Carola Levin GT-APEX (AE86) '83

• Thread starter Fumergamer
  • 45 comments
Australia
QLD, Townsville
fumergamer
Hey guys, i'm looking in the ''every tune in the games'' thread to find a drift tune for my carolla but i couldn't seem to find one.

i need some tips on my gears.

1st: 3.632
2nd: 2.617
3rd: 1.989
4th: 1.578
5th: 1.307
6th: 1.130
Final gear: 4.368
Max speed: (bottom) 200, (Top) 200

Any suggestions?
Its just not getting enough speed & acceleration around the cornors.

Last edited:
Wow. You're an Australian and your spelling is that good? :embarrassed: Amazing!

Anyway, here is my tune:
Weight reductions max. Weighing: 836 kg.

Max power: (Install every mod that increases power, and for turbo's go for the Supercharger), and get a oil change / engine overhaul. I'm on 262 bhp atm.

Trans:
3.632 / 2.617 / 1.989 / 1.578 / 1.307 / 1.130 Final gear: 4.300, top speed 200 km/h

Clutch: Twin Plate, Flywheel: Semi-Racing, Carbon Propeller shaft.
LSD: 5 initial torque, 60 accel, 60 decel.

Suspension:
-20 front ride height, -20 rear ride height.
Spring rate: 4.5 14.0
Dampers Extend: 3 9
Dampers Compress: 3 9
Anti Roll bars: 2 6
Camber: 3.0 2.5
Toe: 0.30 0.05 (both positive!)

Last but not least: Tires Comf Hard!

Wow. You're an Australian and your spelling is that good? :embarrassed: Amazing!

Anyway, here is my tune:

Max power: (Install every mod that increases power, and for turbo's go for the Supercharger), and get a oil change / engine overhaul. I'm on 262 bhp atm.

Trans:
3.632 / 2.617 / 1.989 / 1.578 / 1.307 / 1.130 Final gear: 4.300, top speed 200 km/h

Suspension:

Were you being sarcastic about my spelling haha? :P
And thank you a lot mate, going to chuck it on now and test it out.
Happy New Year.

Anyway, here is my tune:

Trans:

Suspension:

Awesome, set-up... Mostly everything is beneficial, but one question. How is the suspension supposed to function at a 100%, when it's well... Slammed. But then again you could be a form>function kind of person.

Gonales
Why so hard in the rear? Also, the camber seems a bit extreme to me. I haven't tried to tune an 86 though, so I wouldn't know. Im just curious.

JDMTuningJZX90
...you could be a form>function kind of person.
Drifting is all about form>function. :P

Awesome, set-up... Mostly everything is beneficial, but one question. How is the suspension supposed to function at a 100%, when it's well... Slammed. But then again you could be a form>function kind of person.

I'm 100% Function over Form. Thing is, a slammed car just means less body roll, which is the way I prefer it. That way steering and throttle are the major factors in stability of the car :)

Why so hard in the rear? Also, the camber seems a bit extreme to me. I haven't tried to tune an 86 though, so I wouldn't know. Im just curious.

Drifting is all about form>function. :P

The stiffness in the rear comes from my real life preferences, on a bumpy surface it is safest with a locked or 2 way diff, and most predictable :) (Opinion).

Camber is simple: My front camber is always this high, since I'm on a wheel, and get some huge angles (even with an 86), I want the car WHEN it gets front end grip, not to over react. Which is why I reduce the grippy-ness of the front :) Rear end is normally below 1, for me. But since this car has pretty low horsepower, I need to break traction easier. (When I can't, because of the weight shifting, with low weight and hard springs. :P)

It's all a correlation really. :)

The setup looks good, may try it later.

But in the meantime:

grammar-nazis_o_456498.jpg

It seems you don't read properly before telling people they have good spelling. :lol:

This makes no sense? I read correctly, the spelling was off. Hence I made a bit of a joke about it, without pun intended. I really don't get what you mean though.

@Adrenaline: The meme actually does have good grammar. Unless you want it to contain punctuation marks?

This makes no sense? I read correctly, the spelling was off. Hence I made a bit of a joke about it, without pun intended. I really don't get what you mean though.

@Adrenaline: The meme actually does have good grammar. Unless you want it to contain punctuation marks?

Well if you did read properly you would've noticed the mistake.

Back