Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
After a mate of mine recently bought the XB1 version, at my recomendation, & then went on to tell me he thinks it's the best racing game he's ever played (he had no bugs & has even stopped playing Forza 6), I decided to give the career mode another go. I deleted the game & downloaded it again in one hit, in an attempt to get less bugs, & also did the whole rebuild database thing that was recommended on the P CARS forum.

Well, all I can say is WOW! I started in the Ginetta Juniors & had two of the best races I've ever had against any AI drivers ever. Seriously! I also got no bugs either, & had a great time. Normally I dislike Career modes in racing games, & only do the bare minimum needed. When I first tried to play P CARS career mode 2 years ago it was horrendous! Loads of game breaking bugs, but tonight it was flawless, & I had a great time. Gonna try some more & am looking forward to what P CARS 2 will bring to the table. Not pre-ordering as once bitten twice shy, but am very interested again.

:D

VBR
After a mate of mine recently bought the XB1 version, at my recomendation, & then went on to tell me he thinks it's the best racing game he's ever played (he had no bugs & has even stopped playing Forza 6), I decided to give the career mode another go. I deleted the game & downloaded it again in one hit, in an attempt to get less bugs, & also did the whole rebuild database thing that was recommended on the P CARS forum.

Well, all I can say is WOW! I started in the Ginetta Juniors & had two of the best races I've ever had against any AI drivers ever. Seriously! I also got no bugs either, & had a great time. Normally I dislike Career modes in racing games, & only do the bare minimum needed. When I first tried to play P CARS career mode 2 years ago it was horrendous! Loads of game breaking bugs, but tonight it was flawless, & I had a great time. Gonna try some more & am looking forward to what P CARS 2 will bring to the table. Not pre-ordering as once bitten twice shy, but am very interested again.

Excellent.

I was lucky and had pretty much no bugs from day one, and with a years worth of patches it's pretty solid now.

Ginetta Jnrs is a great start point as well.

If you haven't already I would recommend the Crew Chief app in android. It's an excellent spotter and makes life a lot easier with open wheel races.

My pit engineer is no longer talking through the DS4.
I'm getting the text on screen but no audio.
I've not touched any settings, using a T150.

If you haven't already I would recommend the Crew Chief app in android. It's an excellent spotter and makes life a lot easier with open wheel races.

Thanks for the advice, I might just have to do that. Two years ago I started in the formula Ford, & the AI were atrocious! I also got a landmine in my first ever race, & with restarts off plus damage on full (cos I'm a hardcore sim racer :lol:) it was one of the worst experiences ever & I haven't touched it since. Hopefully I'll have some more good races, & it will see me through until P CARS 2 has been out for a while, been patched, & is on sale.

I realised that I did get 1 bug; I chose to simiuate the rest of qually, & when I started the race I went to press pause to restart & it wouldn't restart but started simulating again. Also got a few bugs tonight; watching a replay after a race got a black screen when I tried to select a different view, had to re-run race 2 as a result because the results don't save until you press continue. Got the bug where the AI driver takes over after exiting the pits. Then had to run race 2 again because of that.

On Oulton Park the AI were set to 73, & I won both races. But they seem a lot slower on Donnington, I had them set to 100% & I still pulled away from them. I'm no alien, so maybe another bug? Still had a blast tonight in the Ginetta Juniors, & am looking forward to more of the same.

:)

The AI isn't a bug, it's just how it was. Some tracks they push harder on at the same %. I rarely go to 90 or even 100% because they are too aggressive with maneuvers but below 70 and they are too easy to pass everywhere. Some particular turns the AI is exceptionally slow at. At Donington for example, the second major right-hander has them always go slower than other turns even at 100%. Same with Cataluyna-Barcelona National - Turn 2 they take so slow and don't put the power back down right away. It's really annoying because everywhere else they're fast enough but right there you can destroy them and it's immersion-breaking.

Had an absolutely woeful time of it tonight, the worst night of sim racing in living memory. Third race weekend at Silverstone, in the wet. The car was impossible to drive, then I remembered I had two lead feet from Gran Turismo & that I had to tune it for the wet. Even so, after sorting that out, the AI were stupidly fast & glued to the road in the wet! They slam on the brakes while turning, & that's all but impossible in the Ginetta Junior. After endless restarts I turned the AI down to 50% just to clear the event. :(

The game really needs multiple tunes per car, & tune sharing between players (I thknk P CARS 2 has both). Not all of us are tuners, nor do we wanna be.

Its a good start if you don't wanna mess with tuning.

The only things I know how to use are brake pressure, brake balance, and the differential sorta.

I sit at 97% with trophies in Project Cars.
The only one I'm missing for platinum is the 20 community events.
I've asked over at sms, here, and elsewhere if they would please add or unlock 5 more.
I guess this close to launch that'll be a negative, just frustrating.

Trying to run through career quickly for trophies. Just got disqualified from a 2-hour race on the final corner. T-T
Time to turn off penalties for maximum "screw it."

Back