Career mode progression/Microtransactions changed the game already ?

Do you actually think the makers of the game have actually played the game? I think they are just enjoying all the cars without the need to grind. What is the point in fully recreate a car that only a handfull of people get to drive. I think they should make all the cars drivable in arcade mode so everyone can drive them.

In every gt game i played there was a lack of money in the career mode. But instead of fixing this problem they add microtransactions but refuse to implement an easy fix such as higher payouts for the races. I dont mind paying for quality dlc (such as gt5 had) but i wont be paying to use something that i already payed for when i bought the game.

This leads us to choose to grind, pay or glitch (remember trading glitch in gt5) to actually enjoy all the cars. I have now completed 85% of the game and still dont get proper payouts. So i made a backup of my save and did the money glitch and bought every premium car above the 1 million credits. I put that save on an usb stick so if they dont fix the payout i can just load that save and have fun with the cars. For now i put my original save back so i can finish the game normally first.

I respect your right to feel this way, and I hope you enjoy your perpetual grinding just to unlock one of the myriad of cars that cost well over 1M credits.

But, I can't help being cynical about the microtransactions introduced this year, together with the lower Credit and Car Prize rewards that accompany single player Career Mode.

The Ai in this game is 'dumbed down' to enable, even beginners, to advance through the game, so a "test of competence" is somewhat 'moot' already.

You need to 'grind' in this game to unlock cars... or if you are wealthy enough, you can buy in-game credits. How is this fair, on any level ? After all, not everyone has the time to invest in such a dull exercise. Also, you could be the best (or in your words "The Most Competent") GT6 driver on the planet, but you still gotta grind to earn money!

Well the prize cars are definitely fewer than GT5 which was fewer than GT4.
The credit prizes are actually not that bad, actually higher than previous titles in most cases.
If memory serves 60 laps around Motegi Speedway in GT4 paid about 100k [could have been more maybe up to 250k] in GT6 5 laps pays a little over 50k. Of course in GT4 that race also awarded a NSX GT car which you could sell and get some additional prize money if you reset it before hand.

Last I looked I had earned roughly 4 million credits in GT6 and while there are many pricey cars I want to get I have a pretty good selection in my garage already.

I also fully expect to see some of those seasonal races coming online as the weeks go buy that allow us to earn more credits though maybe not as much as GT5 since many of the car prices are a lot lower in GT6.

I hope they give us some more of those Expert A-Spec seasonals where you get bonus credits for using a weaker car and can run them repeatedly. I rather enjoyed those in GT5. Trying to win with a car 100PP or more below the limit could be quite a challenge and resulted in a nice payday even if you didn't quite get to 1st place.

Another thing that will help credits wise is when B-Spec is activated. I can see myself letting Bob hit the 24 minutes of Nurburgring for 175k while I watch TV.

On GT4 I used to set Bob out on the ElCapitan endurance when I left the house or watched a movie and then sell the Minolta for a nice chunk of cash.

Last edited:
The Ai in this game is 'dumbed down' to enable, even beginners, to advance through the game, so a "test of competence" is somewhat 'moot' already.

I was relating my comments towards online racing, where the test of competence is very real. 👍

I respect your right to feel this way, and I hope you enjoy your perpetual grinding just to unlock one of the myriad of cars that cost well over 1M credits.

Who is to say that the best cars cost over one million credits? One of my favourite cars from GT5, the Chromeline R8, is a superb car, but it only cost a little over 200k. The Lambourghini Aventor, is another superb car, that costs nowhere near one million credits. Again, the Ferarri Italia, a favourite in online races in GT5, and that too, costs less than 300k.

From my initial perusal of the dealerships in GT6, the cars that cost more than one million credits seem to be boutique models, sold at that price point for kudos, rather than performance. There are many cars that cost significantly less, that have equal, or better performance. Look at Mazda for example, they have the RX-7 Touring Car selling for 220,00cr, yet the RX-7 LM Race Car costs almost FIVES times as much, does the LM have five times the performance? Of course it does not.

Chevrolet is another classic example. The two best cars in that dealership, both cost less than 400k, even though there are two other cars that cost more than 1.4m cr. This same comparison can be made across several dealerships, and with several cars.This is the honey trap that PD have created to help validate micro-transactions. Do not be fooled into thinking that because a car costs more than one million credits, it is automatically better.

Perhaps I should be wishing you good fortune on your endeavours, and hope that the car you pay real world money for, is not bested by one that costs significantly less. 👍

I didn't
I was relating my comments towards online racing, where the test of competence is very real. 👍

Who is to say that the best cars cost over one million credits? One of my favourite cars from GT5, the Chromeline R8, is a superb car, but it only cost a little over 200k. The Lambourghini Aventor, is another superb car, that costs nowhere near one million credits. Again, the Ferarri Italia, a favourite in online races in GT5, and that too, costs less than 300k.

. 👍

I made no allusion to the fact that the "best" cars are 20M. I agree, most are just old classic cars and drive like $5<@ !

But the Ferrari 250 GT is very nice ! You may be able to try it after you've been grinding until Easter.

I think the progression, prizes and money have been more in line with the pace of the first 4 games. GT5 was really the oddball with the amount of money and prizes being thrown around. That being said, I have no problem with the pace that GT6 has set and have felt no pressure to buy credits. I'm a little over 35% through the career mode and have 40-50 cars in my garage including the anniversary models and about 900K credits. I've only had to buy 4 or 5 cheap cars, mostly for the one make races, so far and a few light upgrades. I understand the desire to jump into the higher end exotics and race cars, but as for me, I'll get there when I get there.

I made no allusion to the fact that the "best" cars are 20M.

Perhaps not, but you are implying that I find them desirable, when infact I have no interest in over-priced trophy cars. 👍

But the Ferrari 250 GT is very nice ! You may be able to try it after you've been grinding until Easter.

I never brought any of the 20m cars in GT5. I could not find justification in the effort versus reward. Alternatively, I could buy several other cheaper cars, fully tune them, and still have millions left over to squander as I please, if I was so inclined to grind that amount of credits in the first place. :sly: 👍

Shy of 3 trophies (Autobarmy, All Gold S-License (it's that damn Veyron, I really hate Veyrons), and Hidden Trophy) and Platinum after having bought the game in-store Friday evening (no DLC) and not playing since Sunday, the sense of accomplishment has subsided. I won't be involved in any sort of hacking or glitching, hell I don't even cut chicanes, but I sure as hell won't buy money from them when they seem to not give a flying 🤬 about the players who have been with the series since the beginning.

And think about it there are 166 more cars this time and you've still got ALL those "standards". At least throw some standards our way. But yeah. Been playing 25 hrs. 46% complete with career mode and have earned a grand total of $1.8 mil. That's it! If it wasn't for the glitch I'd and the Anniversary pack I'd only have about 30 cars in my garage. Now I'm at 122 with the Anniv. pack and only $2 mil of the $20 mil left. Only bought about 5 cars over a mil most expensive was the $2 mil Deltawing!

There really isn't a need for microtransactions. Getting credits through the standard career is plenty enough for getting the cars you want, not even counting goodwood, one-make races, coffee break etc.

I do not agree with this 'modern' line of reasoning, which states that you should be able to do whatever you want within a game. Where is the challenge or sense of accomplishment, when you can just cut corners?

where is the sense of challenge in grinding the same super easy event hours and hours and hours and hours to get enough credits to buy a car? or maybe it is a sense of challenge to punch in your real-life credit card in the game and buy things? I have been gaming since the beginning (meaning, I remember when pong came out, to give you an idea) and this whole concept of gaming-as-a-job is something I wish had not taken hold as firmly as it has.

I can understand how game makers like it, because it makes the microtransaction model possible, but I am not sure why gamers have embraced it so much when it's more akin to addiction than fun.

You want to 'earn' things? you should clamor for games where getting all golds is next to impossible, and cars are gated behind skill challenges not "who has the most time and the highest boredom threshold or real-life money" challenges. Or do you think that attaching a rubber band to your controller and wasting energy by keeping your PS3 on for hours is skillful? It's like in days of yore going to the arcades and seeing that your friend had beaten you on the leaderboards in Gyruss, you knew it's because he improved, not because he attached a rubber band to the joystick for 6 hours while he kept adding quarters and watching tv.

In the end nowadays people seem to have forgotten the fact that games are supposed to be entertainment, I already have a job during the day, last thing I want is to get home and have a second one to be able to "afford" to play what I have already paid for by buying the game; and yes, it is the definition of a job (an assembly line one at that) to repeat the same unchallenging actions over and over again for minimal pay.

If events were made in such a way that the more you play them the harder they get (and the higher their payout) then that would be different, say every time you play an A-spec race the AI is artificially made to go 0.5 seconds faster per lap, and the payout is doubled, you are always challenged, and it's not a "grind", it would be fun to see how far you can go. That would preserve a sense of progression and accomplishment without making it feel like a job, why can't it be like that?

Fortunately the allure of grinding for tens of hours to play a slightly-different-skinned-car is not very strong for me, as long as I can get enough cars to race online in spec rooms via the career it's good enough for me: I enjoy racing games for the competition, and you can have extremely fun races in all sorts of cars, without spending 200 hours grinding for one.

I think the progression, prizes and money have been more in line with the pace of the first 4 games. GT5 was really the oddball with the amount of money and prizes being thrown around. That being said, I have no problem with the pace that GT6 has set and have felt no pressure to buy credits. I'm a little over 35% through the career mode and have 40-50 cars in my garage including the anniversary models and about 900K credits. I've only had to buy 4 or 5 cheap cars, mostly for the one make races, so far and a few light upgrades. I understand the desire to jump into the higher end exotics and race cars, but as for me, I'll get there when I get there.

My sentiments exactly. I think the pace is great. I fully expect to be playing this game for two years or until GT7 comes out. I'm actually quite pleased with how far I've progressed in the game while only buying 2 or 3 cars.

The seasonals and prize cars are already paying off with the new M4 Seasonal. I was about to buy a german car for the National A event before the M4 Seasonal went live. Not only did I get a free M4 (great car on the Ring) but I also got 100k. Who says the payoffs are low?

In GT5 I did the grind for hours to get to the Vettel Challenge, which was the highlight of the game for me. Took close to two months. Then the Ferrari seasonal came out where you got 3.5 million credits and 600,000 experience points. Just for fun I started a new game with zero, borrowed the F2007 and got to level 30 in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Did the Vettel Challenge in 45 minutes and got to level 35 basically unlocking the whole game in 2 hours. I hope that Sony does not try to milk microtransactions. I won't be paying $150 to drive a classic car or have to replace cars due to chassis wear after every 2 hours of driving.

How many hours do you have to put in to make ~220million Cr? Please do the math and let me know.
It would take a lot for sure, once Bob is available you can always use him to get a bit of extra cash while you are not going to be playing. Also there will very likely be additional events either in A-Spec or seasonal that pay out more be it the one time only events like they had in GT5 early on or the events that you can run over and over. Hopefully they will not jack the prizes up so high as they did in GT5 though that made it far to easy to get millions of credits even for someone like me who wants to buy every single car in the game.

In GT5 I did the bulk of my playing before the seasonals where online, in fact I had already did some of the endurance races and everything up to that point in both A and B spec so the seasonals did not do anything for the initial game progression. They did help to get the high dollar cars and extra XP to get through those higher levels though.

I can't even begin to guess how many times I ran the Indy race in GT5 but it was definitely a lot earning millions of credits at ~50k a pop which you can also do in GT6 once you get to IA. I did use Bob to run the dream car championship quite a few times as well while I watched TV and such.

At any rate there is no need to purchase credits unless you just want to, you can get the cars you want by playing the game you just can't them then all at once.

I have had no shame in doing the money glitch/exploit to get the more expensive cars in the game. Of course, I will still leave the cars around 250K credits to some amount of grinding, but expecting me to grind over and over for a 20M credit car is completely unreasonable.

I bought this game to drive, complete the career, get the platinum, and race online. I did not buy the game for it to be like any MMO where there's a ridiculous amount of grinding involved to get what you want.

Sounds interesting but things are very wrong in this game, aside from low payouts and heavy grinding(repetitive and not fun gameplay) you cannot do what you want to and have fun at it. How is spending 2 hours repeating one race to amass money to buy one car fun? Not only that but you have to pay for everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Tires, oil changes, paint, visual parts cost money each and every time you replace them(wtf?). Microtransactions have changed the landscape because even if it wasn't PD's idea, it looks like the game was modified to go along with it. What is with the arbitrary sums of credits with the 50 million dollar limit anyway?
Many(a great deal) people may not have the time to burn through a game they already paid for to play to have to pay the equivalent of 3 more games just to drive one car? What sort of madness is that? It's not helped along by the fact the in game economy doesn't give you decent rewards, what about people without internet, how the hell are they supposed to do anything but grind or sell the game...guaranteed that they'll sell the game simply because it's too much of a grind in it's original form.
PD should have had the economy in the game set so that by 50% completion you should have 10 million credits saved up if you only had to redo a few races here or there, but you get a paltry 7 million by the time you actually finish the game are you crazy. Screw that, this game made it's bed and now will lie it in. GT6 should have never come out with such ridiculously low payouts, you want people to drive the cars and play online...how can you if you can't afford them. Natural progression is one thing, but constant grinding just to make enough money to buy a car, let alone the upkeep if you do endurance races...ha ha...casual players will put this down because $120 in real money on a singular car is high class nonsense.

How many hours do you have to put in to make ~220million Cr? Please do the math and let me know.

Probably quite a few. There's no fun going hell-bent and trying to get the best cars within a couple days. 220 million cr? Why do you need that much in such a short time?

It would take a lot for sure, once Bob is available you can always use him to get a bit of extra cash while you are not going to be playing.

In.

Here's the deal...they sold an INCOMPLETE game...I bought the game what 6 days ago. Bob and his crew should have been already working long and hard those six days so that I could buy additional cars to have fun racing on line. I for one AIN't gonna do something as boring and tedious and not fun like grind any race over and over and over. Not happenin' and I shouldn't have to. There 1200 cars in the game. Through normal play I should be able to collect em all in say 9 months or a year. At this rate 1.1 billion in cars 1.8 million in 25 hrs earned that's = $72,000 earned per hour or 15,277 hrs of game play to earn 1.1 billion. That doesn't included tuning, gear or anything else. That's 636 24hr days of playing. Unless you buy micro or you grind in your sleep you'll never own every car.

Probably quite a few. There's no fun going hell-bent and trying to get the best cars within a couple days. 220 million cr? Why do you need that much in such a short time?
When will you realise not everyone enjoys gaes the same way as you? some people havent bought gt because career mode is amazing but because they want to drive certain cars and race them online, Some people just want to go straight online and race in their leagues without the need to daydream through A-spec

It would take a lot for sure, once Bob is available you can always use him to get a bit of extra cash while you are not going to be playing. Also there will very likely be additional events either in A-Spec or seasonal that pay out more be it the one time only events like they had in GT5 early on or the events that you can run over and over. Hopefully they will not jack the prizes up so high as they did in GT5 though that made it far to easy to get millions of credits even for someone like me who wants to buy every single car in the game.

In GT5 I did the bulk of my playing before the seasonals where online, in fact I had already did some of the endurance races and everything up to that point in both A and B spec so the seasonals did not do anything for the initial game progression. They did help to get the high dollar cars and extra XP to get through those higher levels though.

I can't even begin to guess how many times I ran the Indy race in GT5 but it was definitely a lot earning millions of credits at ~50k a pop which you can also do in GT6 once you get to IA. I did use Bob to run the dream car championship quite a few times as well while I watched TV and such.

At any rate there is no need to purchase credits unless you just want to, you can get the cars you want by playing the game you just can't them then all at once.
We don't have to wait for B-spec or other crap. I certainly won't. S level events cost more to play than you can earn from them. That's F2P stuff right there. Not right when we've already paid ~$60.
I don't want it in a short time. I like earning things, I like being challenged. Unfortunately those aren't the prerequisites to use the cars that come with the game. Doing the same race for 20,000 hours is the only way at the moment and that's something I'm not willing to do. If it'd take a month to collect all cars in the game I'd be fine with it, but right now we're LOSING money per certain races we play.

Here's the deal...they sold an INCOMPLETE game...I bought the game what 6 days ago. Bob and his crew should have been already working long and hard those six days so that I could buy additional cars to have fun racing on line. I for one AIN't gonna do something as boring and tedious and not fun like grind any race over and over and over. Not happenin' and I shouldn't have to. There 1200 cars in the game. Through normal play I should be able to collect em all in say 9 months or a year. At this rate 1.1 billion in cars 1.8 million in 25 hrs earned that's = $72,000 earned per hour or 15,277 hrs of game play to earn 1.1 billion. That doesn't included tuning, gear or anything else. That's 636 24hr days of playing. Unless you buy micro or you grind in your sleep you'll never own every car.

Well first of all you do not need to buy 1.1 billion in cars, some of them are free and some will likely be offered later as prizes.

Second if you have only earned 1.8 million then you are playing much differently than I am, and no matter how you are playing you can not base the long term winnings on the first few hours as those first races pay much less than the later ones. I've only driven a little longer than you and I have earned 9 million already and have 10% of the cars in the game so far.

As for it being incomplete at launch most of us were well aware of that before we bought it.

Well first of all you do not need to buy 1.1 billion in cars, some of them are free and some will likely be offered later as prizes.

Second if you have only earned 1.8 million then you are playing much differently than I am, and no matter how you are playing you can not base the long term winnings on the first few hours as those first races pay much less than the later ones. I've only driven a little longer than you and I have earned 9 million already and have 10% of the cars in the game so far.

As for it being incomplete at launch most of us were well aware of that before we bought it.

Heard the best "grinding race" is only $43,000. How much of a difference do you think that will make??? 6 months? Really now. You don't have to buy all 1.1 billion. But what if you want 4 of the same $10 mil cars? To tune differntly? Not much differnce. In GT5 I got 4 X2011's because I wanted them in different colors.

The best paying race per minute is Nascar on Motegi at this point which pays 52k and takes less time than the 43k one you refer to.

Also there is no reason to assume that there will not be other ways to make more money in the coming weeks or months. So far I have had 0 trouble playing through career mode with the cars and credits available and even though i have bought several cars and tuned a few I still have over a million credits on hand which I may use for tuning or may save them for a while to buy one of the more expensive cars

How much of a difference do you think that will make??? 6 months? Really now.
If would make a big difference as you could in theroy run the Mogeti event 15 times in an hour at 50k each that is an earning rate of 750,000 per hour so it would be less than 1/10th what you said before and I would consider that a big difference ;)

In other words
hat's 636 24hr days of playing
becomes 63.6

Well the prize cars are definitely fewer than GT5 which was fewer than GT4.
The credit prizes are actually not that bad, actually higher than previous titles in most cases.
If memory serves 60 laps around Motegi Speedway in GT4 paid about 100k [could have been more maybe up to 250k] in GT6 5 laps pays a little over 50k. Of course in GT4 that race also awarded a NSX GT car which you could sell and get some additional prize money if you reset it before hand.

Last I looked I had earned roughly 4 million credits in GT6 and while there are many pricey cars I want to get I have a pretty good selection in my garage already.

I also fully expect to see some of those seasonal races coming online as the weeks go buy that allow us to earn more credits though maybe not as much as GT5 since many of the car prices are a lot lower in GT6.

I hope they give us some more of those Expert A-Spec seasonals where you get bonus credits for using a weaker car and can run them repeatedly. I rather enjoyed those in GT5. Trying to win with a car 100PP or more below the limit could be quite a challenge and resulted in a nice payday even if you didn't quite get to 1st place.

Another thing that will help credits wise is when B-Spec is activated. I can see myself letting Bob hit the 24 minutes of Nurburgring for 175k while I watch TV.

On GT4 I used to set Bob out on the ElCapitan endurance when I left the house or watched a movie and then sell the Minolta for a nice chunk of cash.

Yeah it really isn't that bad. The car rewards may be fewer but the payouts aren't any worse than previous GTs. I think people are just trying to find an excuse to justify why they shouldn't have to work to beat the game. I remember when gamers enjoyed working to beat a game.

Well, people have already paid them $50 for a measly 7 million credits, so I would say yes, it almost has to change their thinking when programming the game. People pay a lot more money, to play games a lot less expensive (to make) than Gran Turismo.

I do not agree with this 'modern' line of reasoning, which states that you should be able to do whatever you want within a game. Where is the challenge or sense of accomplishment, when you can just cut corners?

I am a gamer from the older generation, where the challenge was a test of competence, and the reward, a badge of honour. Having the ability to own anything in a game, without making the effort to gain it, is driving forward everything that is wrong within the gaming industry today. If the game is too difficult, or tiresome, then perhaps you should not play it, attempting to claim auto-entitlement, just because you brought the game, is in no way a valid argument.

I could ask you the same thing. Where is the challenge and sense of accomplishment when every mission, license, coffee break and races are easy to gold without even having to try? The only "accomplishment" in GT6 is grinding for hours to buy expensive cars. Most people aren't asking to be handed out every car, but there should be a middle ground, it's entertainment meant to be fun, not work. I have S unlocked, got every stars until i-A and halfway through it, gold on every side mission, raced 26 hours in all, bought around 20 cars for about 1 million total and I got 2.5 million in the bank, not what I would call a rewarding experience. There are "1200" cars, why are they so reluctant to give them as rewards?

Agree with you lalurentide. I went through and did just enough to get to the S-license. Got to S-5. Now I've gone back and golded all the races through half of IB and the earnings RATIO, REWARD ratio stink.

Latest Posts

Back