Carola Levin GT-APEX (AE86) '83

• Thread starter Fumergamer
  • 45 comments
I leave for a day and this turns into a grammar thread. Even I'm not that bad of a "Grammar Nazi"! :lol:

Anyways, tried the setup, Gonales. Now I have a reason to justify my choice to avoid those AE86s instead of saying they don't appeal to me and people jump on the "You haven't watched Inital D?!" boat. Assumptions... Anyways, it slides well, but, its not fun when you're going in slow motion. Reminds me of my early Silvia tunes.

I nearly peed my pantaloons when I saw this.
Proper grammar saves lives and helps eliminate awkward situations: Without a comma, "Let's eat, Grandpa!" would be "Let's eat Grandpa." Without capitalization, "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse" would be "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

I leave for a day and this turns into a grammar thread. Even I'm not that bad of a "Grammar Nazi"! :lol:

Anyways, tried the setup, Gonales. Now I have a reason to justify my choice to avoid those AE86s instead of saying they don't appeal to me and people jump on the "You haven't watched Inital D?!" boat. Assumptions... Anyways, it slides well, but, its not fun when you're going in slow motion. Reminds me of my early Silvia tunes.

Slow motion? Slow motion kicking ass in VDC indeed! :D Speed isn't the most important thing dude :)

Quick question:
Chassis Reinforcement, yes or no?
Why?

I wouldn't. Never did, so couldn't say if it was better or not, I'm just a person that kind of sticks to her routine :P

I see...
I have a hard doubt about chassis reinforcement on most of my cars, since is a path without return after do this.

Teoricaly the reinforcement makes the car more stable and predictble, otherwise it hurts the flexibility of the body and makes the car less subtle to domain. So i don´t know exactly after how many weight and HP its good to use or not. And in a car so "tail-happy" like the AE86, it gives me even more doubts...

Maybe ill need to buy 2 identical cars, put the same setup, and not upgrade the chassis in one of them to see exactly how it will acts. Even stills, i believe that doing it or not (reinforcement), i would need to review the whole suspension and transmission setup anyways.

Decisions... decisions...

Maybe ill need to buy 2 identical cars, put the same setup, and not upgrade the chassis in one of them to see exactly how it will acts. Even stills, i believe that doing it or not (reinforcement), i would need to review the whole suspension and transmission setup anyways.

Decisions... decisions...

Definitely try it out Lazy. Test it out on something cheap like the premium S13. I tested it out with my two Nismo Z-Tuned 350z and I prefered the one with the chassis reinforcement. One of my favorite cars now along with the Commodore. But I really suppose it comes down to how you tune.

Use a flash drive to backup your save before trying so that if you don't like it you can revert it. And wow alpaca, I know how much you like that Holden. :lol: I'm a Nissan chick through and through, and I love Z33s, but I don't care for the Nismo versions (S- and Z-Tune). Btw nice YETI, I have a full suspension Cannondale 26er.

What's funny with that grammar thing is that most of the people that can't spell to save their life (and when I say can't spell I mean multiple typos per sentence) are english natives...

I'll give this tune a go, I've just got a hold of an AE86... Finally!

Memes about grammar are far better received, when they actually use correct grammar.

True, but maybe the fact that they've incorrectly used possessive apostrophes in a meme that is talking about grammar nazis is the whole point - because they know that true grammar nazis will correct it! haha

What's funny with that grammar thing is that most of the people that can't spell to save their life (and when I say can't spell I mean multiple typos per sentence) are english natives...

I've noticed that, too: People who are born and raised in England/America have a lower quality of English than those who learn it as a foreign language, e.g. I'm half Chinese, although I've lived in England for most of my life. I can also speak a little French, which has helped my understanding of English. Also, an Italian admin of a Facebook page has uploaded pictures about poor grammar and spelling, and when I spoke to him about it and how people who don't speak English as their native language, I then found out he's Italian! Haha

Last edited:
The AE86's tires are so narrow that even 2 camber is a bit too much I think. It doesn't need less grip to drift, any more camber just deforms the tire shape even more during a drift and makes it harder to drift, without getting any more grip since the tires are so narrow.

Tryed your tune and I can say its a very beneficial car to use.. It's really balanced. Enough angle, speed, and the way its easily controlable makes it a car to drift as ones daily dance partner (except on a few tracks where its matter of HP{Cape Ring).

i like this car tho cant find i setup that fits my driving style. i like to enisiate drifting before the turn with breaking wile turning. a good example is the Elise. the ae86 has an extreme tendency to understate. any suggestions to fix it? i tried softening the springs to add bodyrool tho it did not help.

Latest Posts

Back