Career mode progression/Microtransactions changed the game already ?

Am I missing something or do we win way less cars in GT6 than in GT5?

Everyone who had the game said that it is very generous and that it's as fast as GT5, if not faster, to make money/win cars.

But I have the game now (yes: second-hand aniversary edition, brand new! take that PD!)...and I don't know what to think.

In GT5, you won a car every time you won a race. Everytime you won a licence (even in bronze, you got a car)... everytime you win a series... Am I mistaken?

I mean. It seems to me that you won WAY WAY more cars in GT5 than in GT6.
I've been playing for 2h30 and I only got 2 cars (I know i could have more golding events... but that's not the point: unless I retry and retry and retry to gold events, I don't win a tenth of the cars I won in GT5)

Those who have the game: am i wrong (GT5 was a long time ago)?

GT6 prize cars: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thread...-12-09.291615/

GT5 prize cars: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thread...kables.134047/

Also: the cars available in Arcade mode are way less numerous. We used to have more than 50 cars (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thread...r-list.166603/) and now we have only 20.

Honestly, am I getting dumb (er) or have we been lied to ? (I don't want to throw rocks if I am actually missing stuff)

Yeah, I love the game so far, but can't help but think the microtransaction may have to do something with the car prizes.

In GT5, we also had log in bonuses, car sharing, crazy seasonal events payout, etc. They're now all gone. If we won't see their light of day anymore, then I'm pretty sure we can conclude the cause of it...

I actually broke-down and bought 3.5 million cr. and got the BMW Z4 GT3 and M3 GT2, and the 2013 DeltaWing.

I really, really wanted those cars.

I agree. Microtransactions are going to be the ruination of games. You guys should go onto youtube on watch Nerd3's poop awards 2013, he goes on about Microtransactions, mentioning GT6 as well and saying how shocked he is that it has even weeded its way into a mans vision.

GT6 looks more offline game than GT5.
I'm not telling that innovations in GT6 are bad. Nope. There are many good things like getting rid of UCD and non-consumable paint chips, thus you can concentrate on driving instead. But besides this, i think it was fun to trade the cars and paints in GT5. I agree these microtransactions remove many other ways to get free credits and items...

Last edited:
So glitching and save game hacking will be rife. Nice going PD.

EXACTLY. In every economy, there is a black market, and in GT6 the black economy will follow exactly as you have stated. Unless patched or addressed, these exploits will unbalance GT6 more than swapping 20m cr cars did on GT5.

I don't know, in GT5 I remember saving for a couple of days until I could finally afford a new Camaro. After one hour of GT6 last night I've already got enough to buy that same car. GT5 didn't have log in bonuses or high paying seasonal events at launch, those things came later. I remember doing about 50 races at Indy - boring as hell - just to win enough to buy a 5 million credit Formula GT.

Yeah, GT5 was low on prize credits to begin with. A lot of grinding was needed.

I think GT6 is different in the fact that there is no random used car dealership; every car is available to be bought, which means that you can pick and choose the gems that you want in your collection. You only need to spend the credits you really want to. I'm already near $1m credits and have only bought a few required one-make cars. I admit your budget will be strained if you don't have the Anniversary Edition cars, but I still think there's less grinding needed (I haven't repeated any race yet). While I would like to see a few more prize cars, at least the prize cars we get are really good. I'm glad we don't get random junk cars like in GT5 (I cursed every time I received a random MX-5 or Skyline).

Overall, GT6 does seem balanced in regards to cars/credits. And while I'm against micro-transactions, it's not going to affect my racing.

From what I saw GT5 is way harder to get cars... GT6 get the things easy.

And you didn't win a car per race on GT5... it is per Event (eg. the Sunday Cup with two races give you a car).

I guess that's not related to microtransactions.

From what I saw GT5 is way harder to get cars... GT6 get the things easy.

And you didn't win a car per race on GT5... it is per Event (eg. the Sunday Cup with two races give you a car).

I guess that's not related to microtransactions.

Yes, but in GT5, each set of races wins you a car, pretty much. So, when you compare finishing, let's say the entire National B series and winning every possible car in said series, GT5 awarded more cars than GT6. True that some of the cars may never see the light of day, but that's not the point is it? :)

I don't know, in GT5 I remember saving for a couple of days until I could finally afford a new Camaro. After one hour of GT6 last night I've already got enough to buy that same car. GT5 didn't have log in bonuses or high paying seasonal events at launch, those things came later. I remember doing about 50 races at Indy - boring as hell - just to win enough to buy a 5 million credit Formula GT.
This....

Almost getting asleep at the wheel.... seriously...

EXACTLY. In every economy, there is a black market, and in GT6 the black economy will follow exactly as you have stated. Unless patched or addressed, these exploits will unbalance GT6 more than swapping 20m cr cars did on GT5.

Is there really an "Economy" in GT 5 / 6 ? It's not Forza where people can buy and sell cars - or have I missed something?

I can't see how owning cars can affect online rankings either - after all, there are virtually no leaderboards anyway and races can be limited by PP.

So, why not just get access to as many cars as possible, increasing the variety and enjoyment of a game that we have paid for ?

Glitch, grind or buy - what's the difference at the end of the day ?

Also, paying for DLC cars that are put im your garage immediately, is effectively no different to buying credits either, and and why should wealthy people have an advantage over skint dogs ?

I'm 51% into the career, I haven't had a great need for credits yet, but I've also not got a great ammount of them considering how much time has been put in. At the point where I'm not buying cars that I want because it will simply break the bank.

Been wanting the Ferrari 288 GTO, but at 1,450,000 credits it isn't cheap.

With many more events, you would think there are more prize cars. I have never seen a Gran Turismo game in which you don't win car prizes for a set of events. It may not affect the career mode, but having some prize cars can go a long way in saving you credits.

In GT5, there was a prize car for every event, and for the most part, they become of really good use for me. I don't see why they would remove the usual car prizes, especially with the fact that there are more cars and events added to the game. Seriously, one of the fun things in GT was finding out what cars you're going to win after completing a set of events. There's not much in GT6, and it feels less rewarding for even bothering trying to complete them.

Money isn't the problem, as stated by the OP, but car prizes are. :( Also, there shouldn't be any reason on cutting out the daily log in bonuses or PP bonus. Perhaps it's just a coincidence with all this microtransaction stuff, but it's hard to think otherwise.

If I buy the game, I'm going to play it the way I want to play it. Solo will never convince me to drink from their cups if there isn't a ping pong ball and beer in them, and PD will never convince me to pay them or grind intentionally low-payout overtaking challenges just so I can race the cars I want, the cars I paid to race.

I get next to no pleasure from the overtaking challenges they call "races", and I'll probably have damn near all the events done in the first 20-30 hours now that there are no enduros. The next few years I'm playing this game, I'll never touch the single player garbage.

If there is a way for me to rubber band the controller, sell cars for profit, manipulate saves, or do anything else to enjoy the game I purchased more extensively, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I'm not paying them $65 so I can do the same boring guaranteed-win challenge over and over, I'm paying that money to race 1200 cars over dozens of tracks. They're not going to stop me from enjoying this game.

The game has definitely been restructured. Geared towards microtransactions? Maybe but I'm not sure yet. Seems to me that you don't need to buy much of anything. If you steer through the career with what you have, it seems you will win just about anything you need(minus a few exceptions, karts/hybrid). Even though I started with some anniversary cars and $1million credits, I haven't had the need to dip into that money yet to advance or tag in any of the gifted cars. I haven't had to grind races(yet?) and just move from one event to the next after I gold it. Money seems to accrue at about the same pace as previous games(offline) and the prize cars seem more valuable(for career advancement, less bloat).

That said, I still don't like the idea of microtransactions in full priced games, I just havent decided if the way they are implemented in this game have affected my experience. I seem to remember advancing in GT5(launch) to be much more tedious.

Yup, I remember at launch it was a GRIND to get new GOOD cars. It took me like a whole week of playing to get a 458 Italia. then when they added seasonals and log in bonus it made the game a breeze for the newcommers. All they had to do was do a seasonal where they gave you the specific car and boom, they had ~300k

So glitching and save game hacking will be rife. Nice going PD.
Up next: Sony chargers glitchers/hackers and those spreading information on "how to" with monetary damages in hundreds of thousands of "lost revenue".
Personally, I would not be against glitching/money exploits as much as I used to be.

Is there really an "Economy" in GT 5 / 6 ? It's not Forza where people can buy and sell cars - or have I missed something?

Perhaps the use of the word 'economy' was a little erroneous. What I was alluding to, was that around anything that requires a form of currency, there is a method to either circumvent, or manipulate it.

I think the pathetic UCD of GT5 is a big reason why some of us needed to resort microtransactions. But since we have a car shop in GT6 where everything is available, we don't feel the need to stress out about missing the car of choice during the UCD cycle.

I'm 51% into the career, I haven't had a great need for credits yet, but I've also not got a great ammount of them considering how much time has been put in. At the point where I'm not buying cars that I want because it will simply break the bank.

Been wanting the Ferrari 288 GTO, but at 1,450,000 credits it isn't cheap.

Try the GTO 260 (?) at 20 million. So, why shouldn't you be allowed to drive it ? You paid for the game and all therein. But, in line with their microtransaction model, it will cost you $120 to drive it. And, there are plenty others at 20 M Cr !

Try the GTO 260 (?) at 20 million. So, why shouldn't you be allowed to drive it ? You paid for the game and all therein. But, in line with their microtransaction model, it will cost you $120 to drive it. And, there are plenty others at 20 M Cr !

I do not agree with this 'modern' line of reasoning, which states that you should be able to do whatever you want within a game. Where is the challenge or sense of accomplishment, when you can just cut corners?

I am a gamer from the older generation, where the challenge was a test of competence, and the reward, a badge of honour. Having the ability to own anything in a game, without making the effort to gain it, is driving forward everything that is wrong within the gaming industry today. If the game is too difficult, or tiresome, then perhaps you should not play it, attempting to claim auto-entitlement, just because you brought the game, is in no way a valid argument.

If I am good enough to have access to faster cars, or better weapons than you, then you should take it as a challenge to achieve those sought after items yourself. Of course the same reasoning applies to me equally, and that is what makes for a level playing field. Shortcuts, however implemented do not make for a level playing field.

Back