equipment.

Aha they are very very similar... but are also different...

C.
 
TheCracker
Carbonfibre is Carbonfibre and fibreglass (or glassfibre) is fibreglass - totally different.


Will Carbonfibre hoods (surely only seen in replays anyway) make GT4 a better game?

Will they make a car handle better or go faster?

No - so whats the point in having them?
you are wrong cracker...

how fast a car is depends on the power to weight ratio, so decreasing the weight makes a car faster and a carbonfiber hood is lighter than an ordinary one. ;)
it also makes the handling slightly better as body roll is decreased because the point of weight lowers.

the bmw m3 csl has only 10-20 more bhp than the standard m3, but due to its lightweight parts it outperforms the porsche gt3 on the nurburgring nordschleife...



and eagle, man you are so great, i admire your great sense of humour!
 
vladimir
you are wrong cracker...

how fast a car is depends on the power to weight ratio, so decreasing the weight makes a car faster and a carbonfiber hood is lighter than an ordinary one. ;)
it also makes the handling slightly better as body roll is decreased because the point of weight lowers.

I'm totally with you on that point vlasimir - power-to-weight ratios are the most important factor in racing - i champion the cause continually. What i was pointing to was that sticking a lighter bonnet on an otherwise stock car isn't going to make any difference to how it will handle in the game. certainly not for the sort of person who likes these 'rice' modifications on their cars.
 
disregard sorry
 
TheCracker
I'm totally with you on that point vlasimir - power-to-weight ratios are the most important factor in racing - i champion the cause continually. What i was pointing to was that sticking a lighter bonnet on an otherwise stock car isn't going to make any difference to how it will handle in the game. certainly not for the sort of person who likes these 'rice' modifications on their cars.
of course you won't win anything by just replacing your bonnet, but it can be part of the tuning. and if modifications to the weight would be visible ingame you could have carbonfiber bonnets as well as other carbonfiber parts. i think it would be great if you could see such things.
 
question: when you modify a car by 'lightening' it GT/GT2/GT3 (stage1-3) does its weight change in your garage menu? - i've been meaning to check this for ages but never get around to it.
 
Out of curiousity...

I was wondering about power-to-weight...

Will a car that has 600 BHP and weighs 2000 KG be as quick as a car with 300 BHP that weighs 1000KG?

Or do you have to weight the agrument slightly towards power/weight...

I.e. a car with 500 BHP/2000 KG = 300BHP/1000KG or 700BHP/2000KG = 300BHP/1000KG
(Examples of the weighting by power and then weight respectively)

C.
 
Will a car that has 600 BHP and weighs 2000 KG be as quick as a car with 300 BHP that weighs 1000KG?

On paper/theoretically yes - but in reality a 1000kg car will handle better (be more agile) then a 2000kg car.

Its like comparing a S-Class Brabus or AMG Merc to a Noble

Power-to-weight ratio is usually measured as 'BHP per Ton' ie a 2000kg car with 600bhp has a power to weight of 300bhp per ton
 
Back