Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
up to GT4 cars now and that Aston Martin V8 vantage is such a different drive from the Ginetta G4 Junior lol. Hopefully there I get an offer for a GT3 drive once I finish the current season if not another season in GT4 with the Aston doesn't sound bad

Back at it in career. I just signed with a different team in the WEC series because the orca Nissan was just all over the place. I'm using the RWD LMP2 now and is about to do the AEC cup over again.

I am currently at the end of season 14. I ended the season and then realised that it wasn’t a good choice as
I want to enter the 24 Hour of Lemans invitational but I do not want to start another season and go through all the races to get to the 24 hour event.
In my inbox I can see the invitation to the event under the ‘Invitational” tab but It can’t be selected.
Is there a way of entering this event in career mode without starting a new season?

There's Silverstone, Monza, Nurburgring, but nope.. let's use Bathurst, Dubai and Sakitto. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't like that they did it just to make it seem more worldly.

Then to my surprise, I pick the Tri-Nations LMP Championship for the following season and Bathurst is yet again the final race in that trio. :banghead:

Road America 👍
Monza 👍
Bathurst 🤬

There's Silverstone, Monza, Nurburgring, but nope.. let's use Bathurst, Dubai and Sakitto. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't like that they did it just to make it seem more worldly.

Then to my surprise, I pick the Tri-Nations LMP Championship for the following season and Bathurst is yet again the final race in that trio. :banghead:

Road America 👍
Monza 👍
Bathurst 🤬
My car got hit from behind in hell corner in that Bathrust race, a crap load of damage resulted from it. :banghead:

My car got hit from behind in hell corner in that Bathrust race, a crap load of damage resulted from it. :banghead:
I raised my car to the max and was still getting high-centered through the dipper and getting spun because of it. Not to mention that a race consisting of LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and GT4 is a terrible idea at Bathurst. At least in Tri-Nations it's LMP1 and LMP2 so it's a bit easier to deal with but I still would rather not race at Bathurst in anything that isn't a GT or Touring car.

Who is the genius that thought it was a good idea to put LMP races at Bathurst?
LMP1 at Bathurst isn't so bad, the middle mountain section is kind of tricky but the rest of the track fits pretty well with LMPs imo.
LMP1 at Monaco is weird, though. There's also a LMP900 race at Ruapuna which I didn't like much either.

I hadn't touched Career for months but went back a few nights ago - I am almost at the end of Season 2.

Last night I came upon the McLaren F1 3h Zolder Invitational which I did at 50% duration. All was going well in that I was holding a slight lead and pulling a gap of 0.2-0.4s per lap. Made my first stop only to find out that my tyres were not being changed. I perservered making stops hoping it would sort itself out but it did not.

My grip deteriorated and driving was really tough but with some creative defensive driving I maintained the lead. I got Track Cut Warnings as the car was so recalcitrant from the tyres being down to the canvas until 7mins from the end I was DQ'd. 7mins!

I cannot recall the last time I went mad at a game and I don't think I ever lost it so bad. Luckily I don't have a swear jar!

Last edited:
I hadn't touched Career for months but went back a few nights ago - I am almost Season 2.

Last night I came upon the McLaren F1 3h Zolder Invitational which I did at 50% duration. All was going well in that I was holding a slight lead and pulling a gap of 0.2-0.4s per lap. Made my first stop only to find out that my tires were not being changed. I perservered making stops hoping it would sort itself out but it did not.

My grip deteriorated and driving was really tough but with some creative defensive driving I maintained the lead. I got Track Cut Warnings as the car was so recalcitrant from the tyres being down to the canvas until 7mins from the end Iwas DQ'd. 7mins!

I cannot recall the last time I went mad at a game and I don't think I ever lost it so bad. Luckily I don't have a swear jar!

I know that feel, buddy :cheers:

I once got a DQ for cutting the track in the second to last corner on the last lap because I went too far beyond the track limits there. The only one to blame is me, though :crazy:

Just started the GT3 career and wondered why we can't choose to start in any of the cars in this class. There's only a small selection at the beginning.

Really just want to know when I can expect to be able to compete in the 12C, for example. Hopefully not just for invitationals... Do all cars become available in all careers at some point?

Just started the GT3 career and wondered why we can't choose to start in any of the cars in this class. There's only a small selection at the beginning.

Really just want to know when I can expect to be able to compete in the 12C, for example. Hopefully not just for invitationals... Do all cars become available in all careers at some point?

I drove the 12C GT3 in the GT3 season in career mate, but I didn't start in GT3. I started in Karts, went all the way up the open wheel ladder, then jumped to LMP1, and once I'd got the zero to hero achievement, I accepted a GT3 contract to drive the 12C. Sux that you don't get a good choice if you start in GT3, but rest assured that you can and will get a GT3 contract for the 12C.

The following example is from GT4 class but it works similar for GT3. From official forums:

Hi guys. It's not a bug. The way career works is that you have different rank contracts, and they're offered depending on if it's a new career or an ongoing career. In this example, if you start a new career and go straight to GT4 then you will get a contract offer with the BMW GT4, but you won't see any Aston Martin contracts (for example). If you first play GT5 and then move to GT4, you'll get the Aston Martin contracts, but no BMW GT4 contracts.

The following example is from GT4 class but it works similar for GT3. From official forums:
Ah, nice one, cheers. Just fancied skipping to GT3 for a while but I guess I'll go back and continue my zero to hero career instead. Haven't invested much time in the career at all this past year.

I always thought you get the contracts randomly.
It does seem a bit random, even if it's not (to SMS). I wonder how they decided which contracts we'd get depending on which lower tier path we chose? Another kick in the teeth over the lack of custom championships, but it is what it is.

For classes that have different cars usually there's only a couple of different cars available on the first season, if you do well you get contracts with other cars in the following season.
I started in karts, worked my way up through the open-wheel classes, then LMP1, then went back and did the events I hadn't done from the bottom up (Renault Clio, GT5, GT4, LMP3, GT3, LPM2). My first season in GT3 I used the RUF so that I could complete the RUF-only championships, iirc all GT3 cars were available in the next season.

Are all the GT3 cars featured in the series (to race against) or are some omitted?
I noticed the new Merc was a selectable car that I could've signed for which surprised me. Finally found my groove in the RUF now, didn't like it much when I drove it months ago. Some nice lift-off oversteer to it.

So I may be late to the career party but the way the AI magically pit in more than a lap before it rains to put rain tyres on and then drive unhindered for a lap on wets on the dry track is beyond annoying. Ridiculously frustrating.

So I may be late to the career party but the way the AI magically pit in more than a lap before it rains to put rain tyres on and then drive unhindered for a lap on wets on the dry track is beyond annoying. Ridiculously frustrating.

Pause the game and check the weather forecast. When the AI knows that it'll rain in a few minutes, you will too.
Rain tires have a lot of grip because they're so soft. They're just overheating quicker in dry conditions.
Driving rain tires in the dry for one lap isn't as bad as one would think.

Pause the game and check the weather forecast. When the AI knows that it'll rain in a few minutes, you will too.
Rain tires have a lot of grip because they're so soft. They're just overheating quicker in dry conditions.
Driving rain tires in the dry for one lap isn't as bad as one would think.
True, the wets handle ok in the dry for a lap or two, it's just that they easily had another lap of running on a dry track before the rain came, something their engineer would've told them (if they had one).

I'm using Crew Chief who doesn't tell me rain is incoming. Does the Stig inform us of weather changes? Be a nice touch if so as pausing is immersion breaking.

Back