• Normal

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
That's not true.
It really depends on tyre wear, tyre temp/track temp and tyre pressure and how much the track is rubbered in and if the track is damp or greasy.

I haven't had any issues yet. But im driving the Audi so obviously there's plenty of weight back there with a big ass V10

If the track is damp then obviously thats a different story. Im just talking about in the dry.

I keep trying the Monza Enduro but the frames are dropping like ****ing rocks. Im done trying until they fix it.

I did slam in a 1:49.920 before the game started having a seizure. Not sure if thats good or not.

In 2018 the real qualifying pole time was like 1:48.3

So obviously im no pro

Last edited:
Just finished my second endurance race at Silverstone.

An excellent race, started in second and dropped back to fourth at the start (as I was messing around with the MFD), made my way back up to second and got punted off by the leader when I made a pass into Brooklands, which passed me back to second.

Got into the first pit stop in the lead and made it out in the lead (just), however, he pitted a lap before me on the second pit stop and managed to come out on top following my second stop by less than a second (watching it countdown in the pits and hearing him blast past as nerve-racking). Then spent the last stint swapping the lead through traffic as we worked through the backmarkers, finally managing to pass him for the lead at Brooklands on the very last lap.

One of the most epic races and victories I've had in sim racing against AI, I bloody love this game!

You have to make sure that all 3 items are GREEN. Fuel, tires, and driver change.

If not then make sure to check them YES on the mfd when you pit.

Let me see if I have got this right. When an item is RED e.g refuel says INVALID you still check it anyway? And if you are running with Tyre/Fuel Wear to <OFF> how much fuel do you add. I have been running with it off and so I only have 2l of fuel onboard. (Lighter car faster easier to drive)
Is there a required amount of fuel you MUST take over the race distance? In Australian Super Cars series there is a required minimum amount of fuel that has to be used during a race and so during a pit stop the crew will actually overfill a car and let it exhaust into the overflow bottle so their fuel usage is correct at the end.

I am not overly familiar with GT3 rules as there is very little coverage in Australia. We only get one race a year and then its edited highlights and most of that they are driving around under a yellow flag because someone else has binned it at Bathurst ;-)

I usually play with the mfd on the main straight before i pit to make sure everything is green and ready to go.

I do this at the start of the STINT to see what to expect. Then as I approach the 20mjn mark and a pit stop I re-check the MFD to see what has changed (if anything). So on the last attempt I physically changed nothing and let the game manage my pitstops and it told me when to pit.

The no name driver thing is weird, but you should have made two drivers when you started the career. The third driver is your screen name, which is dumb

At the start of the game I was only told to create 1 driver. And in qualifying do you get 3 sessions? Driver 1, Driver 2 and combined?

So can you (or someone else) please tell me what is expected for every pit stop in these endurance events?

Every pit stop:

1) Change driver Y/N
2) Tyre Change Y/N
3) Refuel Y/N (If so how much to take on)

On this last point. For my Bentley GT3 car it says fuel burn per lap is about 3.3L. So over 30 laps that's about 100L for the race. I believe the car holds 105L so technically it could do the whole race on one tank.

Lastly IF I run with fuel/tyre wear to on and I run low on fuel is it allowed to make an extra pitstop to take on fuel or if I wreck a tyre change it? Or is it 2 stops ONLY?

For example in the sprint races (1hr) you are only required to change the driver and tires. So those things need to be green. No need to worry about fuel.

In the endurance races later on you need to change driver, tires, as well as add fuel.

I dont know how it works if you have tires wear/fuel turned off. I have them on.

But if "add fuel" is red then just turn it to "on" and add 1 liter. That should make it green

Just finished my second endurance race at Silverstone.

An excellent race, started in second and dropped back to fourth at the start (as I was messing around with the MFD), made my way back up to second and got punted off by the leader when I made a pass into Brooklands, which passed me back to second.

Got into the first pit stop in the lead and made it out in the lead (just), however, he pitted a lap before me on the second pit stop and managed to come out on top following my second stop by less than a second (watching it countdown in the pits and hearing him blast past as nerve-racking). Then spent the last stint swapping the lead through traffic as we worked through the backmarkers, finally managing to pass him for the lead at Brooklands on the very last lap.

One of the most epic races and victories I've had in sim racing against AI, I bloody love this game!

If you get the AI to a level that suits you the races can be pretty epic!

The only game I can remember that created similar feelings racing the AI is TOCCA2 on the hardest level.

At the start of the game I was only told to create 1 driver. And in qualifying do you get 3 sessions? Driver 1, Driver 2 and combined?
Wierd, I got asked to create two, so I have Ken Miles and Carol Shelby as my teammates. :)

So can you (or someone else) please tell me what is expected for every pit stop in these endurance events?

Every pit stop:

1) Change driver Y/N
2) Tyre Change Y/N
3) Refuel Y/N (If so how much to take on)
Driver, Tyres and Fuel (1 litre+) needs to be taken on, but you also have to ensure that each driver runs the correct stint length, if you follow the engineer/spotter instructions on when to pit for stints you will always get it right.

On this last point. For my Bentley GT3 car it says fuel burn per lap is about 3.3L. So over 30 laps that's about 100L for the race. I believe the car holds 105L so technically it could do the whole race on one tank.
You could, but the car will be as heavy as hell, keep in mind that pit stops have to be a minimum of 30 seconds in duration, so you have plenty of time to take on fuel, change driver and change tyres, as such it gives you no advantage (quite the opposite) running a full fuel load.

You can also set how much fuel you get for each scheduled pit stop in the set-up screen before the race, its under strategy if I recall correctly and gives you one less thing to mess about with on the MFD.

The only thing that will take it over 30 seconds is if you need a brake change ('short' endurance races don't need this) or repair damage, I always set damage to No so minor bodywork doesn't slow down the pit stops. That way I can still toggle it on if I need to.

Lastly IF I run with fuel/tyre wear to on and I run low on fuel is it allowed to make an extra pitstop to take on fuel or if I wreck a tyre change it? Or is it 2 stops ONLY?
Yep, you can make as many stops as you like, but don't change drivers outside of the stint stops as you will mess up the stint durations and they are a pain to recalculate, keep in mind that each stop is a minimum of 30 seconds in duration, so its a lot of wasted time when you have plenty of time during the two mandatory stops.

I am not overly familiar with GT3 rules as there is very little coverage in Australia. We only get one race a year and then its edited highlights and most of that they are driving around under a yellow flag because someone else has binned it at Bathurst ;-)

Their YouTube live stream is supposed to be Global, so you should be able to watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world

Having said that, live races will probably be at a very unpractical time for you guys in Australia but you can always rewatch the full races on the same channel. You get some brilliant racing in this series.

Just had an epic race 2 at Brands, only to get an unexplained DQ at the end... and I know I only had 1 track limits warning, and I didn't cross the pit lane exit line, or start my engine before the control limit... frustrating... pulled an amazing 2 car overtake in the 1st corner to go from 4th to 2nd, 1st lap and held 2nd to the end.

Edit...

Restarted the race, pulled exactly the same overtake in turn 1 :D

Very scrappy 1st couple of laps saw me having to defend like mad, but held on to 2nd and eventually settled down in to some reasonably consistent low 25's (leader running mid 24's!). Pitted as late as possible, nailed the pitstop (I'm getting better at hitting the box now), and exited with a 1s lead over 3rd (leader long gone). Despite a nervous few laps, I know the AI will only attack hard in Druids, so concentrated on exit speed rather than lap times and held the gap c.0.5s to the end.

Interestingly, despite getting gold in the Monza tests, and having 2 victories and 2 second places out of 4 races so far, I'm still classified as bronze... not sure if this is just time related, or if the Brands wet test missing medal is holding my rating down.

On to Missano... a track I don't know that well, and one I'm not really comfortable at.

Edit 2...

Missano wet weather test is bone dry with 38* track temperature. Ran a rubbish few laps on slicks and got a gold medal. WTAF? :lol:

Edit 3...

Just rerunning the test to get a bit more track knowledge. Still bone dry and sunny, still 38*, pop ups says 'wet weather tyres optimal'... I ignore it and go out on aggressive default, and the car behaves like it's 15* and chucking it down... my slicks are 22* with zero grip. WTAF again? :lol:

Last edited:
Their YouTube live stream is supposed to be Global, so you should be able to watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world

Having said that, live races will probably be at a very unpractical time for you guys in Australia but you can always rewatch the full races on the same channel. You get some brilliant racing in this series.

I just started watching these myself it’s amazing that they show full races on YouTube. The only racing I really watched was F1 but this game makes me want to get into GT3 more.

Interestingly, despite getting gold in the Monza tests, and having 2 victories and 2 second places out of 4 races so far, I'm still classified as bronze... not sure if this is just time related, or if the Brands wet test missing medal is holding my rating down.
Is there supposed to be a medal for Brands wet test? I thought that was strange to get no medal.

I’ve only won the races at Zolder so far and am on silver driver level. I don’t think the medals for the initial tests count towards that though I assumed the gold/silver/bronze was just for race wins?

Wierd, I got asked to create two, so I have Ken Miles and Carol Shelby as my teammates. :)

Driver, Tyres and Fuel (1 litre+) needs to be taken on, but you also have to ensure that each driver runs the correct stint length, if you follow the engineer/spotter instructions on when to pit for stints you will always get it right.

You could, but the car will be as heavy as hell, keep in mind that pit stops have to be a minimum of 30 seconds in duration, so you have plenty of time to take on fuel, change driver and change tyres, as such it gives you no advantage (quite the opposite) running a full fuel load.

You can also set how much fuel you get for each scheduled pit stop in the set-up screen before the race, its under strategy if I recall correctly and gives you one less thing to mess about with on the MFD.

The only thing that will take it over 30 seconds is if you need a brake change ('short' endurance races don't need this) or repair damage, I always set damage to No so minor bodywork doesn't slow down the pit stops. That way I can still toggle it on if I need to.

Yep, you can make as many stops as you like, but don't change drivers outside of the stint stops as you will mess up the stint durations and they are a pain to recalculate, keep in mind that each stop is a minimum of 30 seconds in duration, so its a lot of wasted time when you have plenty of time during the two mandatory stops.

Thank you very much for that Scaff it will be a great help. I am just about to rerun the race again now so very good timing on the advice.

One thing that is becoming very obvious to me is that it is taking a lot longer than I thought to get a grip (excuse the pun) on this game's idiosyncrasies ;-) It is a very steep learning curve not helped by the lack of in-game information :-(

Thanks again, cheers.

Edit: Just Finnish the event and no problems this time :-) It's easy when you know the rules and discover a Ghost as third driver. So 6 hours and 168 laps later finally got there ;-)

Last edited:
I sussed the Misano test out... the track is wet, but the conditions are hot and sunny... so you get a drying track.

I sat in the pits for the 1st 3-4 mins, then went out on aggressive, with low fuel and high tyre pressures when there was a dry line. Ended up 1st.

Is there supposed to be a medal for Brands wet test? I thought that was strange to get no medal.

I’ve only won the races at Zolder so far and am on silver driver level. I don’t think the medals for the initial tests count towards that though I assumed the gold/silver/bronze was just for race wins?

I assume so... there are medals for the other tests.

You should get a medal.

I have a feeling it counts overall. For example, I got gold for my driver test, the Zolder weekend (even though i had a 30s stop & go penalty), received a bronze for the wet Brands Hatch test, and got gold for the Brands Hatch race weekend. My overall driver level is silver.

You should get a medal.

I have a feeling it counts overall. For example, I got gold for my driver test, the Zolder weekend (even though i had a 30s stop & go penalty), received a bronze for the wet Brands Hatch test, and got gold for the Brands Hatch race weekend. My overall driver level is silver.
Ah what the hell why doesn’t the game tell us any of this info?! There was nothing that said I had to aim for a specific time in the brands test. But why no medal at all for some of us? I didn’t go off track or anything like that.

Anybody know if theres a career guide or even a calendar so we can see what races there are and how long they are? Spent the last hour googling but can’t find nada. Between this and the game not telling you you have a penalty they should’ve called this game Assetto Corsa lackofinformatione!

I found some info that might make things a bit clearer with driver ratings etc. So I think the level of your licence, platinum, gold, silver or bronze is determined by your overall rating if I’m reading it correctly.

3C71082E-DD06-44FA-B749-4A42B77031AC.jpeg

Apparently you have to drive 250km at start of each level to achieve the licence level. So to get a platinum licence for example your score of 9000 would have to be retained for 250km of consistent driving not dipping below 9000.

Also here’s the regulations PDF that some might find handy... http://files.world-challenge.com/rules-regulations/2019-BGTWCA-SportingRegulations.pdf

Even tc at 2 you can mash the throttle and not worry about spinning out

That's not true.
It really depends on tyre wear, tyre temp/track temp and tyre pressure and how much the track is rubbered in and if the track is damp or greasy.
I was listening to a GT3 driver a long while back who was asked about TC settings when driving, he wouldn't give any secrets away but he said most just have to zero then fick on TC to whatever setting depending on the conditions I.e rain, tyre wear etc.

On the driver profile screen my rating is 8641, and I'm silver... last time I looked I was bronze in career.

I think I need to get my safety rating up. It's only 31, but then I'm usually at the front, so not racing closely with any other cars... I'll maybe set up some quick races and start from the back.

Doesn't look like platinum will be too hard to get to.

Back